forum

Does the osu! Community Scare you?

posted
Total Posts

From a scale of 1 to 10; how scared/afraid are you of the osu! community?

1 - Being really scared the osu! community
27.97%
2.54%
4.24%
5.08%
13.56%
3.39%
6.78%
5.93%
2.54%
10 - Being really brave about the osu! community
27.97%
Total votes: 118
show more
chox_old

bewaredrev wrote:

This community can't hurt you. Why be scared?
words can hurt, especially sensitive people
every person is capable of hurting others and some have pleasure from doing so or are doing that unconsciously while being directed by their true nature
sadly there's no selection in nowadays world and innocent people get hurt by those kinds of people.
mathexpert

chox wrote:

every person is capable of hurting others and some have pleasure from doing so or are doing that unconsciously while being directed by their true nature
sadly there's no selection in nowadays world and innocent people get hurt by those kinds of people.
Learn to have thick skin then. Being overly sensitive is not a positive trait to have.

Of course, being kind is also important. But I feel like some people nowadays are way too sheltered and sensitive to criticism.
Ideolo
This is what the osu! community does to each other:
OzzyOzrock
osu! community is scary

have you seen those lolis

horrifying
Ideolo

OzzyOzrock wrote:

osu! community is scary

have you seen those lolis

horrifying
yes
Aoko
The internet is after all a crappy place. Let's all learn to live and have fun instead of moping around. :3
XPJ38

Pandemoniusz wrote:

This is how i see osu community:
i am confused
can somebody tell me where friendok and macacito are in this pic
DaddyCoolVipper

mathexpert wrote:

chox wrote:

Learn to have thick skin then. Being overly sensitive is not a positive trait to have.

Of course, being kind is also important. But I feel like some people nowadays are way too sheltered and sensitive to criticism.

There are some people in this community who have done some very, very horrible things, and they haven't even been banned.
Saneaux
It doesn't scare me, but I'm not particularly fond of it. On almost every thread I've read there's atleast 1 person having a bitch about how unoriginal or useless the thread is. Unless there's some contructive critism in there, then no one gives a fuck ;>.>
chox_old

mathexpert wrote:

in my opinion there's no negative or positive traits one can have, there are just differences
for example lets say that someone is pessimistic, it may be beneficial that this person isn't expecting too much of themselves thus doesn't get hurt if things go in wrong direction, on the other hand it may limit someone's capability if he is too pessimistic.
i think that "traits" aren't set on stone in person, you can change things if you want to, it's just that individual develops them over time and by that defines himself as a person, which means that those "traits" are developed on their own or by their environment, it just depends on what trait you want to take a look at.
sensitive people tend to overthink some situations and possibly learn to avoid such as it hurts them, and on the other hand if something positive happens to them they overthink it too so they're happier than a "normal" person would be, there's just so many variables in such things..
so to conclude this i think that being sensitive isn't something negative, there are different views on it.
Zeraph

chox wrote:

mathexpert wrote:

in my opinion there's no negative or positive traits one can have, there are just differences
for example lets say that someone is pessimistic, it may be beneficial that this person isn't expecting too much of themselves thus doesn't get hurt if things go in wrong direction, on the other hand it may limit someone's capability if he is too pessimistic.
i think that "traits" aren't set on stone in person, you can change things if you want to, it's just that individual develops them over time and by that defines himself as a person, which means that those "traits" are developed on their own or by their environment, it just depends on what trait you want to take a look at.
sensitive people tend to overthink some situations and possibly learn to avoid such as it hurts them, and on the other hand if something positive happens to them they overthink it too so they're happier than a "normal" person would be, there's just so many variables in such things..
so to conclude this i think that being sensitive isn't something negative, there are different views on it.
But the thing is he's talking about a context over the internet where being overly sensitive to what a random stranger says to you is not a positive trait at ALL to have. ESPECIALLY over the internet where people will say anything with no remorse or regards to the person it's directed towards as it's just the internet, they'll never meet in person and the person will never feel bad over something they said in chat as they won't know how it effects the person. They probably wouldn't give a shit about what it does to the person either.

Learning to have thick skin and not being sensitive over the internet is always a good thing. It's also good for real life encounters.

