forum

Newbie #9 - Knock! Knock! Knock! (Game End)

posted
Total Posts
show more
rEdo

CalignoBot wrote:

(...) and rEdo didn't have an opinion at all (...)
just wanted to make it clear: at first his twist of statements seemed as mere confusion of his to me, but every further post started to ping me pretty hard he's scum, that's why I intervened just recently and started to pressure him.
Irreversible
I'm not scum, that's all I have to say, if you wanna get rid of me, fine, but that's what only mafia want - get rid of townies.
Sakura
You aren't doing anything town tho, so why should I believe you?
Irreversible
I try my best to hunt scum, because I didn't really know that I really have to put my vote on day 1 etc, yet I try my best to do that now. The main reason i didn't vote was only that i didn't want to rush things, and consider some more points, but well, I was wrong.
Irreversible

rEdo wrote:

it's not us trying to be mean
rEdo, who is 'us' ?
Irreversible

rEdo wrote:

Irreversible wrote:

I still don't think that his 'selfvote' was just for talking stuff, if it was, he would've unvoted hisself already, wouldn't he?
his vote is only temporary and has no real relevance nor connection with him being scum, as you just implied - he'll just change it when the right time comes.

also, I do work for town - I wanna lynch scum, and with every post you just prove yourself being one more and more. is there a particular reason why you think Royston is scum, or just "a gut feeling"? or perhaps you're just following Sakura's wagon just to divert the attention from yourself?
And sorry that i missed this question, i actually didn't see it, too many things at once.

There is a particular reason, his inactivity when we voted him. calignobot immediately got active then, what lets me think they work together. It's obviously a good choice to stay quiet while you guys focus on me, isn't it?
rEdo

Irreversible wrote:

rEdo, who is 'us' ?
Sakura and me, as we're pushing you quite hard and you started to say stuff like "I don't even care anymore", so yeah >:(

Irreversible wrote:

There is a particular reason, his inactivity when we voted him. calignobot immediately got active then, what lets me think they work together. It's obviously a good choice to stay quiet while you guys focus on me, isn't it?
CalignoBot apparently got active because your posts started to ping scum, as I've mentioned before, and that's what he's focusing on. he hasn't defended nor said a word about Royston (except for saying that he has no idea why Royston defended him). not sure about Roy's case, though, but he seems less scummy than you right now.
Amianki
I tend to get really lazy when I commit to rereading the entire game or looking into every single player in the game.
Irreversible
What did you expect me to say reDo? <.<

Why would he say something about Royston? That's the defending actually imo, because he doesn't want to put attention on him.
rEdo

Irreversible wrote:

Why would he say something about Royston? That's the defending actually imo, because he doesn't want to put attention on him.
I might as well say that you're trying to put putting WAY TOO MUCH attention on him.
Irreversible
Well, should I put attention on Sakura, you, dake, kookook, whoever? Nevertheless, i'm trying to show you that calignobot and royston MIGHT be scum, but yeah, nobodys believing me. This is so helpless, well it's my third game now. once i get a vote it seems like everyone wants to vote me. this sucks.
Sakura
Unvote

Guys, I'm not sensing any scum motivation behind his posts, I think he's more likely to be frustrated townie, he seems to really want to help scumhunt (I put a link that's a guide to scumhunting earlier which you could read Irre) but more clueless about it.

P-Edit: So this is interesting, why do you think it's CalignoBot?
Irreversible
Oh, and please don't tell me i'm acting defensive, which makes me even more scumlike. obviously it lacks experience here, i've read some guides as well, but yeah, seems like i should do everything right from begin on, what didn't happen again, so.. yeah
Sakura
So here's the thing, I'm gonna copy something from mastin and tell you then.

There's 2 out of 9 scum in this game = 22,2%, remove yourself since you know yourself to be town it's 2 out of 8 = 25%, Now let's say add in 1 or 2 townreads that you've managed to get via interaction that makes it 2 out of 6 = 33,3% that's very well damn worth voting and start getting making your own personal investigation.

If it's better for you start by townhunting until you get 1 or 2 townreads, then start scumhunting the rest.
Irreversible
It's funny how nearly all mafias i play in turn into a tutorial.. eh :x

Well, all the things I say tend to be wrong, said by him, he's not bothered by his activity as well. He seems desinteressed by our votes against him, because most of the votes are currently on me, so he hasn't to be scared of anything.. if he can prove that he's not scum, well then let's see further tomorrow, i'm going to sleep now.
Irreversible
ehh. with our votes i mean my vote * (second sentence)
Sakura

Irreversible wrote:

It's funny how nearly all mafias i play in turn into a tutorial.. eh :x
It's a newbie game, deal with it :P
Irreversible
must be annoying to read my silly stuff, well. xD
Royston
To explain my thought process, I just finished reading Caligno's post saying he unvoted kook because he was afraid he was at L-1 and then I saw Irreversible ask why he unvoted kook. Well... I felt like I had to say something. :P
Sakura

Unvote
Vote: Royston
Topic Starter
Lilac
I'll do a votecount when I get home. There WILL be more Ratboy Genius, Mod gonna deliver to ya.

