forum

Things that you collect.

posted
Total Posts
show more
mathexpert

Kanye West wrote:

first, shut up (most important step). second, OBSERVE the standard. third, UNDERSTAND the standard. fourth, FOLLOW the same standard.

only then are you allowed to post.
fuck the "standard" (as if such a thing really existed in the first place, this place is inconsistent as fuck), this place would be boring if everybody followed the same standard
this isn't wall street bro, it's a internet forum for circle clicker addicts

@OP, do your own thing, and don't be obsessed with what the "standard" is; eventually you'll get the hang of it. Be observant but do not let the majority dictate what to do(this applies in almost every facet of life)

oldfags, don't act like pretentious fucks and take the internet so seriously.

Kanye West wrote:

while this type of thread has a time and place, it is clearly not here, as you would surely know if you had any observation skills whatsoever.
...meanwhile, a multitude of "serous" threads already exist;
t/104916&start=0
t/149644&start=75
t/146661&start=0

I sense bias; this thread is perfectly legitimate both as a serious thread or a bullshit thread leading to funny shit
MegaRevolution1
I mostly collect just Sonic the Hedgehog stuff, but I also like to pick up small things for various other game franchises. Specifically being, at the moment, Metal Gear Solid, Devil May Cry, and Borderlands. However, I don't have enough money to invest into very large collections for all four, so like I said, I mainly stick to Sonic. Anything else would just be collector's editions for games and trying to purchase all original copies of the older games for those that apply (Here being MGS and DMC).
Kanye West

mathexpert wrote:

Kanye West wrote:

first, shut up (most important step). second, OBSERVE the standard. third, UNDERSTAND the standard. fourth, FOLLOW the same standard.

only then are you allowed to post.
fuck the "standard" (as if such a thing really existed in the first place, this place is inconsistent as fuck), this place would be boring if everybody followed the same standard
@OP, do your own thing, and don't be obsessed with what the "standard" is; eventually you'll get the hang of it. Be observant but do not let the majority tell you what to do(this applies in almost every facet of life)

oldfags, don't act like pretentious fucks and take the internet so seriously.

Kanye West wrote:

while this type of thread has a time and place, it is clearly not here, as you would surely know if you had any observation skills whatsoever.
...meanwhile, a multitude of "serous" threads already exist;
t/104916&start=0
t/149644&start=75
t/146661&start=0

I sense bias; this thread is perfectly legitimate both as a serious thread or a bullshit thread leading to funny shit
the standard is very broad. the best way to put it, would be as ephemeral put it. "It's okay to be stupid, or sometimes even stupid. But don't be stupid. My point being, if your posts do not cater to a target audience, then either make a different post or find a different audience. Sorry but that's how the world works.

As for the second point, I half-agree. It's a good topic for discussion and should be moved to GD. It's gone for 3 pages and half the posts are unfunny shit and the other half are serious posts.

What do we do in this case? Clean up the thread and move it to GD. There, problem solved GG wasn't hard was it?
mathexpert

Kanye West wrote:

[...]do not cater to a target audience, then either make a different post or find a different audience. Sorry but that's how the world works.
lol this isn't marketing 101 dude
your take on "how the world works" is very different from mine.

Kanye West wrote:

It's a good topic for discussion and should be moved to GD. It's gone for 3 pages and half the posts are unfunny shit and the other half are serious posts.
first of all, it's been 2 pgs.... but regardless most threads in offtopic are half unfunny and half serious anyways. It's a good idea to move this to GD though.

I'm only slightly pissed because this thread had potential, not to mention I wanted to show off my high-quality resin cast PVC figurine animation figurines –
CALM DOWN LADIES, I know they're a real chick magnet and can't get the girls off me but I'm already taken
Topic Starter
EZ2ACTux
Taken by who?
mathexpert
Ui, also 3dpd
Topic Starter
EZ2ACTux
Oh yeah. Your waifu who you had physical relations with one too many times. I forgot about her
DaddyCoolVipper
This thread caters to people who collect things, stop spamming it with your meta bullshite about which threads do or don't belong in OT. It would be successful if everyone just stayed on-topic instead of whining that it isn't good enough for them, even though they didn't give it a chance in the first place.

tl;dr you are the problem
Topic Starter
EZ2ACTux

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

This thread caters to people who collect things, stop spamming it with your meta bullshite about which threads do or don't belong in OT. It would be successful if everyone just stayed on-topic instead of whining that it isn't good enough for them, even though they didn't give it a chance in the first place.

