forum

Color coded "layers" in mania editor.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +755
show more
Topic Starter
Bobbias
Holy crap PyaKura, thanks for bumping this so often. I really hope one day this gets implemented. It would be so useful.
Harbyter

Loctav wrote:

Maybe using and adjusting the new combo feature and make it a "new layer" feature using different combo colors can do it.
I don't know how much adjustments this requires.

Anyways, supporting.

PyaKura wrote:

If ET maps were to be allowed for ranking, this would be even more incredibly helpful.
The ranking process would also be much smoother and it would make everyone's work easier.
++++++++100
PyaKura
@Bobbias : this is one if not the only feature I really want to see implemented in osu! right now.

If it were to be a thing I'd be glad to help out with modding and such, and I am sure many more would be willing to contribute to the ranking process. At least, I know I would and I'd abuse it all day long in the editor. Figuring out what was the mapper thinking when he made a map can be really tricky at times and it would help with common "unrankability issues" (OVERMAPPING/GHOST NOTES ANYONE ?).

Now that I think about it, since we have 9K rankable now, there is no no doubt we will see really hard maps getting into the ranking process in the future, and I think that modding/pattern recognition might get even more messier with that amount of columns and the possible insane amount of notes on screen. Though this is unlikely to happen soon, and it's a minor point considering every pros to this feature that have been mentionned until now, it's still worth considering. Actually, I don't even see it having any cons at all.

Also wow Harby, dem stars lmao.
Bursst
I mean I don't beat map but this does look handy
abraker
YES make this a thing!!!
PyaKura
Oinari-sama
That illust looks great :D

It'll be good to have a Comment layer too.
PyaKura
Aye that's actually a better idea than using the overlayed text the hitsounds are currently using.
Evening
tasty
Todestrieb
Mania seriously need this option
PyaKura
I was planning to bump soon but you did it for me alright
Topic Starter
Bobbias
I was also planning on bumping soon. I wish I could have convinced woc to add this in before he left :/
Rilene
I hope this really gets added.
Going to support with my non-existent star.

Because... Mapping a chord, stream maps without placing a ghost note is hard. :(

Imperishable Night 2006's 7K Lunatic is a good example of having this... I mean, it is almost impossible to guess which note is representing the sounds (hihat, kick, synth, vocal "r" and "l" at the same time), especially on the peak section where note density gets exceedingly high.
PyaKura
le bump

v ok sorry good sir drum drum
drum drum

PyaKura wrote:

le bump
Please read the Guidelines for bumping a feature requests before bumping again
__Hatsune_Miku
fantastic
abraker
Do you guys think such color indicators can exist in gameplay as well? Much like a skin feature?
PyaKura
@Abraker : I don't think this is a good idea, mainly because part of the game is figuring out how to play the patterns as well as separating them when they are layered (well basically reading skills). This is minor but I always have a sense of satisfaction when I successfully guess how the mapper mapped their map and why they did so. i.e.: chaotic/uncomfy mapping for an hectic song, great pattern flow for a melodic song, etc...)
PyaKura
Considering these sneakpeeks, we might just see something like this after osu!next is live. My guess is the devs will probably not do anything major related to the editor until osu!next. Idk it certainly does not prove anything but that has raised my hopes again lol.
Karukami
This is such an awesome idea :)
I would give you stars but I ran out ;w;
Redon
Rilene
I like this but I want this to be in actual gameplay too.