forum

Newbie #9 - Knock! Knock! Knock! (Game End)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sakura
You're certainly turning scum after scumslipping like that.

Tbh i got no idea, because you're like the only one that has a very high chance of flipping scum
SeiinaAraki
*turns up at mention of prod*
Still really can't figure out why scumCaligno would play like this on d1
leaning irrescum
Royston
Haha. Scumslip? Please spare me...

I'm just trying to understand your mindset. Unless you have direct proof of someone being scum I don't see how what you're doing is helpful at all. Okay, this might sound hypocritical as I haven't been the most helpful town player - but focusing entirely on me and not considering the possibility of other people being scum is just wasteful. sure, there's nothing stopping you from doing so tomorrow but it's just a waste of a day imo if you don't use the time to consider other outcomes.
Royston
^ directed at Sakura btw, damnit sena :(
DakeDekaane
Maybe it's time for sharing our scum suspects? tbh I don't have strong leads, but Royston and Irre are quite suspicious for me.
Jinxy
I still think that Saki's most likely the last scum, though Caligno and Royston's interactions are still reading weirdly to me. I would be ok with lynching them.

CalignoBot wrote:

He explained it after that with enough variance from Saki's explanation that I didn't get that scummy sheep feel from it.

SenaSaki wrote:

When I skimmed rEdo's ISO I didn't really note much interaction between you and rEdo despite both of you being fairly active at around the same time.

Royston wrote:

I voted for Caligno because rEdo ISO seemed to be very passive when talking to him
Personally, their explanations here seem really close to each other, unlike what Cali says. Feels like Cali keeps defending Royston for some reason.

CalignoBot wrote:

It actually looks really slimy that people are jumping on him for his posts, anti-town as they are. At this point, he's being so incredibly anti-town that I don't feel it's mafia-motivated.
Could be attempted WK/buddying, though I don't get why Cali would try it again especially since rEdo was caught.

Anyway, unofficial votecount since Lilac's nowhere to be seen

Irreversible (2) - Calignobot, SenaSaki
SenaSaki (1) - Jinxy
Calignobot (1) - Royston
Royston (2) - Sakura, Irreversible
Amianki

Jinxy wrote:

Personally, their explanations here seem really close to each other, unlike what Cali says. Feels like Cali keeps defending Royston for some reason.
They're the same subject, but the reason itself is very different. Saki's reason was lack of interaction, while Royston's was the style of interaction.

Jinxy wrote:

CalignoBot wrote:

It actually looks really slimy that people are jumping on him for his posts, anti-town as they are. At this point, he's being so incredibly anti-town that I don't feel it's mafia-motivated.
Could be attempted WK/buddying, though I don't get why Cali would try it again especially since rEdo was caught.
What do you mean by again?

Also, what are your individual reads of both of us?
Amianki
We've only had 3 posts in the past 24 hours, and one was pretty much on that time.

Come on guys.
Topic Starter
Lilac

Knock knock, open up the door if it's real, with the non-stop pop pop of stainless steel.

Votecount 2.1:

Irreversible (2) - CalignoBot, SenaSaki
Royston (2) - Sakura, Irreversible
SenaSaki (1) - Jinxy
CalignoBot (1) - Royston

There's about 2 days left. Maybe I should make the deadlines 2 weeks. I'll do that in fact. You've got 9 days. Hurrah.

Irreversible has been prodded.
Irreversible
Ew sorry, i had three exams this week, barely had time to do anything, currently I'm at School i'll post further when i'm back home (approximately 5 hours)
Jinxy

CalignoBot wrote:

Jinxy wrote:

What do you mean by again?

Also, what are your individual reads of both of us?
Again as in rEdo buddied Sakura D1, got called out by Quotes, and your interactions with Roy look a little bit like buddying, so, "again".

As for individual reads, other than coming to Royston's defense recently which moved you to null, you had been leaning town-ish for me.

Royston... eeeeeh. I know I said that him calling out rEdo made him lean little town, but I'm retracting that statement because thinking about it more, the interaction stops there, so it could have been just calling out his scumbuddy and letting that point drop when rEdo didn't reply. D2, he voted you suddenly and didn't provide a reason until later.

We've been through this next part before, but I'll just say again that I don't really buy Royston's reason.
1. The subject, as you've already said, is the same.
2. "Passive" is honestly a very vague word. A lack of interaction easily leads to a weak interaction when they really do talk, imo. If you had suddenly gone into a heated discussion with rEdo, it wouldn't be lacking even if it was only a few posts long because points would be brought up.
3. Royston had a one-line explanation. Added with 2, I feel it's most like he saw Saki's post, read through your ISO, and then decided to vote for you while trying to change some terms around to make it look like he wasn't really copying Saki.

So, yeah. Would anyone else at all like to chip in to the discussion
Royston
Hi, I can

Well, I actually didn't notice Saki's post, though I understand if you find it hard to believe.

