forum

Mighty No. 9

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bmin11

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mig ... ighty-no-9

Mighty No. 9 is an side-scrolling action game by Comcept, under development for PC. It resembles Mega Man, because the project leader is no one other then Keiji Inafune, co-designer of Mega Man.

The project is openly looking for funding over Kick Starter and has successfully reached their goal $900,000. Though, the project is still open for stretch goals, including the console port. Also, if the person funds enough, there will be series of rewards given to the person depending on the amount.

The estimated release date is spring 2015.

Stretch goals:

mathexpert
This looks awesome!
A kickstarter goal of $9000 is actually quite low, I'm impressed.
Topic Starter
bmin11

mathexpert wrote:

A kickstarter goal of $9000 $900,000 is actually quite low
Sorry I forgot to add two more zeroes. Edited the first post.
Mianki
Stretch goals are now in the pipeline with $1.2 million to add two more stages to the six stages already planned for the game. At $1.35 million, the developer will add Mac and Linux versions for the game, while $2.5 million will include PS3, X360, and Wii U platforms. A new game plus and turbo mode will be developed at $1.5 million and a making-of documentary by 2 Player Productions is set at $2 million.

There are additional stretch goals at $1.75 million and $2.2 million but details have not been announced at this time.
I'll check back later to see the last stretch goals and see if they add any new perks. After that I'll prolly support it too.
mathexpert

bmin11 wrote:

mathexpert wrote:

A kickstarter goal of $9000 $900,000 is actually quite low
Sorry I forgot to add two more zeroes. Edited the first post.

okay then, nvm xD
NoHitter
Won't Capcom attempt to sue?
senaya
blue and orange everywhere
NotEvenDoomMusic

NoHitter wrote:

Won't Capcom attempt to sue?
Q: Is this game affiliated with Capcom or Mega Man in any way?
A: No.
Mighty No. 9 is a side-scrolling action game inspired by titles like Mega Man, and it’s being made by many developers who’ve worked on Mega Man games in the past, but it’s 100%, top-to-bottom an all-new property that shares no characters, code, fiction, or anything else besides its genre with Mega Man. So while some of us are ex-employees of Capcom, and all of us are big fans of their games, this project has nothing to do with Capcom or Mega Man.

it's like suing all other games that are based off already existing ones e.g.: KoF being a rip-off of Street Fighter just because it's a 2D fighting game.
Mianki
Mighty No. 9 hits first stretch goal, will have two bonus stages.
Topic Starter
bmin11
Mighty No. 9 has reached the second stretch goal. There will be Mac/Linux version as well.

EDIT: Third stretch goal has been reached. Now there will be an end game contents + a turbo mode that will accelerate the game for more challenge.
Topic Starter
bmin11
They just added a whole lot more all the way up to $3,300,000. I really doubt we could reach that far.
Mianki
Gonna bump this. 4 days left of this Kickstarter and it currently is in $2,669,344. I pledged some moneys and the next stretch goal is $2,750,000: BECK & CALL ONLINE CO-OP CHALLENGE MODE!
That would be cool so anybody else here who wants to pledge? :D
Topic Starter
bmin11
Updated

I feel like some stuff over there should be included to begin with idk
Josh The Biker
this game looks amazing, too bad i probably won't be able to run it unless it gets a console release.
Topic Starter
bmin11
It will be released for PC, Mac, Linux, PS3, 360, and Wii U. It will depend on the amount of support for PS4 + One ($3,300,000) and Vita + 3DS ($3,500,000).

KickStart will be open for the last two days.
SereneMidnight
Don't forget that the developers are also taking in donations, so even if the KS ends without the stretch goals met (Personally hoping for Xbox One and PS4 versions myself,) donations can be used to add to that total.
Josh The Biker

bmin11 wrote:

It will be released for PC, Mac, Linux, PS3, 360, and Wii U. It will depend on the amount of support for PS4 + One ($3,300,000) and Vita + 3DS ($3,500,000).

KickStart will be open for the last two days.
ok so i'll be able to get it on ps3 (and maybe 3ds)
nice
Topic Starter
bmin11

bmin wrote:

(from reading $3,300,000 stretch goals) I really doubt we could reach that far
Suddenly, this project just gained an extra $300,000.

Beating through the $3,500,000 stretch goal, this game will now be available for pretty much any platforms.

They also added more goals all the way up to $4,000,000.

bmin wrote:

I really doubt we could reach that far

9 hours to go!
Aoriki
I first notice (before the finally reached 3,500 mark) It never reached to the PS Vita and 3DS but looking at it now...I know what I'm planning on buying next~ Can't wait.
SereneMidnight
Well, it just ended. Counting the PayPal donations, we reached a total of over $4,000,000. Can't wait for it to hit the Vita! Not to mention the soundtracks and solo Call stage.
Topic Starter
bmin11
My God, it reached every single stretch goals they could offer.
mathexpert

bmin11 wrote:

My God, it reached every single stretch goals they could offer.
...Damn
NoHitter
$20 for a possible 3DS/PSVITA game is pretty cheap...
Not sure whether to use it for my PC or handheld consoles now...
awp
It finally occurred to me to back Mighty No. 9 like 3 days before the kickstarter ended

Keiji Inafune showed up to a friend's chiptune set shortly after Mighty No. 9 was announced. If I were him (my friend) I probably would have been asking a bunch of questions and picking his brain instead of doing my job