forum

some osu!mania editor improvements

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Koko Ban
1. make the selection scroll thingy feature work also on osu!mania editor too.

i dunno the specific term for this, but on standard, when you make a box selection on the timeline and you put the cursor way left or way right, the timeline scrolls with the cursor and stops when you bring the cursor back at the center so you can make huge selections. right now this is not possible in osu!mania editor so if i wanna copy huge selections, it's either i rewrite the same thing or copy the section bit by bit, which is tedious.

bit related, but box selection doesn't work when dragging from right to left.

2. simplify editing tools into "write" and "select". probably add an "erase" tool too.

i just find out that you can also put individual notes with "hold" tool. i dunno if there's a difference with a note made using "hold" or "circle" (if there's any), but if you can make individual notes using the "hold" tool. "circle" tool feels redundant. so to simplify things, change them into "write" (makes notes. click and drag to make holds) and "select" respectively.

you can also add "erase" tool which deletes any note by clicking on it.

3. allow .sm and .dwi imports too

see t/147141

4. allow skin elements to be assigned on specific lanes

this would make DDR-based skins possible.

thoughts?
Compa

Koko Ban wrote:

i dunno the specific term for this, but on standard, when you make a box selection on the timeline and you put the cursor way left or way right, the timeline scrolls with the cursor and stops when you bring the cursor back at the center so you can make huge selections. right now this is not possible in osu!mania editor so if i wanna copy huge selections, it's either i rewrite the same thing or copy the section bit by bit, which is tedious.

2. simplify editing tools into "write" and "select". probably add an "erase" tool too.

i just find out that you can also put individual notes with "hold" tool. i dunno if there's a difference with a note made using "hold" or "circle" (if there's any), but if you can make individual notes using the "hold" tool. "circle" tool feels redundant. so to simplify things, change them into "write" (makes notes. click and drag to make holds) and "select" respectively.

see https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/147141

thoughts?
1. You can zoom out to select a larger area in the same amount of space.
2. No.
3. No. Just google the individual converters.
4. Okay.
HanzeR

Mid Boss wrote:

Koko Ban wrote:

see t/147141

thoughts?
2. No.
4. Okay.
The zoom out select is really buggy and it's extremely hard to tell what your actually selecting when you've zoomed out too far. I also think having just a single tool would save so much time instead of having to switch all the time (I'm lazy)
Topic Starter
Koko Ban

HanzeR wrote:

The zoom out select is really buggy and it's extremely hard to tell what your actually selecting when you've zoomed out too far. I also think having just a single tool would save so much time instead of having to switch all the time (I'm lazy)
^THIS

i even think that the lack of auto-scrolling during box selections is an issue/glitch on the game itself, though i posted it as a feature request just to be safe.
Hanyuu
Yeah copy pasting sections is kind of tiring. I can just do it bit by bit and its easy to lose the overview and accidently copying wrong notes..
Also when selecting a few notes with the box and then holding down CTRL and trying to select a few others it is unselecting the first ones ._.
Bobbias

Mid Boss wrote:

2. No.
4. Okay.
Zooming out is useless if you want to say, select everything after a certain point in time. We definitely need a better way to select large portions of the map, because the current system is a huge pain to use.

As for "erase", just right click the notes you want to erase. Only suggestion I could make there is have it so anything you mouse over while holding right click down is erased...

Agreed on the converters we have a .sm converter already.

And the suggestion to skin individual lanes is a no-brainer. It should have been implemented already.