forum

Information Mafia

posted
Total Posts
show more
Royston
Hello? Anyone?
Rantai
Hmmm actually I don't know what a buddy it. Mafiascum is down too so I can't look it up >_>

If I had to take a guess; a mason type role? Doesn't seem to be a lover kind of thing.
pieguyn
probably a Friendly Neighbor or smth
tomorrow we lynch BRBP btw
Royston
I have no objections
DakeDekaane
I don't like how pieguy is trying to lead the lynches, just saying.
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
*An unexpectedly long night ends in an expected manner.*

kookookook - ??? - Erased N4

It seems Lilac was there to cure the ailments of the weak. It's rather unfortunate that they're no longer around.

Lilac - Town Ailment Doctor

It is now Day 5.

Deadline is in one week.
pieguyn
WOW SERIOUSLY

I'm voting BRBP if no objections. and what the hell is an "ailment doctor" especially when there's a doctor already
Topic Starter
LadySuburu

pieguy1372 wrote:

WOW SERIOUSLY

I'm voting BRBP if no objections. and what the hell is an "ailment doctor" especially when there's a doctor already
There were two hints given since night ended. One of which may or may not have to do with what an ailment doctor is.

There's very little clue to these hints though, but they do matter if you can figure them out.
pieguyn
btw don't vote yet this has to be LyLo
unless there's only 2 mafia
Royston
The sky darkens = lightning storm = lightning rod? Lol.

I don't freaking know what an ailment doctor is. Maybe there's a poisoner or something. I'm really annoyed that Lilac just let himself get lynched like that.
DakeDekaane
pieguy, why not fartownik?
Rantai
Ailment doctor suggests a poisoner. Firefighter suggests an arsonist. Deprogrammer suggests a cult.

I think I see a pattern here. Ie dick move roles.

Also:

DakeDekaane wrote:

If I'm correct we town can still win.
What was all that about?
Royston
There's another possibility

LadySuburu wrote:

cure the ailments of the weak
Maybe it's not poison, but people with a weak modifier? (i.e. weak doctor, cop etc.) with that said there's only been one night with more than one kill and that seems to be the result of a hider, so I don't have much confidence in this idea
Rantai
Well, of those who are alive and claimed, none of us have claimed weak modifier.

So I'm skeptical on that idea.
Royston
But that wording that the mod used though..... uuugh

There were two hints given since night ended. One of which may or may not have to do with what an ailment doctor is.
It seems Lilac was there to cure the ailments of the weak.
Rantai
Ugh.

Perhaps the weak actually means something else, like weak of mind or something. (I think day 1 mentioned something along those lines).
Royston
Oh yeah. It would tie in with the story on D1 too.

...I'm not even sure if this info is going to help us lock down scum though.
Royston
story on the OP*
pieguyn
inb4 it's some shit like "weak = all roles flip as town because people are being manipulated as such and they're weak-minded" meaning Lilac knew the true alignments and made people know what they were

or it might be a poison doctor :P

DakeDekaane wrote:

pieguy, why not fartownik?
cause BRBP even made a post without claiming

fartownik at least claimed something even though it was sketchy as hell. if in doubt, we can lynch him last, or have him shoot someone if we lynch mafia
pieguyn
btw it's official

1. pieguy <- firefighter
2. DakeDekaane <- 1-shot auto reviver
4. Royston <- motivator
5. fartownik <- handicapped MUP
6. rEdo <- dayvig
7. Rantai <- strong-willed deprogrammer

3. BRBP

two of the scum are people who claimed already. probably fartownik is one of them. next up is Royston cause he's been pro-town as hell and I doubt why the hell he'd survive this long, kthx. that or one of the false roles is mafia
Royston
the whole weak modifier thing could actually make some sense with Blue Yoshi's statement of "if things go to plan I'll be dead" if he had a weak modifier that wasn't revealed on flip or something

pieguy1372 wrote:

inb4 it's some shit like "weak = all roles flip as town because people are being manipulated as such and they're weak-minded" meaning Lilac knew the true alignments and made people know what they were
if it was something like that I'm gonna cry irl :(

What I don't get is the kill on kook. I mean, they could've just left him and started a wagon on him today (and heck, I would've supported considering he hasn't posted anything this millennium)

pieguy1372 wrote:

next up is Royston cause he's been pro-town as hell and I doubt why the hell he'd survive this long, kthx.
that's a good point as well. How the hell am I still alive? I really expected to be killed last night (heck I expected to be killed N1). There has to be a reason that they're keeping me around.
pieguyn
ok
vote: BRBP
VoidnOwO
:)
pieguyn
unvote

1. pieguy <- firefighter
3. BRBP <- nexus
4. Royston <- motivator
6. rEdo <- dayvig

I don't buy that claim at all, mostly because of this

BRBP wrote:

