forum

[Archived] logged out & all my skins and maps are gone

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
moechia
i opened my osu and i was logged out, my skins and maps were all gone
i didn't move or touch anything in my files and i also never logged out of my account prior to this happening
i tried repairing osu and restarting it but it still didn't work
i also am logged out everytime i restart osu, and even then my skins and maps arent there
i don't rlly know what to do

osu! version: Stable 20220101.1 (latest)
Death
Click on the "open osu! folder" button in the options menu and check to see if any of your Skins/Beatmaps are present there.

If they aren't, you either have something on your PC that is deleting your files, or you have 2 osu! installs on your PC somehow and you are running the wrong one. The latter is more likely.
Topic Starter
moechia

Death wrote:

Click on the "open osu! folder" button in the options menu and check to see if any of your Skins/Beatmaps are present there.

If they aren't, you either have something on your PC that is deleting your files, or you have 2 osu! installs on your PC somehow and you are running the wrong one. The latter is more likely.
its the latter, how do i get rid of one and keep the original?
Death
The reason you're running the wrong version is probably because the shortcut you are using is broken. Find the osu!.exe file inside the osu! folder with all of your files, right click on it, and click "Create shortcut". Then move that shortcut to wherever it is you normally run the game from.

You can then delete the osu! folder that you no longer need.