forum

What do you think of phonk?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
somenpizza
I'm trying to find some maps to practice but I can't find. Either one that is bad or none at all. I think its because of my limiting taste or because its so small. The only ones I found were phonky town but thats easy. what I'm trying to find are songs like NxxxxxS, Rbowchickenn, Dj shuriken666 (I found one), kristof, purpp caddy. I'm I asking for much because these are small artist or am my taste bad?
VOS Laika
I like the old phonk , not this Russian Drift phonk
179bpm
drift phonk is ok but i just prefer to separate it from regular phonk
Stomiks
What's a phonk
Kaaruumii
its phonk time
TGGD
There are some good phonk bangers
Stomiks
Still don't understand phonk
[ Stefan ]

TGGD wrote:

There are some good phonk bangers

179bpm

Stomiks wrote:

Still don't understand phonk
Phonk (/fɒŋk/) is a subgenre of hip hop and trap music directly inspired by 1990s Memphis rap. Mostly present on the SoundCloud platform, the music is characterized by vocals from old Memphis rap tapes and samples from early-1990s hip hop, often combining them with elements of jazz and funk. The genre deploys distorting techniques such as chopped and screwed to create a darker sound.

Initially developed in the 2000s in the Southern United States, mainly in Houston and Memphis, the genre's early pioneers include DJ Screw, X-Raided, DJ Spanish Fly, DJ Squeeky, and the collective Three 6 Mafia. In the late-2010s, through streaming platforms such as SoundCloud, the genre developed more of an emphasis on jazz and classic hip hop.
-wikipedia
_Reset
i like memphis phonk better but stuff like phonky town is pretty good
Neigdoig
I've not listened to phonk too much. I primarily produce UK and/or Brooklyn Drill, and maybe PNW Rap (Pacific Northwest).
Ryu Sei
If it makes me catJAM, it's a good JAM.
Stomiks
Phonk's a pretty funny genre ngl
TheAngryNerd101
It's dumb and sounds like ass.
Ymir
It's cool and sounds badass
Jellinad
A good mainstream genre