forum

I think my keyboard is broken :(

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
namethinger1234
In the past few weeks I've been noticing random misses while playing. This has been incredibly frustrating especially when I'm going for FCs and I miss a note for seemingly no reason. I finally got this behavior on recording today, and I just wanted your guy's opinion on whether its the kb or not before I pull the trigger on a new one. Also, if you have any kb or switch recommendations for taiko specifically I'd appreciate them. The board I'm using right now is a das keyboard III Ultimate with blue switches.

Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_STryNf5x8
THAT_otaku
Try plugging it into a different usb port on your pc and see if that makes any difference, also you could try using some different keybinds incase its just your current keys that are dropping inputs.
meemimayuri
I second what THAT_otaku said, try other keys and maybe another keyboard if you have spare one lying around.

As for switches, usually reds are recommended for gaming but it's a matter of personal taste. In my preference, blues are better for writing but worse for gaming, especially rhythm games with high diff 'cause you really gotta press fast and a lot.
Topic Starter
namethinger1234
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried just shifting rows which seemed to get rid of the issue entirely, but it felt really awkward with the slight difference in spacing. However, I remembered my roommate had a spare Corsair K70 laying around with speed switches and I've gotta say this is a huge upgrade over blues. Feeling the difference, I entirely agree with what you were saying meemimayuri; It's soooo much easier to do long streams and my accuracy has practically been upgraded.
Full Tablet
From my experience, issues like this can be solved most of the time by resoldering the faulty switches to the PCB. That would be much cheaper than buying a new keyboard.