Sephibro has asked to replace kook but Quotes was kinda first on the mark so I'll ask him first. For now, keep playing.
Royston

Royston wrote:

Sakura wrote:

Hint: he's not town.
How confident are you in that?
Sakura

Royston wrote:

How confident are you in that?
[/quote]

83%
Royston
trust your 17%
Sakura
now it's 90%
Topic Starter
Lilac

Votecount 1.2:

Did I mention that if majority isn't reached, no lynch will happen? Well, I'm telling you that now. Also, I'm extending the deadline until kook gets a replacement. Thanks.

Royston (3) - kook, Royston, Sakura
Irreversible (2) - rEdo, Caligno
Sakura (1) - SenaSaki
kookookook (1) - Dake
CalignoBot (1) - Irreversible

Tell me if I got that wrong.
Royston
I believe Irreversible has a vote on Caligno, not me.

Also kook is still voting for me I think
Topic Starter
Lilac
Quotes has been PM'd to try and replace...kook. Otherwise Sephi is taking it.

Also, Royston. Stop asking for more votes on yourself, that really shits me.
Royston
unvote
Irreversible
still don't get why you unvoted so late..
Sakura

Irreversible wrote:

still don't get why you unvoted so late..
Caught appeasing scum is caught.
Amianki
Unvote: Irreversible
Vote: Royston

Yeah, these last few posts of his have a really slimy feel to them.
Jinxy

rEdo wrote:

DakeDekaane wrote:

Hehe, matches so nicely with my thoughts.
so at first you were like against anything that Sakura said, started to shift between your statements, and now that she's claimed that she started to think ­that you're town, you've started to sheep to the wagons that she starts push? tsk, tsk. something doesn't seem right.

Unvote
Vote: Irreversible
I just noticed this, page 13. rEdo's talking about Dake, but then turns around and votes Irre? Like, no one has talked about this as far as I know?

Honestly, I'm still not sure about the whole Royston thing. Some of his stuff are pinging a little, but I don't agree with you guys on a few of the other stuff.

Royston wrote:

Um, I'm pretty sure he unvoted to avoid having kook at L-1. He said that in his post...
Honestly, this doesn't really ping at me, he's just helping to clarify for someone else. I can't really read an ulterior motive from this.

The self-vote is a can of worms I don't know how to deal with nor do I really want to. His self-vote was unprovoked, but then his explanation, while logical, does completely skip around his "pressure" line before the self-vote. I really don't know what to think of this.

Royston wrote:

To explain my thought process, I just finished reading Caligno's post saying he unvoted kook because he was afraid he was at L-1 and then I saw Irreversible ask why he unvoted kook. Well... I felt like I had to say something. :P
Yeah, as I've said, seems to be clarification imo. However, "I felt like I had to say something" seems a little oddly phrased, like "posting for the sake of posting" kind of way, which makes me slightly uncomfortable.
DakeDekaane
Maybe I should change my avatar a bit, but it's clear rEdo is talking about Irre there, as I haven't sheeped Sakura in any moment.

The deadline is near I think, so I'll unvote until the vote count as it seems you're focusing on Royston instead kook.

Prod dodge, whee.
rEdo

Jinxy wrote:

I just noticed this, page 13. rEdo's talking about Dake, but then turns around and votes Irre? Like, no one has talked about this as far as I know?
ahaha, these goddamn avatars, I was sure it's Irreversible's post, thus started talking to him immediately XD

elaborating: he's been picked on by Sakura until the end of page 11, where Royston voted himself, and that's where he started to be suspicious as hell in my eyes (p/2559420 pinged me like real hard, looks as if he was really relieved that he's clean from suspicion and immediately started sheeping to Sakura for a town-like read). apart from defending himself so boldly from a mere one vote, he also (after being asked for his reads) started to point his finger rather blatantly at Royston with a reason being him self-voting and defending Caligno for no particular reason. what worries me, though, Royston himself hasn't even responded to all of this, or rather, he responded with a mere "I felt like I had to say something".

Unvote

gotta rethink about stuff for now. good job Irreversible, you're getting town points :­)
I'd like to read something more relevant from Royston now.
Topic Starter
Lilac
Quotes replaces kook, effective immediately.

Deadline has been extended to end 2 or 3 days from now.
Irreversible
Caligno, is it true that you just vote that you voted? It seems like this, because lately you just post your vote, and 1-2 sentences, that's it.
Amianki
Yeah I tend to do that.
Sakura
Welcome Quotes, please catch up and give us your thoughts and reads please.

I'd also like your thoughts on your predecessor.
Amianki
How is his thoughts on his predecessor useful?
show more