forum

Help, I'm addicted to single tapping.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
My Angel Newnew
I've been single tapping my whole entire osu career, and when the time needs me to double tap, I end up failing it. Any ideas on how to break my habit of single tapping everything and to start double tapping?
uzzi
What do you mean by 'double-tapping'?

If you're referring to using both the z and x keys, just practice on maps that basically require you to use both of them.
JAKACHAN
I single tap everything and have no problem playing maps that require alternating. Just practice both or learn to single tap faster.
RaneFire
I think he means he's never used the other finger. Well, you just gonna have to do it.
Zare
be happystick
don't alternate.

Scarlet Rose? Kuraki? MA'JI'KI'TI'GIRL? Singletap all.

edit: Oh, you mean streams? well. click with one finger first, then with the other. Repeat the process.
Platinumsj
Try playing a few maps with triples and doubles. If you keep your middle finger curled or just gently resting, it'd be a good idea to stop that and try keeping it ready, and try to just pressing z and x(or whatever buttons you use) as fast as you can during breaks/pauses in songs. If you play CtB and also use the default Z & X keys for playing then I suggest do the same during breaks.
If you use a mouse and you find the other way a bit difficult to keep ready you could try using your first mouse button and the 2nd keyboard key, it's faster if you practice it but it also makes it harder to move your mouse and it's more difficult to get rhythm... I was trying both earlier on some streaming maps and found Z & X more more efficient. But be warned if you have a cheap mouse then it's going to wear it down extremely quickly, I have mouse issues because of osu but that makes my mouse buttons stop working for a few weeks until they magically start working(horribly) again. But I have a very cheap mouse, so I have to try clicking the right mouse button about 5 times to get it to actually click, sometime I have to slam on it.
But yeah, just try tapping Z & X. Quickly during breaks helped me with stream speed, control, timing , etc. I honestly learned to stream in no time doing that.

Hope this helped:)
Arcanine
i learned by alternating first, then single tapping was a breeze for me. in your case, just play on super streamy songs and see how far you get.
Topic Starter
My Angel Newnew
Thanks for the replies, I'll try out your ideas :O
Platinumsj
You are very much welcome:)
jesse1412
I have no idea what OP means.
Platinumsj

jesus1412 wrote:

What does that have to do with this conversation?
jesse1412

Retacu wrote:

jesus1412 wrote:

What does that have to do with this conversation?
I can't comment if I have no idea what OP means.
Wishy
Same.
Auxtrious
Try alt-tapping slow songs then you'll get the hang of it, at least to me that's how it worked :p
Hello Skitty

jesus1412 wrote:

waxman op