no kd..
LKs' Another
00:31:400 (6) - 放错了。 一直没人注意到么
Topic Starter
Flower
all done
Bara-
Call zzh to rebub and I'll qualify

One more thing, can you please lower HP in LKs? None of the diffs surpass 6, except his diff. Even 7 would be fine ^_^
Topic Starter
Flower
6 would be too low for this difficulty. And according to my experience, 7 makes HP drain even faster. So 8 should be just fine. I'll call him back

edit: 谢谢爷爷
ZZHBOY

Baraatje123 wrote:

Call zzh to rebub and I'll qualify

One more thing, can you please lower HP in LKs? None of the diffs surpass 6, except his diff. Even 7 would be fine ^_^
Rebubbled. Though I remember someone said it's unnecessary to post rebub for those little changes.
Bara-
I believe you need to when someone else mods it

Anyways

QUALIFIED!
Anxient
the return of the axion

with a vengeance
zyoi
congratz o3o
看得我眼睛都瞎了
pw384
the nb gAme sTaRT
Epiphany

Mystyk wrote:

Karen wrote:

can you guys stop dropping shit posts and help the map instead.

btw,
in fanzhen's Hard
00:01:900 - there is no sv change on this green line, it should be avoided.
just reminding you about this, it still hasn't been fixed

Ranking Criteria wrote:

An inherited timing section may be placed on an uninherited timing section (but only to change the slider speed)
The problem is not with the volume of the green line (as HappyRocket88 mentioned), the problem is that it has no SV change, that's why 00:01:900 - this green line has to be removed!

greenlines dont have to be removed unless they collide with others.
Kitami Erika
你用没用改的版本
Topic Starter
Flower
没啊,不是说下次dq见吗
Sophia
Setting aside how hard it is to read, there are some things which just don't feel right with this mapset. I simply for the life of me cannot come to understand how, for example, in HW's EX, things like

01:12:775 (1,2,1,2,1,2) -

Are completely fine. It's practically a 1/4 fullscreen jump, when there are sections of the map that have a much shorter distance snap when they're 1/2 or similar. Distance snap seems to be something that was tossed out the window in a few of the difficulties. Even if it is fine for gimmicky reasons or mapping reasons I do not comprehend, a fullscreen 160bpm 1/4 jump doesn't really seem something we should be seeing in ranked mapsets. I suppose such things as basics kept in the wiki are not something that applies to popular, experient mappers. Or maybe the wiki just needs an overhaul.

But what the hell, I'm no mapper and this is going to get ignored because I'm not good enough to play the difficulties regardless.
Bara-
Those jumps are by no means hard. They seem hard at first, but I can properly play them, despite not being that good of a player
Sophia

Baraatje123 wrote:

Those jumps are by no means hard. They seem hard at first, but I can properly play them, despite not being that good of a player

It's not about them being hard or not hard - it's about how awkward it is to have these 1/4 jumps that are inconsistent with the map spacing that came before it. It seems like the spacing in this map is made so in a way that is geared just to purposefully make it gimmicky. Which I suppose is fine? But I don't know.
BRAH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCFq6Wi-cYM here you go now noone can complain about the pattern being too hard this guy did it in 2 tries
WORSTPOLACKEU
There are still awkward patterns in every diff that shouldn't be there.
Shiirn
"Hard because hard"

"Hard because awkward as shit"

pick one
Yunomi
a late happy chinese new year to everyone
Doxa
im gay
ztrot
It has come to my attention that quite a few have wanted this to hold off a bit more as to address the issues in the mapset, there were some valid complaints I felt were thrown to the side. So before this turns into a heated drama fest i ask that you take into consideration these pointed out errors. Do not just ignore these and find someone else to rank this talk it though the community wants to see this map be something all can enjoy not just another let see how far i can push the rules thread. So to make myself clear as crystal I want to see the issues addressed to HW's EX and the other mods that were thrown to the side after the bubble.
Topic Starter
Flower
If my understandings were right, that you were referring to the non-kudosu'ed mods after the first rebuble after the first dequalification, I could promise those posts, despite ignoring some offensive or sarcastic words, were thoroughly read, appreciated and then replied. Unclear instruction on your dequalification post kind of confused me. If there is any rule being violated, would you please point the pattern out, then refer to a certain rule? I guess that is how a QAT will do when executing a dequalification.

