forum

[invalid] Suggested alternative topics on !faq topic

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Sea_Food
Many times mods get frustrated reading a chat that they are not interested in and type !faq topic to make people change what they are talking about. Anyway sometimes when the last 40post in the chat are talking only about that, its the only thing that runs inside your mind so its hard to think about anything else to post about, so people get silenced easily.

What if !faq topic worked a little like !roll, that after saying the pre existing message, it would suggest a random new topic for people to talk about like "What do you guys think about the new episode of Free?" Just add a few (dozens) of premade alternative topics and it should help my peeps to not make those final 2 closing post after a moderator has expressed her or his anger.

You know what i mean?
deadbeat
why should we tell you what to talk about?
Marcin
I think this !faq is only used for topics inappropriate >.>
dkun
I think you've been hanging around chat for too long to suggest something like this.

We don't get frustrated by "reading a chat that they are not interested in", if this FAQ is used, the topic needs to be dropped.
deadbeat
dkun about sums it up. *bam*
Topic Starter
Sea_Food

deadbeat wrote:

why should we tell you what to talk about?
Because like i said, it sometimes is hard to figure out what to talk about in such a difficult situation.

Marcin wrote:

I think this !faq is only used for topics inappropriate >.>
Yeah maybe. Anyway the reason why the !faq is used really isnt so important regarding this suggestion.

dkun wrote:

I think you've been hanging around chat for too long to suggest something like this.

We don't get frustrated by "reading a chat that they are not interested in", if this FAQ is used, the topic needs to be dropped.
Same what i said to Marcin, and also I know it needs to be dropped. That is the reason i made this suggestion. It is intented to help people drop the topic
Marcin
And you say, that something like
BanchoBot: Go talk about food
Is going to work out >.<?
Topic Starter
Sea_Food

Marcin wrote:

And you say, that something like
BanchoBot: Go talk about food
Is going to work out >.<?
Exaclty. And ofcouse it would. Want me to make a list of suggestions for suggeted alternative topics.
dkun

dkun wrote: