forum

Skullgirls

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
0_o
Released on Steam today, $15

Anyone play? I've been playing the beta for the last couple weeks (pre-ordered on Kickstarter Indiegogo), and while I don't have too much experience with fighting games, it's pretty fun.

I've been going solo Squigly exclusively; I should probably learn another character so I can utilize assists and whatnot, but mastering one moveset is hard enough...
deadbeat
Cerebella....wow...what
NotEvenDoomMusic
Didn't played the PC version but has been playing the console version quite frequently in the past.

I litteraly, sat on that for almost a day (I think approx 17 hours or so was my record with some minor to major breaks) on release date and have to admit that it's really, really fun to play. As a fan of the MvC series and other "combo heavy" games, I immediatelly tried to learn it to play in an relatively "competitive" area but damn, I alwas lose touch since I also have a life to live, somehow... SO yeah-

Any than that, the game is rust(l)ing on my PSN account, rarely touching it due to having no interest on playing it... like other fighting games in my collection.

Though, before I stopped playing it- I really liked to play with either:
3x Team - Filia, Peacock and Parasoul
2x Team - Parasoul, Valentine
1x Team - Double

Depending on if my friend is chosing characters just to do some shenanigans.
Note that I sucked at doing OTG (of the ground) combos, haha... and I still suck doing those.
Xgor
Garven gave a copy so I'm playing it~

Already played it a bit on the PS3 at a friends so I'm not atleast a newbie at the game and my main is Filia AKA Miku/Sonic.
Dafydd
Haven't seen the gameplay but i'm still putting this one in my wishlist (fan of arcade/fighting games). Game looks fun. Although devs are trying to say you can't combo much (probably a melty blood or SF combo system)
Mafiamaster
I mainly play solo with Ms. Fortune. Hit me up on steam whenever you or anyone are up for some matches. (Mafiamaster50)
Ekaru
My computer sucks too much to run it. ;_;
rust45
I have been interested in Skullgirls ever since it was first being developed, I just never picked it up on the consoles especially since it seemed the online community died rather fast. I would pick it up on steam since 15 dollars is a pretty good price. But I'm rather tight on money at the moment.
Topic Starter
0_o

Nbhw wrote:

Although devs are trying to say you can't combo much (probably a melty blood or SF combo system)
Oh you can still do amazing combos, you just have to be a little more careful and creative. Basically, you can't start a combo chain with a move you have already used in the combo. The moves are only recorded for this after the first two combo chains (i.e., ground chain > launcher > air chain), so you have two free chains before the system kicks in.

Just look up some combos on youtube; it's definitely not as limited as you may think ;)
Lilac
How do I Skullgirl?

Like...I'm so confused. T_T
Blaziken
Cerebella: Grab the shit out of people then proceed to FC LP+LK them to death.
Fillia: Dragon Punch.
Either way i'm getting this on the PS3 for when they add cross compatibility.
Dafydd
I find Cerebella quite difficult to use but the AI plays her quite well.
Blaziken
The AI punishes players who are new to the whole fighting series. I found it difficult to play against when I just started. Then I learned about high and low attacks and it was all cool.