forum

Bandicam Settings Help Requested.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kivreal
I recently got a... well fairly high end computer, in order to start recording some videos to put on to youtube, have some fun with that, see where it goes, kind of thing.
I did a bit of research, and it looked like price wise and quality wise Bandicam seemed like a really good deal, so I purchased it, however, for some reason I just can't seem to record osu!, whether live or a replay, without any lag.

This is the first video I made, while playing around with the settings a bit, and yes, I know I recorded a Facebook noise at 1:30, it wasn't about the audio because the audio seems to be perfect and perfectly synced, it was merely a Video trial run.

I have a second video that I recorded, that's being uploaded right now, but it's taking.... well 15 hours for it to upload, so I'll post it when it's done.
I figured I'd ask people on here if they had any tips / tricks for how to run Bandicam or osu! the best way for recording.

Sorry for the noobish question, but I could use some help :roll:

Thanks in advance, everyone!
Zaphirox

Phraetna wrote:

I recently got a... well fairly high end computer, in order to start recording some videos to put on to youtube, have some fun with that, see where it goes, kind of thing.
I did a bit of research, and it looked like price wise and quality wise Bandicam seemed like a really good deal, so I purchased it, however, for some reason I just can't seem to record osu!, whether live or a replay, without any lag.

This is the first video I made, while playing around with the settings a bit, and yes, I know I recorded a Facebook noise at 1:30, it wasn't about the audio because the audio seems to be perfect and perfectly synced, it was merely a Video trial run.

I have a second video that I recorded, that's being uploaded right now, but it's taking.... well 15 hours for it to upload, so I'll post it when it's done.
I figured I'd ask people on here if they had any tips / tricks for how to run Bandicam or osu! the best way for recording.

Sorry for the noobish question, but I could use some help :roll:

Thanks in advance, everyone!
Ok so lets say here that you can actually use a fair 60 fps settings on bandicam, you're doing great but if file size really is your problem
you're gonna need this so called "Handbrake" software

For me I have been using bandicam with Osu using windowed mode and using region recording on half size and 60 fps, quality on 100 and using handbrake to lower file size
I actually switched to Mirills since it uses less CPU stuffs anyway
Topic Starter
Kivreal
Well, I have 16 GB of RAM and a 3.8Ghz Cpu... or whatever it's called, I really need to learn more about my actual specs... either way, my computer can handle recording at 60 fps, it might be the aspect ratio though.

Right now I've been recording at 1920 x 1080 at 20'000 kbs with the MPEG-1 codec, but I read that Motion JPEG's are easier to be read with Sony Vegas, so I used that on my second video (Which ended being 38 GB and is STILL uploading...)
Which I guess is my second issue.
The video size after rendering in 1080p HD with Sony vegas ends up being... humongous...
Also, I'm not quite sure what you mean by Handbrake.
Is that a Bandicam native program or something I need to download separately?
Full Tablet

Phraetna wrote:

Well, I have 16 GB of RAM and a 3.8Ghz Cpu... or whatever it's called, I really need to learn more about my actual specs... either way, my computer can handle recording at 60 fps, it might be the aspect ratio though.

Right now I've been recording at 1920 x 1080 at 20'000 kbs with the MPEG-1 codec, but I read that Motion JPEG's are easier to be read with Sony Vegas, so I used that on my second video (Which ended being 38 GB and is STILL uploading...)
Which I guess is my second issue.
The video size after rendering in 1080p HD with Sony vegas ends up being... humongous...
Also, I'm not quite sure what you mean by Handbrake.
Is that a Bandicam native program or something I need to download separately?
After capturing the video, encode it with h.264 codec (usually with .mp4 container) for uploading it to Youtube. 10Mbps and 30fps is enough for uploading a 1080p video (also note that recording 60fps is pointless if the video is for uploading, since Youtube reduces it automatically to 30fps. The only use of higher fps recording is if you are going to use a motion blur effect or frame bending on the video, and that looks ugly in osu! recordings IMO). As for the recording codec used, use a lossless codec that is both supported by Bandicam and Sony Vegas (RGB24 for example, note that files with this format can take huge amounts of space, about 26GB for a 5 minute 1080p 30fps video. Lagarith codec with RGB colorspace also works and has smaller file sizes, but uses considerably more CPU) (Note that YV12 is also classified as "lossless", but it changes the color space, affecting how colors look (tones of green are the most affected)).

