forum

Nintendo announces 2DS

posted
Total Posts
show more
Navizel
Topic Starter
Ekaru
The video I linked in the OP has over 3.7 million views...
Mianki
With comments and Likes/Dislikes disabled.
Neil Watts

*run away*
mathexpert

Mianki wrote:

With comments and Likes/Dislikes disabled.
Actually, when I saw it a few days ago it wasn't disabled. Guess it was getting a lot of negative feedback?
Kemdo
Don't really like the idea of the 2ds... Seems like a real waste of money... Would rather get a 3ds ;L

Irreversible
The 3d effect can be cool, but I'm not a real fan of it e.e they should have produced a 2DS earlier, since I barely use the 3d effect :/ maybe would've bought it then.
Valundraal
Great alternative to the 3DS if you don't have the money, don't like the 3D effects, and is more durable for children. I think it's getting some undeserved hate.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
It had 20k dislikes 10k likes.

The vid had over 2mil views at that point.

It's not noteworthy. Historically, this sort of thing has meant nothing in terms of sales.. It's views that matter more with things by big companies.
primrose
I don't get it
Why people make this
mathexpert

Ekaru wrote:

It's not noteworthy. Historically, this sort of thing has meant nothing in terms of sales.. It's views that matter more with things by big companies.
I'm convinced that xbox one sales will take a hit after all the overwhelmingly negative feedback, and would have taken even more damage if they never reversed the policies.

In this example though, the viewers (mostly hardcore gamers "in the know", I would guess if they saw the video in only a few days after it was put up) are probably not the target audience, so it means very little in terms of the sales of the produce.
FrzR
Some people say that its for children in which their eyes don't support 3D. lol

But others also say, that its a good door stopper.

I'm not sure if it works the same as the 3ds, or better. :I
quiz-chan_DELETED
wasting money on such an invention is nonsensical
Azure_Kite
Not for people that already have a 3DS, no.
Soaprman
3DS: 3 dimensions, $170, $56.67/dimension
2DS: 2 dimensions, $130, $65/dimension

I think the numbers speak for themselves.
quiz-chan_DELETED

Soaprman wrote:

this
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Soaprman wrote:

The more expensive the product is the higher quality it is. Therefore, since the 2DS costs more per a dimension it is the superior product, but XL still win the price/dimension war by like $1.

I am using the logic Beats by Dre users use and those are well known to be worth the money so there is nothing wrong with this logic. :)
Young Link 4
I can understand why Nintendo made this. But it's still a whole disappointment. They didn't even really raised the battery life. And it may be pretty cormfy, but I still don't think it's that good to actully play. I liked the Start and Selext buttons of the 3DS.
Destiny
I see it as a cheaper alternative for parents to buy their younger children, since the clam shell design is fragile in the hands of a kid. What kid needs 3D anyway?
mm201
I rather hate the 3DS's Start/Select design. They're really hard to push. DSPhat had the best Start/Select.
rust45
http://nintendo1ds.com/ Not sure if this is fake or not, but I'm posting it anyway.

EDIT: It's fake, but it's still rather funny.
Justykanna

Valundraal wrote:

Great alternative to the 3DS if you don't have the money, don't like the 3D effects, and is more durable for children. I think it's getting some undeserved hate.
Agreed.
I've said, openly, that it's a good idea and most of the time I get 'Seriously...?' or something like that.
Not a single person outside this forum, that I know of, think it's a good idea.
Maybe I'm just too optimistic.

Destiny wrote:

I see it as a cheaper alternative for parents to buy their younger children, since the clam shell design is fragile in the hands of a kid. What kid needs 3D anyway?
Yeah, I think I mentioned to someone a while ago that it looks more durable (not even the best word... just it's not really two pieces).
It's great for the younger audience. Heck, I'm 23 and I don't care for the 3D either.

mm201 wrote:

I rather hate the 3DS's Start/Select design. They're really hard to push. DSPhat had the best Start/Select.
I'm not a fan of the Start/Select either. Home button belongs there, other two don't... really.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Justykanna wrote:

Not a single person outside this forum, that I know of, think it's a good idea.
Man, so many people are going to eat so much crow in a few months...

Whether they like it or not, this thing is probably going to sell pretty well.
Justykanna

Ekaru wrote:

Whether they like it or not, this thing is probably going to sell pretty well.
Yup, agreed.
Trash Boat
me too