forum

Mouse change -> can't play osu anymore

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hero Of Time
I used to play with a Trust GXT32, it sucks but it was REALLY used to it, I didn't have to think any movement, it was just automatic in my brain with perfect precision. Now, I bough a Drakonia Black because the Trust mouse broke, and I can't play anymore T_T I just can't get used to any of the new DPI settings. Did this happen to anyone else when changing mouse? How long does it take to get used to it? xD
mang0es
Slightly different but, took be about a week to get used to tablet from mouse. Changing my tablet area also takes a week to get used to... then again, I do play a lot so may be longer for you.
Pawww_old
Just keep playing, i'm sure it wont take more than a week or two.
Zare
Make sure you disabled mouse acceleration in windows settings and try to use lower dpi, since lower dpi results in higher mouse precision.
Despite that it's only practice and getting used to the mouse
TakuMii
Only about a dozen mice truly have zero mouse acceleration. For the other 99.9% of mice on the market, they all have different sensors with varying amounts of mouse acceleration, so it's more difficult to get used to when switching between them (and the time it will take to get used to them will vary depending on the mice).
The best you can do to get used to it would be to turn off all software-based acceleration (in the mouse drivers and/or the "enhanced pointer precision" option in the Windows settings) and even then, there's no way to predict how long it will take.
AmaiHachimitsu
I think the problem is either grip (those mice mentioned may differ in shape/weight significantly) or DPI which caused some changes in actual sensitivity.
- In the first case you should either grab the mouse in different way (some mice are, for example, designed for claw grip in particular) or just get used to it.
- If it's about sensitivity only, you can try to get used to it or adjust osu! resolution to your new DPI so it feels the same as when you used previous mouse (e.g. you had 400 dpi and 640x480, now you have 800 dpi so you set higher resolution)

Also, I've no idea if your new mouse was the option you had been thinking about earlier or you just bought it because you needed a mouse immediately, but seems like you switched from shitmouse to mediocre one considering games when you need movement precision.
- Optical>Laser
- Avago ADNS-9800 sensor - It's quite good if you want to play very high dpi, but it still has some positive acceleration issues like ADNS-9500
So, basically - your new mouse's performance is quite good, but if osu!/FPS games were your main "objectives" you could have bought a mouse far better than that one.