It's lazy reasoning to be sure, but to be honest I'm not really getting much of a scummy feel from the content of anyone's posts. That's why I voted Caligno, because the distancing between him and rEdo was one of the few things I picked up on. I'm only like 20% sure Caligno is scum though

also pls respond to my earlier post Sakura. :]
Sakura

Royston wrote:

Sakura, if it turns out I'm not scum, who would you suspect?
There's your scumslip, why would you need to hypothetically think you wont flip scum?
Royston
I don't need to think that. As I said, I was trying to view things from your perspective. You don't know if I'm scum or not (unless you're scum yourself)
Sakura

Royston wrote:

You don't know if I'm scum or not (unless you're scum yourself)
How does this work with 1 scum dead?
Royston
Well, if you're scum, then you know everyone else is town and therefore not scum :)
Irreversible
Unvote

Let's stop this, Royston is rather town for now, because he's trying to get out of the scum thing but can't, because you keep pressuring him.

What about Dake btw? His posts are small, asking a question, because he doesn't know what to do, probably tries to 'look' active, but actually isn't really telling anything. Dake, you've said to Royston: "Why shouldn't I vote for you", also you've asked "are you scum", he replied 'no I'm town", so now, it doesn't look like you're really scumhunting, because you've just gave up your hints, and now you've changed your scum-thoughts. What were the causes of these sudden changes? And it's pretty cool that you've asked who we are thinking is scum, what would you have done if someone said you're scum? Because I think you are.

Vote: DakeDekaane
SeiinaAraki
unvote
vote: Royston

nice catch sakura
also for some reason it wont let me on ms >_>
Royston
pls no sheep Sakura
DakeDekaane

Irreversible wrote:

Unvote

Let's stop this, Royston is rather town for now, because he's trying to get out of the scum thing but can't, because you keep pressuring him.

What about Dake btw? His posts are small, asking a question, because he doesn't know what to do, probably tries to 'look' active, but actually isn't really telling anything. Dake, you've said to Royston: "Why shouldn't I vote for you", also you've asked "are you scum", he replied 'no I'm town", so now, it doesn't look like you're really scumhunting, because you've just gave up your hints, and now you've changed your scum-thoughts. What were the causes of these sudden changes? And it's pretty cool that you've asked who we are thinking is scum, what would you have done if someone said you're scum? Because I think you are.

Vote: DakeDekaane
My main scum suspects haven't changed since D1. rEdo was lynched, Royston acted quite scummy in D2, and you're still a scum suspect for me, but I didn't get something that makes me clear who of you or who else can be scum. I don't get why you vote me, are you merely basing in activity, that's a wrong way to find scum. What did change your mind about Royston, earlier and in D1 you even voted him, why the change?

aaaaaaand it seems like Saki wants to buddy Sakura ;)
Royston
Seriously though Sena, do you have your own reasons for voting me? Or are you just following Sakura?
SeiinaAraki
scumslips lul
Royston
but it wasn't a scumslip
Amianki
Calling that a scumslip is weak at best. Saki's sheep is even worse.
Sakura

CalignoBot wrote:

Calling that a scumslip is weak at best. Saki's sheep is even worse.
Hey, Regfan found scum by that in a game I was at.
Amianki
I learned pretty fast that my secret list of scumslips don't apply at all on this forum. I don't really trust the same style of thinking to apply in both places very effectively.
Sakura
other than that, Royston has other things pointing to him, so i'm not basing it entirely off the scumslip.
Royston
like this?
My issue with Royston is that he had to wait until getting voted to appear.
Jinxy
I agree with Cali that calling that a scumslip is pretty weak. Royston did a similar thing in TH PYP IV where he asked me who the "remaining scum" were in D2, so I can see where his post here is coming from.

Saki is still acting the scummiest to me, especially by sheeping to Sakura, and only justifying it with the "scumslip" reason when asked without considering anything else at all.
SeiinaAraki
unvote
vote: Jinxy

if you want to lynch someone
push them harder
Irreversible
and why do you want jinxy lynched exactly? o.o your reasons aren't the best ones xD
Jinxy

SenaSaki wrote:

if you want to lynch someone
push them harder
My vote has been on you since the start of the Day.

Your posts today haven't been helpful for town at all, and your votes and reads are all over the place. You first considered Cali, then you leaned and voted Irre, then you sheeped Sakura to vote Royston with an incredibly weak justification, and now you're voting me instead of actually, you know, justifying further as to why you decided to vote Royston.
Royston
Sena's behaviour is certainly odd. inb4 reaction test.
Royston
alright then.

vote: SenaSaki
Royston
whoops I forgot the rule please forgive me Ratboy Genius

unvote
vote: SenaSaki
Amianki
I don't have to remind you guys to post content? Don't be lazy and just post to not get prodded, that's really lazy.
Amianki
Literally the only thing I can possibly comment on from my last post is Saki's Jinxy vote, which my opinion of should be obvious without me stating.
DakeDekaane
This is what happens with long deadlines :<

Vote: SenaSaki
Sakura
Eh guess i'll have to

Intent to hammer Saki
show more