forum

Does the osu! Community Scare you?

posted
Total Posts

From a scale of 1 to 10; how scared/afraid are you of the osu! community?

1 - Being really scared the osu! community
27.97%
2.54%
4.24%
5.08%
13.56%
3.39%
6.78%
5.93%
2.54%
10 - Being really brave about the osu! community
27.97%
Total votes: 118
show more
MMzz
I am fearful
Raose
don't worry i'm pretty friendly

dkun

Raose wrote:

don't worry i'm pretty friendly

SapphireGhost
words
I agree that the community can be intimidating at times. As a newcomer, it takes some adjusting to get used to it. After some time though, you will find that most of the people here are friendly enough and usually quite interesting. As BeatofIke said, it will eventually feel comfortable.

Trust

that blanket
Mamoru Senpai
It doesn't for me. Osu! is so far the nicest community I've met, since I have internet. I played CS 1.6 and LoL before, that should explain everything.
thelewa
the osu! community is fucking terrifying
wolfn

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Naturally, I do my best to scare off anyone who comes in my way whom I haven't known for 3 years already~
D:

Half of the community annoys me and half of it intimidates me. Few am I friendly with, and even those sometimes fall into one of the two categories. As a community driven game, however, it is pretty hard to do anything in regards to mapping or modding unless one is more social... It is something I need to work on myself as well.
silmarilen
its kind of scary how people are "married" to anime characters
Natsu

BeatofIke wrote:

OMG when I first join osu! I was extremely scared to even chat and post on the forums
I feel the same orz :c
Aoko
I love the osu! Community. <3

loljk
CsavarNat16
It's really hard to post something at first, even if get replied, first thing comes to mind is "did I do something wrong? o-o;;;"
But, if you already used to it, things would go fine. :3
winber1
I've realized half the time people give no shits about your posts anyway.

:(
chox_old

thelewa wrote:

the osu! community is fucking terrifying
most is, and i mean it.
especially peppy
laport

silmarilen wrote:

btw did the black rock shooter take 50% of your money when you divorced it?
[Luanny]

Trust wrote:

that blanket
1 grid up kd pls

silmarilen wrote:

Well I'm really used to this community so it's not scary for me lol
silmarilen
what? who made that? how did it get there? GET IT OFF OF ME!!
Kaona

winber1 wrote:

This haha.
mathexpert

laport wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

btw did the black rock shooter take 50% of your money when you divorced it?
yeah, and now he has to pay child support

fuck
Taadashi

winber1 wrote:

The truth. :P
Pandemoniusz
This is how i see osu community:

Everybody is little, cute and friendly.
AmberLynx

Exactly. Broken.
Weed
This community can't hurt you. Why be scared?
chox_old

bewaredrev wrote:

This community can't hurt you. Why be scared?
words can hurt, especially sensitive people
every person is capable of hurting others and some have pleasure from doing so or are doing that unconsciously while being directed by their true nature
sadly there's no selection in nowadays world and innocent people get hurt by those kinds of people.
mathexpert

chox wrote:

every person is capable of hurting others and some have pleasure from doing so or are doing that unconsciously while being directed by their true nature
sadly there's no selection in nowadays world and innocent people get hurt by those kinds of people.
Learn to have thick skin then. Being overly sensitive is not a positive trait to have.

Of course, being kind is also important. But I feel like some people nowadays are way too sheltered and sensitive to criticism.
Ideolo
This is what the osu! community does to each other:
OzzyOzrock
osu! community is scary

have you seen those lolis

horrifying
Ideolo

OzzyOzrock wrote:

osu! community is scary

have you seen those lolis

horrifying
yes
Aoko
The internet is after all a crappy place. Let's all learn to live and have fun instead of moping around. :3
XPJ38

Pandemoniusz wrote:

This is how i see osu community:
i am confused
can somebody tell me where friendok and macacito are in this pic
DaddyCoolVipper

mathexpert wrote:

chox wrote:

Learn to have thick skin then. Being overly sensitive is not a positive trait to have.

Of course, being kind is also important. But I feel like some people nowadays are way too sheltered and sensitive to criticism.

