forum

Different Rating For Each Difficulty

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
WyndII
It's very clear. In each difficulty it has individual rating spread.
pros: At least the mapper will know that his/her difficulty is good / bad, and also helpful for collab maps.
cons: none?
Ekaru
That's something many people suggested in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14238

That, and 5 choices with words instead of 10 stars. :P Etc.
Mashley
Nah, it just sounds a bit useless to be honest.
Topic Starter
WyndII
It's not included on your first post~
I/we/us want each diff will have separate ratings not just one song one rating. My request is very clear :cry:
Anyway, Like|Dislike can be use as rating in each diff.
Gemi
Yes, each map in a song should have a separate rating. There are sooo many maps where one difficulty level either sucks ass or rocks your balls and it's unfair to have the rating combined. Basically you can have a map with a crappy easy level and an awesome hard level, then all the players who play the easy will rate badly and the players playing ther harder map will rate good, so the average rating for the song doesn't reflect either map.
Ekaru

WyndII wrote:

It's not included on your first post~
I/we/us want each diff will have separate ratings not just one song one rating. My request is very clear :cry:
Anyway, Like|Dislike can be use as rating in each diff.

Well I'm too lazy to edit the first post. I should do that, shouldn't I? *fixes*

EDIT: See, it's included in my first post! What are you talking about? ~

Also, support. Though I dunno how it would be implemented.
LuigiHann
I agree, this is important.
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gabi

awp wrote:

And the overall beatmap would have an average spread across each difficulty, or what?
i guess it would work likethat, just add all votes to 1 overall that shows the beatmaps overall....
Topic Starter
WyndII
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Derekku
Topic Starter
WyndII
:!: IF this Thumbs up thumbs down, like dislike rating system will be implemented then the mapper ranking will be affected =( or not.. coz 1-5 will be converted to like and 6-10 to dislike which will make it unaccurate... and then if star rating 1-10 stays, some people will just click and click on star 1 >.<.. just an idea though.

but i/we/us want that different rating for each diff ~ xD

EDIT: New ranking system is on going :( i wish this was included xD
Ekaru
Gemi

Ekaru wrote:

Strongly Dislike|Dislike|Neutral|Like|Strongly Like is how it would most likely go, considering people seem to want that. It wouldn't be converted? It would be a reset, I think, since you can't exactly convert correctly and fairly... The scales are different.
Yes, it must be reset, since there are so many problems with the old system that converting isn't fair at all.
Topic Starter
WyndII
awp

Ekaru wrote:

No one really cares about mapper rankings now anyways. People don't look at it much, I think?
It's what I live for.

Also, if there's a 1-5 rating system, the old scores could be "ported" over in a way - by dividing all current scores by two, (and, if deemed necessary, rounding up) you'll get a range of 1-5, which should be compatible with the new system?
Gemi

awp wrote:

Also, if there's a 1-5 rating system, the old scores could be "ported" over in a way - by dividing all current scores by two, (and, if deemed necessary, rounding up) you'll get a range of 1-5, which should be compatible with the new system?
You don't want to do this, since people vote very differently on a 1-10 scale than on a 1-5 scale. Yes, there are researches proving this, no, I will not google them for you.
Gabi
don't change this topic into changing the voting system FFS.
Topic Starter
WyndII
Yes please...
The topic is about Different Rating For Each Difficulty.
Voting thing topic was Ekaru's fault.
Azure_Kite
I support this idea; I've often played songs where one beatmap is unenjoyable for me, and I've voted down because of it, only realising later that the next maps are really good. As a result, I've rated maps down where, in retrospect, I would have rated higher.

(Know this has been said before) A feature where you can take back rankings would be nice
(Also knows this has been said before) +1 Support
0_o
NECROBUMP ^_^ I think this is important..