Fingers ''locking'' on fast BPM?

posted
Total Posts
show more
buny

Soarezi wrote:

gl mashing at 222 for 4minutes

anyways thanks for the help, i really appreciate it
it's not 4 minutes though, more like 5 second bursts through the triple and streams

i remember my first score in chipscape i just spammed z/x and got a good combo/acc but wasn't viable to get a very good one
Almost
I find this happens if I can't read the map.
Zare
i can't stream 120 bpm, my fingers won't do what I want them to. help pls.

hello new page
Aqo
how did this thread make it to page 2 it was supposed to end on post 2
Defacer
­
Zare

Defacer wrote:

Can I use this thread for couple of questions to the ''you-are-not-able-to-play'' guys?

Rough estimate, how many players can play 250bpm stream the way you will agree it's ''proper playing, legit reading, not even sweating''.Of course you can't know every player, can you?But just a rough estimate of what you know and have seen.Also, I don't want to interfere with the knowledge/calculations but I am assuming the measures of the ''proper read/play'' for 250 bpm stream are like 100 notes ~100% or something like that, I don't know, I am just guessing, based on my observation on your posts, would appreciate if you share the correct formula.So what is the rough estimate of players who can actually hold the title of legit/proper 250 bpm streamer for instance?Or maybe even 240, something like that.Rough estimate.
3 or 4? Maybe 5.
Aqo

Defacer wrote:

How many people can play 250bpm streams?
https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=168504&m=0&nm=1

count the amount of nomod A/S ranks here. That's the people who come close to be able to do it. Except half of those are tapx so disregard those.

Note that this map is OD8 and OD8 on 250bpm has the same leniency as OD6 on 180bpm (i.e. mash randomly still get 300s) and the map is only short bursts, which does not really resemble playing 250bpm fully.

Alternatively, look at Mendes. With DT it becomes 252bpm; a person who can stream 250bpm should be able to DT FC Mendes with at least 95% accuracy given some tries to avoid random miss (the map isn't jumpy so that part really shouldn't be a problem at all).

just look at all of those DT FCs on Mendes~
GoldenWolf

Aqo wrote:

just look at all of those DT FCs on Mendes~
so I guess no one can play 250bpm then
Zeraph

Aqo wrote:

winber1
I get weird "lock-ups" so to speak on lower BPM maps as well, but only if I'm not warmed up. I find it extremely hard to press the keys down and bottom out some reason when I'm not warmed up. idk.
Topic Starter
Soarezi
lol i never said i can stream 240bpm as in forever. i said for a short amount of time (30-40 notes)
RaneFire

Almost wrote:

I find this happens if I can't read the map.

Zeraphlol wrote:

Aqo wrote:

Dexus

Aqo wrote:

To help Soarezi tagging on what Aqo says, you can not do what you think you can do.

Accuracy:

I've started using a metronome to help me learn better rhythm for my fingers. I set the metronome to 120 BPM and tap at 1/2 notes using both fingers (every tick will be on the same finger and when there is no tick you'll be using your other finger) then I set it to 60 BPM continuing the same rhythm (this plays as 1/4 notes at that speed). I've been increasing the speed bit by bit and this is proving to be pretty good. Basically doubling the BPM that I want to practice tapping at 1/2 notes and then dropping it down. I've even started to go down to doing 1/8th notes with slower metronome speeds.

http://advanced.bestmetronome.com this is what I use since it has custom speeds and you can get a visual count that goes fullscreen. I recommend just regular single metronome ticks though, using other sounds will mess with your timing.

I just have headphones in while I work and do this so it's starting to become muscle memory. It's not hard to mulit-task this, and using a metronome is the ultimate and precise way to learn rhythm as it is absolute and you can't really argue with it.

Stamina:

Grip training! http://www.artofmanliness.com/2011/11/1 ... -strength/

Just look at Jakachan, he does rock climbing and the guy is great at this game.