edit: 新的一年祝大家碎碎平安啦

edit2: It's weird that in Microsoft Edge I can't select text or reposition text cursor with mouse (but can do with keyboard), while can't use Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V but can do with mouse right click.
Doxa
TL;DR

Real DQ reason: it has no ponies
Shiirn
To summarize as simply as possible:

The map has patterns and flow that do not belong in a song of this nature. AXION is not a powerful song. It is not a song that implies, when listening to it, fullscreen 1/4 jumps, regardless of whether or not they are playable.

The issue is that the higher difficulties are taking the music's beat patterns and applying patterns that do not belong with the music, do not fit the music's tempo, buildup, or power in any predictable or comfortable way.

While the individual patterns are possible and playable, the difficulty of them are all over the place and do not fit the theme of the song - which progressively builds up to "max energy" about 50% of the way in, before rapidly declining in the final 1/4th of the song. These patterns do not fit AXION. There are other songs where they can totally fit. Furioso melodia has a lower bpm but much, much, much higher intensity.

We should really find a good english-> chinese and chinese->english translator to facilitate this. Believe it or not, I want this to get ranked - but as it is right now it is simply a bunch of big name Chinese mappers throwing random patterns that look fancy at a song that cannot withstand the strain.

This is, to a point, up to the mapper to interpret. Two different mappers can certainly think a song is different in intensity. But making crazy 1/4 jumps across the stream and back and forth 1/4 streams should be something mappers find a good song for - they shouldn't be putting it in the closest track they can find.

All of these mappers are quite good. They're very good at mapping, I won't deny that, and I respect each one of them a lot - but this kind of "crazy mapping" is something most self-respecting mappers stopped doing early on as it is a newbie fantasy.

Please do not disregard this post as this is about as respectful as I can get - I don't do "politics" very well.

tl;dr the song choice is much more of an issue than the actual mapping or the patterns within them
MillhioreF
As long as we're here, PLEASE fix 01:25:900 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4). The cursor movements required are incredibly unnatural, on top of the massive difficulty of the section in the first place. If you keep the spacing, at least provide some sort of flow like you do in the notes before it.

An example of how it could be fixed (doesn't have to be like this though)
Kitami Erika
都是你当初让我随便来 吗的
rustbell
再dq我就要FC了 不要啊
Skystar
機器人又要升級固件了
Shad0w1and

Shiirn wrote:

AXION is not a powerful song.
excuse me, I have not found a single song that is clearly more intense than AXION, even The Big Black.
Avishay

Shad0w1and wrote:

Shiirn wrote:

AXION is not a powerful song.
excuse me, I have not found a single song that is clearly more intense than AXION, even The Big Black.
Well a song's intensity is a subjective matter, but just because the song is 160 bpm with so many 1/4 instruments it does not mean it justifies such difficulty.
JappyBabes

Shiirn wrote:

The issue is that the higher difficulties are taking the music's beat patterns and applying patterns that do not belong with the music, do not fit the music's tempo, buildup, or power in any predictable or comfortable way.
welcome to 2016 bby can't wait to see your 9* map
WORSTPOLACKEU

Shiirn wrote:

We should really find a good english-> chinese and chinese->english translator to facilitate this. Believe it or not, I want this to get ranked - but as it is right now it is simply a bunch of big name Chinese mappers throwing random patterns that look fancy at a song that cannot withstand the strain.
This is very true and I hope the mappers do something about it.
ac8129464363

Shiirn wrote:

The map has patterns and flow that do not belong in a song of this nature. AXION is not a powerful song. It is not a song that implies, when listening to it, fullscreen 1/4 jumps, regardless of whether or not they are playable.
Sorry, but there's nothing objective about that statement. Who are you to decide how other people see the song? Everyone will have their own interpretation of what's going on and that's fine.

