forum

[resolved] Transferring collection / favorites to the Osu! test client

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Anhedonia
Explain the issue you are having: I am trying to copy my collection database to the Osu test build, So i could start using the Test build instead of the regular client.

Is it reproducible? If so, explain the steps to do so:

I have a collection.db file in the Osu! folder, I have tried to copy the information, by opening the file with notepad, Then i proceeded and opened the Osu!test_collection and copied all the information to there, and saved the file. As soon as I start the Osu!test build, The Osu!test_collection.db dissapears, and it creates another file named like: ''osu!test_collection.db.635127079634218061'' Which is a .bak extension file. And there are no collections at all in the Test build.

Include any relevant video or screenshots, and hardware information for hard crashes or lag issues:
Marcin
Because... well.,... this file is not supposed to be opened with notepad?

Just create a copy of both collections, rename the one you want to copy (i.e. test build to public - osu!test_collection.db -> collection.db) and replace in your folder.
Topic Starter
Anhedonia
For some reason that worked lol. Even though copying the information should be the same effect. Thank you ^.^
Marcin
No it shouldn't, since these files are binary, and not editable for standard editors (only hex could edit it properly)