forum

Starbound

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Blue Stig
http://playstarbound.com/

I was going to wait till the beta comes out but I think it's going to be a while till that happens so yeah.
Here's a gameplay vid.

If this is the pre-alpha what is the full game going to be like?!?
Mara
Might get. Terraria was pretty cool, this looks even cooler.
Marcin
YES PLEASE, ALREADY PRE-ORDERED, MY LIFE IS SENSELESS WITHOUT A DAILY UPDATE ON PAGE.

Seriously, terraria was cool, and this thing.... Oh god please why it takes so long ;_;
Flanster
Me and my friend are waiting for it since rumors began to spread over the net. Quite similar to Terraria yeah, but better.
I think the beta should be out atleast by the end of the year.
Topic Starter
Blue Stig
If you value your time, do not play the Starbound soundtrack while playing Minecraft.

SPOILER

Arrg I'm already falling asleep.
Topic Starter
Blue Stig
Holy crap those grappling hooks!

Azure_Kite
What. Terraria has had almost the same system for more than two years. The only thing they implemented were curving around surfaces and adjusting heights :/
Topic Starter
Blue Stig

Azure_Kite wrote:

What. Terraria has had almost the same system for more than two years. The only thing they implemented were curving around surfaces and adjusting heights :/
Yes but those small changes really increase the control of your grapple and dramatically increases movement flexibility.
I've always thought the Terraria grapple acceleration was a bit too snappy.
Topic Starter
Blue Stig
bumping for notable update

http://playstarbound.com/how-the-beta-is-going-to-work/

Tiy wrote:

Yup the title includes the word beta, that’s because it’s really not very far off now.
Not very far off now™.

Tiy wrote:

DO NOT take part in this stage if:

- You’re still busy playing Pokémon X/Y

ha.
Topic Starter
Blue Stig
Topic Starter
Blue Stig
Bump

Partly because the game is picking up steam but mostly because...

Dafydd
so I built a house on my home world, but the game suddenly crashed and all the worlds did a reset as if nothing had happened. Your space ship is still the safest place to put all your stuff on. :(
Murasaki
I got to sector X and had a ton of purples and stuff. Then an update came through and wrecked my character so I'm gonna wait for it to be a bit more stable before I go back to it.
Birdy
They weren't supposed to wreck characters after updates or patches anymore?

I'm curious, I should check mine now.
Topic Starter
Blue Stig
Bumping for obvious reasons.

Raybrandt wrote:

Birdy
I don't know "obvious reasons", mind elaborating?
Topic Starter
Blue Stig
Check the game website.
Neroh
Bout time it got updated. Too late now though, most of the people that originally bought it feel abandoned. A classic example of Early Access at it's finest.