What SHOULD be the focus, rather than that, is the gameplay itself. Does it play well and represent the song through its own style/from the mapper's viewpoint? These sorts of questions are what we should ask.
Kite
Something you don't agree with doesn't make it wrong
Try to see things from another viewpoint, that's what mapping is about

deetz wrote:

What SHOULD be the focus, rather than that, is the gameplay itself. Does it play well and represent the song through its own style/from the mapper's viewpoint? These sorts of questions are what we should ask.
Best thing anyone has ever said
Sophia
I feel like this thread is going to quickly derail into an argument of the sorts where the two sides discuss whether one should map to the song, objectively, or to what they feel, and all that "mapping is art" stuff - if you want to look at the song "in another way" and impose your own rhythm with your map on the top of the song itself through your mapset by emphasizing awkward rhythms you claim to view over what would be the most obvious rhythms that anyone can perceive. The song doesn't feel like it is such a song that's been portrayed in the highest difficulties, but the mapper can easily claim that he "feels as if it fits", and even that this song is "more intense than even Big Black", however out of left field the comment may be.

That's likely not going to be productive, so perhaps it'd be better to look at spacing and flow of the maps, which are undeniably off and awkward no matter how you look at it. Also, before anyone pulls into it, someone being able to FC a map doesn't make the spacing or the flow any less awkward or off; it just means there's people who can play whatever awkward stuff you placed in your map. That does not change the fact it is counter intuitive and all over the place. It may be playable, but that does not make it correct or good.
Misure
Anyway, Happy Chinese New Year :)
[Mahua]
tm的不是你们要的难吗 这tm不够难?
有pp不拿都有病 没难点的谱子谁tm玩啊
edit:这比我做的那个axion容易多了
Liiraye

Shiirn wrote:

tl;dr the song choice is much more of an issue than the actual mapping or the patterns within them

I really have to agree with this. Some of the diffs themselves would probably work great in other songs but axion is such a monotone and ambient track.

To me it seems that, just like how radical feminists look too far into things just to find something they feel is insulting, people are looking too far into songs, trying to emphasize shit that isn't even there for the sake of difficulty increase and making an edgy map. People should know that just because something is on beat doesn't mean anything goes. Common sense should also apply as mapping = crafting official levels for a game, not just our own personal art exhibition.
I'll have it known that I consider mapping more than just level making in a game, so much that I'd even call it an artform. However, it's also restrained by the need of proper gameplay.

I'm tired of people getting offended when they are criticized for doing something VERY controversial. Meet the important arguements with your own instead of blaming it on biases. Try to make people understand exactly what you're trying to pull off, because if you can't even explain what you are doing, then how can you claim to know it's even remotely good?
Shiguma

Shiirn wrote:

While the individual patterns are possible and playable, the difficulty of them are all over the place and do not fit the theme of the song - which progressively builds up to "max energy" about 50% of the way in, before rapidly declining in the final 1/4th of the song. These patterns do not fit AXION. There are other songs where they can totally fit. Furioso melodia has a lower bpm but much, much, much higher intensity.
Isn't this completely subjective? Someone's opinion on this song may be it's not intense, while others think it is very intense.

I don't understand why it was disqualified for these gimmicky patterns especially when the star difficulty is above 6 stars. Isn't it really the people who can't even play 6* beatmaps the ones who are complaining that these maps are too hard? Isn't that the reason there is a difficulty spread?

Nube wrote:

I'm tired of people getting offended when they are criticized for doing something VERY controversial. Meet the important arguements with your own instead of blaming it on biases. Try to make people understand exactly what you're trying to pull off, because if you can't even explain what you are doing, then how can you claim to know it's even remotely good?
While the beatmaps may be controversial, isn't that kind of a good thing? Do we want to see the same exact style of mapping repeated over and over again? This map may be extreme, but many people can play these difficulties. It allows for creativity. HanzeR comes to mind, with his creative mapping style which people initially hated but seem to enjoy elements of now.
Edit: I'm terrible at reading and I'm making up things. Also don't know what I'm talking about. Sorry.
show more