Another option is encoding to H.264 (you can do it using x264 with Bandicam) directly from the recording software, but real time H.264 coding is very costly (CPU wise), most implementations of H.264 encoding cut corners to improve speed (for example not using CABAC), ending up reducing video quality a bit. This option is not recommended if you are going to edit the video in Sony Vegas.

For using Lagarith or x264, you need to download them separately (they are free), and select "External Codec" in Bandicam.
Topic Starter
Kivreal
That all seems... rather confusing to someone like me who knows very little about it all, but I can somewhat make sense out of it, and I'll check out all of your suggestions, see if I can figure it out.
Either way, thank you so much for all the suggestions, much appreciated! :)

** Edit **

After looking it over a bit, RGB24 seems to work quite well, and it consumes room like no tomorrow as predicted (about 300mb/sec) which... I'm not really okay with. That and it seems to skip frames every now and then due to the extreme CPU usage... or maybe something else I wouldn't know :roll:
Either way, combining what both of you guys told me, Recording on 30 fps half size 100q Motion JPEG actually seems to make it lag free and beautiful, yet I think the problem mostly was that Bandicam was capping out the playback FPS of osu! at 60, regardless of any and everything, which, while recording, made it look all laggy.
If I take off the cap, the playback goes up to about 1100 fps, even though it still records at 30 fps, and it makes it all look awesome, I think, haven't run it through and rendered it yet, but I'll upload a third video here when I get around to doing so, to show the final product~

Thank you all SO much for the help, This really is a great community, and I'm impressed by all the knowledge~
I might not be done yet, but it seems all fixed and awesome.
The only thing I need to figure out now is how to get it to be 1080p gorgeous video and not take 15 hours to upload a 7 minute video to youtube... ehehehe :roll:
Full Tablet

Phraetna wrote:

After looking it over a bit, RGB24 seems to work quite well, and it consumes room like no tomorrow as predicted (about 300mb/sec) which... I'm not really okay with. That and it seems to skip frames every now and then due to the extreme CPU usage... or maybe something else I wouldn't know :roll:
It is probably your HDD capping you (it might not be fast enough to write all that data in real-time), since RGB24 should barely load the CPU, you can try using Lagarith (which uses considerably more CPU, but your HDD wouldn't need to write that much amount of data). If you aren't that worried about video quality then Motion JPEG is ok (the main problem with it is that colors are a bit distorted).

Phraetna wrote:

The only thing I need to figure out now is how to get it to be 1080p gorgeous video and not take 15 hours to upload a 7 minute video to youtube... ehehehe :roll:
If you encode the video with H.264 codec, it will be much smaller. Here is a tutorial viewtopic.php?p=252802#p252802 (use the .avi file that bandicam produces instead of the fraps one, also use 1080p settings if your video is 1080p, etc...). If you want to edit the video you can also export a video with h.264 codec (also called AVC codec) with Sony Vegas.
Topic Starter
Kivreal
I did notice the colors are a bit distorted in M-jpeg, which is fine for now, but I'll try that.
Does that mean I should edit it to my liking and then render it in AVC 1080p, or... You know what, lemme check out that tut first xD
Topic Starter
Kivreal

Second video, different renddering style, same recording style.
once I figure out the best way to record (which I still have to try that Lagarith thing for) I'll record a third and post it as well, see if it's better.
potang-ina
can u teach how to record osu in bandicam i dont know how cause when i start recording it says YOU CANT START RECORDING BECAUSE THE RECORDING MODE IS NOT SELECTED HOW TO FIX THIS ?
Nitrous

potang-ina wrote:

can u teach how to record osu in bandicam i dont know how cause when i start recording it says YOU CANT START RECORDING BECAUSE THE RECORDING MODE IS NOT SELECTED HOW TO FIX THIS ?
Can you please not necro-post? also don't rage with your all caps. Lastly your name is kinda inappropriate as is close to swearing in Filipino.