forum

[Archived] Cannot log in on osu trough a laptop/mp3 problems

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kimmie
Basically i cant log on. it just says "logging in" 24/7 and YES my net is working fine. and also when im trying to map a new song i have to open it manually by choosing standard program from my documents? i cant even drag an mp3 to the box.
Kemdo
Hmm This has happened to me a couple of times.
What you could try is when you log in try to stop logging in and with osu still on try to re-log... That worked for me whilst I was having those problems.
Another solution is that your firewall/anti-virus are blocking connection to bancho you may want to check that out aswell.

Hope I have been of some use ^^

As for the mp3 problems I have no clue - It never worked for me and I don't really need it to work so I have no idea how you could fix that ; __ ;
phoenny
Same problem here.. cant login for shit...

- tried reinstalling 5 times.. firewall is off and antivir is off as well :/
Kemdo

phoenny wrote:

Same problem here.. cant login for shit...

- tried reinstalling 5 times.. firewall is off and antivir is off as well :/
Have you tried to log into the game manually through the options or are you simply just re-launching osu?
Topic Starter
Kimmie

Kemdo wrote:

Hmm This has happened to me a couple of times.
What you could try is when you log in try to stop logging in and with osu still on try to re-log... That worked for me whilst I was having those problems.
Another solution is that your firewall/anti-virus are blocking connection to bancho you may want to check that out aswell.

Hope I have been of some use ^^

As for the mp3 problems I have no clue - It never worked for me and I don't really need it to work so I have no idea how you could fix that ; __ ;
I'll take a look at the virewall. ive never had problems with logging on osu on this laptop, but i deleted osu for some reason and reinstalled it yesterday and tadaaa.. unable to log on. im currently mapping offline. i will edit this post as soon as i check on the firewall. thank you for helping :D

edit: nope. i tried letting osu through the firewall but it still doesnt work. at least im not alone with this, because apparently phoenny has the same problem. usually it would log in after like 30 minutes because of slow net but this time i wait like 2 hours and it STILL hasnt logged on.
phoenny
yep. I did it still says logging in for ages :/

idk what to do this is totally stupid yesterday it worked.. multiplayer was laggy like shit but it worked, everything else works without problems.
Kemdo
Hmm I have never really had many issues with logging into osu! and I have no more ideas on what could be happening. Once I do get an idea I will try to inform you ASAP... ^^
Topic Starter
Kimmie

Kemdo wrote:

Hmm I have never really had many issues with logging into osu! and I have no more ideas on what could be happening. Once I do get an idea I will try to inform you ASAP... ^^
Thank you :)
Kemdo
Hmm is this an issue only appearing on your laptop?
If it isn't then it is most likely an issue with your PC/router/ISP.
Or your Ip may be blocked because of incorrect password entry attempts.
You may want to check if you are typing everything in correctly aswell.
Topic Starter
Kimmie

Kemdo wrote:

Hmm is this an issue only appearing on your laptop?
If it isn't then it is most likely an issue with your PC/router/ISP.
Or your Ip may be blocked because of incorrect password entry attempts.
You may want to check if you are typing everything in correctly aswell.
Laptop issue. im on desktop atm and its working fine. the logic.
Kemdo

Kimmie wrote:

Hmmm... No clue then xD
Topic Starter
Kimmie

Kemdo wrote:

Kimmie wrote:

Hmmm... No clue then xD
haha thanks for trying xD
Kemdo
Hmm A quick suggestion - You may want to try to reinstall windows on the laptop - Not 100% sure if this will help but it may be something wrong within the system.
Topic Starter
Kimmie

Kemdo wrote:

Hmm A quick suggestion - You may want to try to reinstall windows on the laptop - Not 100% sure if this will help but it may be something wrong within the system.
totally not worth it just for a game honestly but thanks for the suggestion