derp. Can't delete post
Kanye West

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

I wasn't whining, I was making a reasoned argument as to why this thread belongs in GD.
MegaRevolution1

Tuxdude143 wrote:

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

do everyone a favor and shut the fuck up.
Want an extra shovel for that grave you're digging?
mathexpert
I'm going to save the figures for later (I have one coming on the way right now), but I also collect artwork and posters~ (right now mostly of the anime variety, but I hope to collect other types of art as well in the future)
I only display a few at a time, hence why most of them are just on the floor.
Kyonko Hizara
Anime figures, pony stuff, con passes
Mara
Frags.
Liiraye

Mara wrote:

F(r)ags.
Kankerhomo
laport
skill points, guns, masks
Zeraph

Liiraye wrote:

Mara wrote:

F(r)ags.
Kankerhomo

+1111111111111111
laport

Zeraphlol wrote:

Liiraye wrote:

Kankerhomo

+1111111111111111

i don't agree that mara is a cancergay like you guys say
Zeraph
i think he has potential.
laport
potential of becoming an osu rhythm champion yea
Liiraye
I was inspired by new kids on the block. Don't blame my poor soul of what your country taints it with :'(
Apex_old
I collect books, only classics. The total weight of the classics I have is approximately 75 kg. Which basically equals 100-200 books.
thelierhere
Prepaid Cards, now I have a whole deck of them.
MegaRevolution1

Bought it yesterday, starting my Borderlands collection~ :3

Also, I'd take pics of my Sonic collection, but the majority of it is packed away (cause I'm moving on like, Saturday).
mathexpert

Apex wrote:

I collect books, only classics. The total weight of the classics I have is approximately 75 kg. Which basically equals 100-200 books.
I'm curious, what do you mean by only classics? Like, nothing contemporary?
Audiodelus
My used train tickets. I want to fill up the cupboard with them. Maybe the whole house by the time i'm being eaten alive by my cats.
Ephemeral
i collect shit threads in the wharf of dreams
Cyclohexane
When I was a small kid I had a passion for toy cars. I still have them in my room, there is a crapton of them. All are 1/64th replicas and some of them have not aged well at all (RIP Dodge Viper)
Wojjan
I collect the little things. A packet of sugar that came with the tea i had when i went to have a drink for the first time with my very best friend. the party hat my classmates got me on my birthday. a train ticket to Leuven for a crazy night out. a picture of a close friend who has moved to the UAE.

apart from that i also have a lot of CDs but since i'm rather selective about which albums i buy i wouldn't really call it a collection. it's 100% passion, nothing just for novelty.
Kemdo
I collect anime figures ♥ :P

*May post pictures when I have time ;3
DaddyCoolVipper

Wojjan wrote:

I collect the little things. A packet of sugar that came with the tea i had when i went to have a drink for the first time with my very best friend. the party hat my classmates got me on my birthday. a train ticket to Leuven for a crazy night out. a picture of a close friend who has moved to the UAE.

This is really nice
Kimmie
stickers o.o
Queen Chan
I used to collect rocks.
I guess I collect random japanese merch now I guess, from bento boxes to figures.
GenoClysm
Ginger ale cans on my desk.
D33d
I'm starting to collect watches. All I've done for now is acquire one that's casual, one that's semi-dressy and one that's dressy-dressy. I'll probably end up buying more when I move out and have more space for them.

I buy different straps for them, because I love to customise things and a new strap's much cheaper than a new watch. I'm sad like that. The one on the left's gonna go on a black strap and it's gonna look tiiiiiiight.
boat
these thingies from the countries I've visited

NotEvenDoomMusic

D33d wrote:

I'm starting to collect watches. All I've done for now is acquire one that's casual, one that's semi-dressy and one that's dressy-dressy. I'll probably end up buying more when I move out and have more space for them.

I buy different straps for them, because I love to customise things and a new strap's much cheaper than a new watch. I'm sad like that. The one on the left's gonna go on a black strap and it's gonna look tiiiiiiight.
D33d, i have to admit. You're making quite a name of being classy as f*ck.
This just only further proved it.

D33d for most classy dude in the entire osu!verse.

pls no fedora challengers here.
Cyclohexane
I'm on the anti-classy bandwagon and I wear a digital watch

digital is best

I'm too retarded to read hands anyway
mathexpert

Kemdo wrote:

I collect anime figures ♥ :P

*May post pictures when I have time ;3
You should post them, I would love to see them~
boat

Mr Color wrote: