forum

Horrible bad habit.. :/

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
phoenny
Hey.. there, just figured out that i MISS A LOT of Circles because i cant look at ONE CIRCLE AT A TIME when there are like 5 circles.. (then i just look in the middle, and that kinda stupid, then i get confused and randomly move over the circles..) i could easily singletap the most stuff i play when I could look at that shit but i cant get rid of this bad habit.. my reactions are fine so this isnt the problem at all.

Any tips how i can get rid of this shit it rly annoying and stops me from getting A on most maps instead of an C .. or a FAILED.
Oinari-sama
I'm probably not the best person to give advice here, but I do space out and stare only at the middle of the screen sometimes so I know what you mean.

You can try paying more attention to the approach circles to read the order of appearance. Think of the approach circles as ripples on water and hit the smallest ripple first. Overtime you get used to reading more objects at once and you'll probably be able to tell which sequence to hit without much effort. When that happens, you'll be paying more attention on "when" to hit the circle to get 300 and move onto develop other skills.
Zare
Play EZ mod for a month at least
problem solved
JAKACHAN
The only time this really affects you is complicated patterns and lower AR which is like 10% of maps if you learn to play HR. Either way it's nice to learn for those 10% of maps which are usually very contested and high played and reward a shit ton of PP.
quaternary
Those numbers in the middle of the circles are your new best friend.
Zare

tuddster wrote:

Eeeeh. Nope.
Wishy
Add Hard Rock.
Purple
Make it a habit to play Easy Mod every now and then, no matter how boring it is. It will pay off with time.

[quote=Wishy]Add Hard Rock.[/quote]

And then he/she starts skipping circles on AR10 (which sometimes happens to me). Not the best advice.
Topic Starter
phoenny
nah, it doesnt only happen on confusing patterns it happens as soon as the distances are bigger or like you said the pattern is complicated. :/ might fat followlines help? xD

and yea.. example. Gold Dust. I had Like a 500x Combo on it. now i cant even pass it anymore cuz i fail the lets call it "direct-reading" .. looking at each circle. not looking in the middle ( i suck at that, then i dont know if im on the circle or not)
Kert
Practice hidden alongside easymod too
GenoClysm

tuddster wrote:

yep. because taking the time to focus on the numbers definently helps over-focusing on the circles themselves

or maybe it doesn't
Arcanine
Same habit, just keep reminding yourself to pay attention. This usually happens if I find I'm doing well or nervous. :s
buny

Purple wrote:

Make it a habit to play Easy Mod every now and then, no matter how boring it is. It will pay off with time.

Wishy wrote:

Add Hard Rock.
And then he/she starts skipping circles on AR10 (which sometimes happens to me). Not the best advice.
how does that even happen unless you're playing a very high bpm
Topic Starter
phoenny
Dunno if it matters.. but it went to point where i fail maps i have a B or A on.. i dont get it :x
kleps
I had something similar in the past, the way I fixed it is I stopped looking at notes which I'm clicking and focused on notes that are yet to be clicked. When you see a note, immediately look at the next one and click the current one without looking at it. This works for me.
Starry-

sKyrOw wrote:

I had something similar in the past, the way I fixed it is I stopped looking at notes which I'm clicking and focused on notes that are yet to be clicked. When you see a note, immediately look at the next one and click the current one without looking at it. This works for me.
Tbh this is the exact opposite of what you want to do if playing maps like Roze or First of the Year.
But I really shouldn't say anything I can't even clear them maps myself.
AaronLyc
the same problem i have and i found the play count of me is similar to you.
in my word, i just pracitice the proficiency with playing various diff. maps and try to focus on the first circle so as not to miss it as well as concentrate the music for foreseeing the number of notes will be appeared afterward. :roll: sometimes it works.