forum

How do you guys find new music?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fluton
I mainly just use SoundCloud recommendations most of the time. Found some pretty obscure artists this way, but I'm interested in the methods you guys use.
THAT_otaku
just anything recommended on yt, but 90% from having every ranked osu beatmap downloaded kekW
Kolmas
mostly bandcamp
yarWe
osu (for real)
ClevelandsMyBro
spotify
epic man 2
There are multiple methods on how I manage to grind music discovery in my own time.

1. Constantly go through Spotify algorithm for suggested artists (almost 1000 different artists are followed by me currently).
2. Find music that other people are interested in, like if they post it on some music sharing channel on Discord for example.
3. Pure luck sometimes haha (Like randomly finding the song on another platform, such as Soundcloud and Bandcamp)

Listening to albums (and having a varied taste in music) can really help with trying to find songs if you are less into going through algorithm suggestions, no joke. I keep mentioning about my song taste over the web but sometimes it's just hard to describe and I barely mapped any songs that I found solely from these tastes and such lol
fellipe345
I would say the same as epicman2 though I'll add collaborative public playlists. Oh I almost forgot about this page that I found a while ago when looking for how to find new music basically lol. https://everynoise.com/everynoise1d.cgi?scope=all
FINGERLOCK
rateyourmusic.com is my main site for tracking and finding new music.
TheKingHenry
I could swear I already answered this question but maybe not

mostly bandcamp and yt

back in the day also physical shops, like snatching cool-looking CDs whatnot, but that's not really a thing anymore the same way
Ymir
Spotify recommended songs

memes
dxnyx_
Spotify and I can recommend Soundcloud to everyone cause there you can find songs which arent released on Spotify or you can just use YouTube!
Mto1010
usually spotify - y'know how you get those playlist that are "made for you".
but also Osu, and sometimes Tiktok :)
Neigdoig
I also use osu! to do that. Mainly if I want to find a new Ranked map.
akmal2232232123
Soundcloud/Youtube
Puppet
playing osu
MrMcMikey22
YouTube is the ultimate place to find music and I found a channel that contains a huge amount (like 200 of em') of NicoNicoDouga MAD's or so...They are basically YTPMV's, but more anime and harem? and more japanese live action shows ecchi...If u don't know wat I'm talking about, good stumbling upon one of these... xP

(Feel free to chat me if u wanna know which channel it has that..)
nominomu
as an edm fan, i listen to the ncs 24/7 livestream (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tNtU5XFwrU) whenever i study and stuff, basically afk
Stomiks
I find scroll through youtube recommends with the genres I listen to
Reyalp51
algorithms guide me
B0ii
Go into public osu lobbies, or just go through the list of newly ranked maps
show more