Speed:

It takes a gradual build up. It's the hardest thing to train, but basically push your limits while retaining accuracy. The accuracy and stamina should work and speed will kick in gradually; it just takes consistency. I don't believe in a speed cap, there are always ways to improve.

Don't forget to exercise your fingers as well as the more limber you are the better you'll be. Http://www.wikihow.com/Exercise-Your-Fingers
There is so much more to write, but all I wrote is what basically pertains to proper rhythm and such for tapping the notes.

A lot of people really don't know how to play this game and just mash, OD saves them most of the time. That or there are a lot of cheddars.

Also people may just say "oh this is just a game why would you go to such lengths?". Why? Because I'm not naturally talented and have to develop the skills through hard work. It's just like literally everything in life, you have to work for what you want. Plus I play the piano as well and this is what I do anyways.
buny
i doubt anyone just joined this game and got good in it without any sort of training
Dexus
Of course what I said doesn't apply to everyone, everything is too variable.

Only thing that people would be natural at is speed, since mostly genetics and what you do in your life affects how fast you are. I'd say stamina and accuracy are what get trained. Speed is something that's always developed last since it's the hardest.

Accuracy has a finite limit so it's the easiest thing to get good at. Stamina is moderately capable as well since most people play A LOT and it just develops. What's always the trouble is speed. If someone's fingers were easily able to do 270 BPM streams all they would have to do is train accuracy, assuming they're fast they can hold their stamina well on slower stuff.

So yeah some are just good naturally.
Purple
Doing some Gripmaster exercises solves my "locking up for a split second" during deathstreams issue. Just google it and buy it from Amazon or something, and see if it works for you.

"Fingers locking up" is something Niko talked about once in his afk.fm. I don't think its a reading issue.
Dexus
I have a gripmaster (it's honestly not enough resistance) and will say that it'd work better if you did grip-type pull ups or lifted weights using your fingers to hold them. Really do read the link I gave, it's really good as it targets those muscles more effectively than using a grip tool like a Gripmaster. That thing is a tiny portion of it.

Also limit your grip training to have 2 day breaks in-between, you can compress the nerves in your hands and it will damage you with arthritis and other complications. Avoid any and all sharp pains, if you're doing things right you should be feeling heat instead. Having any good workout you don't always have to be sore/in pain for it to show results, you'll feel it a day or two later.
Aqo

Soarezi wrote:

lol i never said i can stream 240bpm as in forever. i said for a short amount of time (30-40 notes)
here is a 30 note 240bpm stream http://puu.sh/4dFjj.osz

post results.
Pettanko
Damn and it took me almost a whole year of playing just to be able to do a 30 note 200bpm stream. At this rate it'll take me another 5 years just to be able to play the higher bpm maps.
Callum
~
Defacer
­
Aqo

Callum Melville wrote:

Decided to give this a try. Started off well because most people can mash out 240 for a few notes. http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/954802
how did you manage to get 55% o.o
with doubletap I FC this map and get 70%
Callum
~
Topic Starter
Soarezi

Aqo wrote:

Soarezi wrote:

here is a 30 note 240bpm stream http://puu.sh/4dFjj.osz

post results.
Anyways im going to sleep.
Zare
hax
Aqo
replay where
Topic Starter
Soarezi

Aqo wrote:

replay where
http://puu.sh/4e8y0.osr
i have to go now
buny

not warmed :(

also wat even numbered stream...
Animeisretarded
Ive had the same problem, the only thing that worked for me was to play streams til i was to tired that i couldn't use my fingers many times a day and that helped me to play songs with example : 1>1>1>5>1>1>5. hopefully it will work for you too :D :P
Hello Skitty
Soulg
awful speeddddddddddddddd
Purple
0.00 Unstable rate

rmanz

randomly got this after like 40 tries
The rest of my runs are D's
Topic Starter
Soarezi
wow o_o