Also this is really ironic cause I'm a huge asshole in #osu. 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
chox_old

Zeraphlol wrote:

But the thing is he's talking about a context over the internet where being overly sensitive to what a random stranger says to you is not a positive trait at ALL to have. ESPECIALLY over the internet where people will say anything with no remorse or regards to the person it's directed towards as it's just the internet, they'll never meet in person and the person will never feel bad over something they said in chat as they won't know how it effects the person. They probably wouldn't give a shit about what it does to the person either.

Learning to have thick skin and not being sensitive over the internet is always a good thing. It's also good for real life encounters.

Also this is really ironic cause I'm a huge asshole in #osu. 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
i guess you gotta balance things out, like with everything in life
being able to take criticism is good thing as you can be better person just by listening to what others have to say
and being overly sensitive to dumb people isn't so wise too
Zeraph
It's not about being able to take criticism as much as people will say some terrible things and if they're taken too seriously then people get hurt, when they shouldn't be because what does it matter what someone you don't even know says to you?
chox_old

Zeraphlol wrote:

It's not about being able to take criticism as much as people will say some terrible things and if they're taken too seriously then people get hurt, when they shouldn't be because what does it matter what someone you don't even know says to you?
we just have different approaches on this
if i notice that someone is trying to say something in serious manner then i try to understand what he's trying to say and analyze it in my own way
tho, using me as example i get easily annoyed if dumb person says something stupid, but it's not only about the stupidness of what he said but more than that, like how stupid can people be and what i would do in my perfect world to such people.
Zeraph
Not exactly, I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying but I'm too lazy to type an essay. o/
chox_old

Zeraphlol wrote:

Not exactly, I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying but I'm too lazy to type an essay. o/
basically you're saying that you shouldn't take seriously people which you don't know and i guess you mean the negative things
as i said i have different approach on this as there are valuable people which have something wise to say even if it's negative
it is what matters to me, i don't care who the person is as long as he has something valuable to say.

explaining what you think to the person who misunderstood you is common sense, and if you think i can't admit mistake of thinking process then i do feel offended.
UnderminE

Ephemeral wrote:

ALL OF YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR SACRILEGE
This is where i get scared
Mogsy
you're all terrifying

2spooky
mathexpert

chox wrote:

[...]
I agree that no trait is necessarily bad. But every trait can be bad in excess. Just like how being so kind that you're donating all the money you have to charity and starving yourself is bad. Just like how being so angry that you're beating up your wife is bad. Just like how being so depressed that you're hurting yourself and committing suicide is bad (for you and your loved ones). I'm not talking about being sensitive, I'm talking about overly sensitive.

Of course, these examples are a bit extreme (but still very common, mind you) and "overly" is a very subjective verb and the meaning can differ from people to people. But wouldn't you agree that there exists a point where it's just too much?

chox wrote:

i think that "traits" aren't set on stone in person, you can change things if you want to
I agree, that's why I'm saying learning to have thick skin can be beneficial. People own their lives, and I have no right to tell them what to do. I'm simply stating that for me at least, it is a positive trait.
Auxtrious
No
Platinumsj
You should be very very afraid of us, we have super hand eye coordination, which will be useful when destroying every other community until there are only osu! players in the world.
chox_old

mathexpert wrote:

I agree that no trait is necessarily bad. But every trait can be bad in excess. Just like how being so kind that you're donating all the money you have to charity and starving yourself is bad. Just like how being so angry that you're beating up your wife is bad. Just like how being so depressed that you're hurting yourself and committing suicide is bad (for you and your loved ones). I'm not talking about being sensitive, I'm talking about overly sensitive.

Of course, these examples are a bit extreme (but still very common, mind you) and "overly" is a very subjective verb and the meaning can differ from people to people. But wouldn't you agree that there exists a point where it's just too much?
Being overly sensitive is not a positive trait to have.
overly
oh wow this mind of mine skipping such important words
yes yes, i fully agree being overly -put whatever here- most of the time leads to some anomalies in behavior of individual and most of the time i wouldn't call it positive myself.
Weed
TLDR people rather whine than use the ignore feature.
MrPop
nope ;)
Oinari-sama
There there... more fluffy tails less intimidation :)
Bear
Sheesh, just browsing the forum sends shivers down my spine :o
Sapphiire_old_1
idk why we should be scared lol
Maiz94

SoG Tava wrote:

idk why we should be scared lol
If you look at 'some threads', you'll know why this thread is created. ;)
The Joker
I think the Osu! Community is actually pretty nice. Compared to other communities like League of Legends it is quite relaxed and fun (: