forum

Moving up to insane songs! How to deal with losing accuracy?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Trackball
So, I've been trying to get into playing insane songs yet I have a horrible habit of quitting whenever I have an accuracy lower than 95%
Help.

What are good ways to deal with this?
Aqo
stop being a pussy

also don't assume your accuracy was good if you had above 95% on lowdiffs. Your accuracy doesn't become worse when you move into insanes, it just wan't good to begin with, and now you just get penalized for it whereas before you weren't since lowdiffs have very low OD settings making it easy to get 300s despite being inaccurate.

the bottom line is, just accept that there is always room for improvement, and start caring more about improving instead of farming results on low difficulty settings.
Zalaria
Like Aqo said, your accuracy will improve with time. On average I would prolly get around 89-94% on some insanes (even somehow got a few 100%) but yeah, give it some time. Practice will make improvement ^^
tuurts
Practice
Tanzuku

Aqo wrote:

stop being a pussy.
Moway
If you use a mouse, disable mouse wheel. Rebind pause to a really inconvenient key on your keyboard. Maybe that would help a bit.
Hello Skitty
Play insanes without quitting until you build good accuracy
buny
get into the habit of not submitting scores (quitting at the end of song)
Dexus
Play slower Insanes and focus on getting high accuracy and then work your way up. 140 BPM seems like a bearable place to start. Sort your list by BPM then search for "BPM<=160 BPM>=140 OD>=7" and try to play those maps and get as high accuracy as you can. Later then increase the BPM range. Be sure to play faster songs consistently as well so you don't nerf your speed.

Also, try enabling the color bar as well and have it set to the hit error rate to tell if you're hitting too late or early.
Wishy
You should quit if your accuracy is very high since clearly the map you are playing is not challenging at all.
GoldenWolf
Should mugio quit?
Wishy
You won't improve by retrying until you get SS.
Full Tablet

Wishy wrote:

You won't improve by retrying until you get SS.
Why not?
Aqo
It would be more correct to say that you wouldn't improve at a rate as fast as what other alternatives can provide. You improve as fast as you challenge yourself, and if you play stuff that's easy for you you don't get much better from it. mugio does SS ranks because he can, and he doesn't farm nomod for the SS, he practices with HRHD and then doing the SS nomod is trivial for him.
Dexus
Look, for new people this method would work better than throwing into retarded crap with mods. Think about what you're suggesting to people and stop getting so airheaded about things. New people will have an easier time understanding how slow insanes work more than high BPM ones, it'd seem overwhelming. I didn't say sit and farm SS. I said get high accuracy and then MOVE UP TO FASTER STUFF. I even said to play faster stuff consistently so you don't play poorly. If this doesn't work then go say thelewa that he's trash and he shouldn't be playing anymore.

Eventually, yeah it does get to a point to where you do use mods, but if you actually read what Beathoven said; They're TRYING to get into insanes meaning that they're nowhere near that caliber playing yet.

READ PEOPLE, READ, READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ READ

Edit:

looking back on what Aqo said, yeah pushing yourself is key in this game. I would debate though how you go about it. Now your definition is most likely using fast maps and going as fast as you can. Yeah this makes you faster but you can develop bad habits that actually inhibit you from playing properly, hence why I always suggest people play slower stuff to re-enforce how the basics work. There's a certain area where you're able to get consistent 99%; if you can raise this rather high it makes for a truly skilled player. Just playing as fast as you can will get you good at mashing and you'll mess up really simple things. You can push yourself by playing things slightly out of that consistent 99% range and enforce that you get 99%. Pushing yourself as fast as you can go you wont develop that muscle memory and you'll reach a limit that you wont be able to overcome.

Honestly how many musicians have you seen just jump straight into songs as fast as they can go? They don't; they practice and gradually improve their speeds.
Hello Skitty

Dexus wrote:

Now your definition is most likely using fast maps and going as fast as you can. Yeah this makes you faster but you can develop bad habits that actually inhibit you from playing properly, hence why I always suggest people play slower stuff to re-enforce how the basics work. There's a certain area where you're able to get consistent 99%; if you can raise this rather high it makes for a truly skilled player. Just playing as fast as you can will get you good at mashing and you'll mess up really simple things.
mah nigga
Wishy
This game is about aim and speed tho and if you can accurately play at 250 BPM then you won't have much trouble at less.
enik
lewa
buny

Aqo wrote:

It would be more correct to say that you wouldn't improve at a rate as fast as what other alternatives can provide. You improve as fast as you challenge yourself, and if you play stuff that's easy for you you don't get much better from it. mugio does SS ranks because he can, and he doesn't farm nomod for the SS, he practices with HRHD and then doing the SS nomod is trivial for him.
what if you're trying to SS freedom dive
Aqo

buny wrote:

what if you're trying to SS freedom dive
then you already beat osu
Wishy

enik wrote:

lewa
His aim and speed are not bad, and even then he isn't really even close to those super crazy players whose aim and speed are way better than his. My point still holds, not like there are many players who are way better than him tho.
Da7shadow
:x
Kemdo
The only thing I will say is Practice - I had a hard time switching form normal/hard/insane but it eventually became pretty easy and with a little time you could get your skill quite high ^^
Weed
Play with mods on beatmaps you can pass.
Topic Starter
Trackball

Wishy wrote:

His aim and speed are not bad, and even then he isn't really even close to those super crazy players whose aim and speed are way better than his. My point still holds, not like there are many players who are way better than him tho.
LTTP

Dexus wrote:

Play slower Insanes and focus on getting high accuracy and then work your way up. 140 BPM seems like a bearable place to start. Sort your list by BPM then search for "BPM<=160 BPM>=140 OD>=7" and try to play those maps and get as high accuracy as you can. Later then increase the BPM range. Be sure to play faster songs consistently as well so you don't nerf your speed.

Also, try enabling the color bar as well and have it set to the hit error rate to tell if you're hitting too late or early.
DEXUS!!
He knows his stuff!

Also I wouldn't worry about accuracy till you can actually beat the insane songs with out having to re-try over and over.
Topic Starter
Trackball
Oh I can beat the insane songs, I'm just having issues with my scores submitting at the moment and I don't seem to be getting a working sollution for it.
MarioBound
Master hard before moving on.
Don't quickly jump to insane because you can "play" it.
Try playing with mods or aim for SS
Please
i was only playing normals all these while, and i thought, i think normal is too easy. BAM im S/A/B-ing insanes now. i don't know why, but i think it's because i'm always tapping my left index and middle finger on my right palm hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Stefan

buny wrote:

get into the habit of not submitting scores (quitting at the end of song)
lol stahp
Starry-
I personally tried harder songs and accuracy came along after I guess. Keep practicing them until you're somewhat comfortable.
Bunny Cinnamon
Deactivate your Internet, you can't upload scores if you don't have connection. Am I right? :3
Vuelo Eluko
you should take your own advice
ZenithPhantasm
Play offline like me ;)
Dozy Van
Play harder accuracy songs and it will just naturally get better.
Illkryn
the age old strategy of 'get good'
AdamMZ
"Get good" 0/10 -Kratos
UberHaxorNova refrence
show more