There are some people in this community who have done some very, very horrible things, and they haven't even been banned.
Saneaux
It doesn't scare me, but I'm not particularly fond of it. On almost every thread I've read there's atleast 1 person having a bitch about how unoriginal or useless the thread is. Unless there's some contructive critism in there, then no one gives a fuck ;>.>
chox_old

mathexpert wrote:

in my opinion there's no negative or positive traits one can have, there are just differences
for example lets say that someone is pessimistic, it may be beneficial that this person isn't expecting too much of themselves thus doesn't get hurt if things go in wrong direction, on the other hand it may limit someone's capability if he is too pessimistic.
i think that "traits" aren't set on stone in person, you can change things if you want to, it's just that individual develops them over time and by that defines himself as a person, which means that those "traits" are developed on their own or by their environment, it just depends on what trait you want to take a look at.
sensitive people tend to overthink some situations and possibly learn to avoid such as it hurts them, and on the other hand if something positive happens to them they overthink it too so they're happier than a "normal" person would be, there's just so many variables in such things..
so to conclude this i think that being sensitive isn't something negative, there are different views on it.
Zeraph

chox wrote:

mathexpert wrote:

in my opinion there's no negative or positive traits one can have, there are just differences
for example lets say that someone is pessimistic, it may be beneficial that this person isn't expecting too much of themselves thus doesn't get hurt if things go in wrong direction, on the other hand it may limit someone's capability if he is too pessimistic.
i think that "traits" aren't set on stone in person, you can change things if you want to, it's just that individual develops them over time and by that defines himself as a person, which means that those "traits" are developed on their own or by their environment, it just depends on what trait you want to take a look at.
sensitive people tend to overthink some situations and possibly learn to avoid such as it hurts them, and on the other hand if something positive happens to them they overthink it too so they're happier than a "normal" person would be, there's just so many variables in such things..
so to conclude this i think that being sensitive isn't something negative, there are different views on it.
But the thing is he's talking about a context over the internet where being overly sensitive to what a random stranger says to you is not a positive trait at ALL to have. ESPECIALLY over the internet where people will say anything with no remorse or regards to the person it's directed towards as it's just the internet, they'll never meet in person and the person will never feel bad over something they said in chat as they won't know how it effects the person. They probably wouldn't give a shit about what it does to the person either.

Learning to have thick skin and not being sensitive over the internet is always a good thing. It's also good for real life encounters.

Also this is really ironic cause I'm a huge asshole in #osu. 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
chox_old

Zeraphlol wrote:

But the thing is he's talking about a context over the internet where being overly sensitive to what a random stranger says to you is not a positive trait at ALL to have. ESPECIALLY over the internet where people will say anything with no remorse or regards to the person it's directed towards as it's just the internet, they'll never meet in person and the person will never feel bad over something they said in chat as they won't know how it effects the person. They probably wouldn't give a shit about what it does to the person either.

Learning to have thick skin and not being sensitive over the internet is always a good thing. It's also good for real life encounters.

Also this is really ironic cause I'm a huge asshole in #osu. 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
i guess you gotta balance things out, like with everything in life
being able to take criticism is good thing as you can be better person just by listening to what others have to say
and being overly sensitive to dumb people isn't so wise too
Zeraph
It's not about being able to take criticism as much as people will say some terrible things and if they're taken too seriously then people get hurt, when they shouldn't be because what does it matter what someone you don't even know says to you?
chox_old

Zeraphlol wrote:

It's not about being able to take criticism as much as people will say some terrible things and if they're taken too seriously then people get hurt, when they shouldn't be because what does it matter what someone you don't even know says to you?
we just have different approaches on this
if i notice that someone is trying to say something in serious manner then i try to understand what he's trying to say and analyze it in my own way
tho, using me as example i get easily annoyed if dumb person says something stupid, but it's not only about the stupidness of what he said but more than that, like how stupid can people be and what i would do in my perfect world to such people.
Zeraph
Not exactly, I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying but I'm too lazy to type an essay. o/
chox_old

Zeraphlol wrote:

Not exactly, I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying but I'm too lazy to type an essay. o/
basically you're saying that you shouldn't take seriously people which you don't know and i guess you mean the negative things
as i said i have different approach on this as there are valuable people which have something wise to say even if it's negative
it is what matters to me, i don't care who the person is as long as he has something valuable to say.

explaining what you think to the person who misunderstood you is common sense, and if you think i can't admit mistake of thinking process then i do feel offended.
UnderminE

Ephemeral wrote:

ALL OF YOU WILL PAY FOR YOUR SACRILEGE
This is where i get scared
show more