forum

Merge similar mods in selected mods rankings

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +94
Topic Starter
VoidnOwO
If I select doubletime and watch "Global rankings (selected mods)", it should also show Nightcore plays.
Same thing with nomod, sudden death, and perfect.
Keep osu!mania hidden and fade-in separate even though they're flip-over mods as well.

Edited the OP to explain this better. Original post below.

SPOILER
Topic title can be shortened if someone can come up with a more proper wording.

I found two somewhat similar request, but they're not the same.

Let's keep this simple. Set a score with Nightcore mod, it won't be shown if someone selects Doubletime and goes to selected mods scoreboard / ranking list. SD/PF and DT/NC are basically the same, so why not?

This wouldn't effect Hidden and Fade In in o!m, even though they're flip-over mods as well.

Stefan
But it doesn't hurt if anyone is reading NC or DT instead of DT/NC. That looks imo more filthy as simple.
Topic Starter
VoidnOwO
:)
casmith789
+1. Viewing the leaderboard for selected mod with just PF should give you the nomod, SD and PF leaderboard.

Viewing the leaderboard with NC should give you the DT leaderboard.

When viewing the mod leaderboard I quite often have to change my mods twice when running PF cause not many people use it.
[Kanzaki Ranko]

Stefan wrote:

But it doesn't hurt if anyone is reading NC or DT instead of DT/NC. That looks imo more filthy as simple.
What he probably meant is that individual scores appear with what the actual user, but the scoreboards are combined. Nothing else than that.
Topic Starter
VoidnOwO
:)
Renske_old
agree!
Coffee Hero
I would like to see this.
Topic Starter
VoidnOwO
pls
ohshaeme

casmith789 wrote:

+1. Viewing the leaderboard for selected mod with just PF should give you the nomod, SD and PF leaderboard.

Viewing the leaderboard with NC should give you the DT leaderboard.

When viewing the mod leaderboard I quite often have to change my mods twice when running PF cause not many people use it.
I support this.
Topic Starter
VoidnOwO
bump
Catgirl
I support this. Whenever I used to look at CTB high scores to compare spins, I would always have to take off PF mod because hardly anybody uses it.

Same thing with DT/NC... Neither changes the gameplay at all and it's just preference, so I don't see why there should be a separate leaderboard.

My only concern is that I'm not sure how many people really use this category on the scoreboards for this to be considered useful enough. It's never a useful scoreboard to have up while playing because I either pass 30 people at the very end of the song or don't make the top 50 at all.
Sephibro
This totally needs to be live
Unsafeman121
+1
I agree with this , I can't see a good reason why they should be separate when in reality it doesn't make a difference.
SteRRuM
+1, no reason for why they are separated.