Don't know if it's X-shot
normally nexus is a passive ability, but if it's x-shot it becomes an active ability. I think it's highly unlikely you wouldn't know whether your ability is passive or active, if you were really nexus. This makes me think the claim is false

thoughts?
DakeDekaane

pieguy1372 wrote:

thoughts?
I'm willing to lynch fartownik. Why? along with Rantai, they're the only ones with odd role names, which makes me think they're fake.
pieguyn
strong-willed just means someone is immune to all redirections
e.g. regular cop targets x -> bus driver swaps x and y -> cop investigates y
e.g. strong-willed cop targets x -> bus driver swaps x and y -> cop investigates x anyway

MUP (Multiple User Personality) is a role that performs an ability randomly without control over what the ability is. so if someone got MUP with a cop/doc/vig/roleblock, they'd target a person at night, who would randomly be roleblocked/vigged/protected/investigated. note abilities generally aren't x-shot like with a JOAT so they could cop 4 times if they got the right rolls

I'm fine with a fartownik lynch too, cause his claim was weird as hell. if it was just MUP it would be fine, but apparently he claimed a MUP that could only use each ability once. this just implies he's a JOAT with randomized abilities. for a 15 man game, a JOAT with only 3 abilities in the first place seems really low, even without being randomized. (Jinxy made a JOAT fakeclaim with 4 abilities in my game with only 12 people and he succeeded...)
pieguyn
btw I don't blame you for thinking MUP is weird, assuming you were referring to that, cause afaik no one's ever used a MUP on this forum. the only reason I knew what it was is cause I was reading xylbot rolelist and saw it on there LOL

though I agree the "Handicapped" is really sketchy cause of what I mentioned before. seems likely he saw the people with weird names "Hurried Jester", "Speedy Reviver" and tried to come up with one for himself.
pieguyn
1. pieguy <- firefighter
3. BRBP <- nexus
4. Royston <- motivator
6. rEdo <- dayvig

mafia dayvig or mafia auto reviver is stupid cause they fk with LyLo which isn't fair. if either dayvig or reviver keep silent till what would usually be LyLo, it's impossible for town to win, when they have a reasonable expectation of being able to win in LyLo. and given Lilac is town, I bet Rantai is town cause he got a false role too. (and mafia deprogrammer is what? cult can't recruit mafia anyway)

so, by PoE I get BRBP x Royston x fartownik. conveniently two of those claims were really weird and Royston's ability hasn't been confirmed yet at all. so we lynch those three in some arbitrary order, unless a night result changes something
Royston
well either there's two scum or you're wrong on at least one of those assumptions. :P

pieguy wrote:

mafia dayvig or mafia auto reviver is stupid cause they fk with LyLo which isn't fair.
haha, I wouldn't put anything past the mod. Especially since in the touhou game there was this whole thing about how a dayvig couldn't possibly be scum, I can see this dayvig being made scum just to screw with us. Plus it's always possible that these roles have more conditions associated with them that people have chosen not to reveal
Rantai
Ehhh that nexus claim.

Actually I think I might have an idea, tell me if there are any glaring faults in it.

We lynch Royston and get fart to shoot BRBP. As far as I know, nexus' don't redirect kills (otherwise they're essentially bulletproof which is retarded) and this'll show if fart is lying or not. If BRBP survives, we lynch fart tomorrow.

If BRBP dies tonight then one of two things happened. We get one kill, scum + fart shot him/scum no shot or fart is scum. Both ways that's good for us because mafia would have to waste a shot playing the wifom game.

We get 2 kills and we're still ly-lo with a confirmed town (3-4 --> 1-3)

This goes under the assumption that Royston is scum (I'm currently leaning that because it seems strange that he hasn't died and cannot prove his motivation, I think I mentioned this in passing a few pages back). The rest is up in the air. Really though it could only really be fart + BRBP or redo + DD after that. I come to this conclusion because DD and redo have cross "confirmed" each other (so if one is one alignment, the other is too) leaving just fart and BRBP. I believe pieguy is town.

Thoughts?
pieguyn
I can see this dayvig being made scum just to screw with us.
seems like trademark LS

I say we lynch you last. that way we have a chance at getting rid of the roleblocker so someone can confirm you

the only way the above ^ doesn't work is if you're town and we somehow save the roleblocker for last instead. or if you're roleblocker

I know I'm not wrong about Rantai though. the whole point of LS putting these roles in here relies on the fact we don't know it's false to begin with. mafia deprogrammer is outright impossible from the get go
Rantai
Also pieguy, being an LS game I wouldn't put it past him to give mafia a reviver/dayvig.

And you can flip what DD said; those 2 are suspicious because they seem to be the only 2 working roles that I can tell at the moment. Everyone else either has a fake or broken role. I don't personally believe that though, I'm more towards the whole LS is a dick idea.
Rantai
Was that a ninja fest right there?

>_>
Rantai
Actually to amend, as I just realised.

If fart shoots BRBP and kills him and we get another kill then we're actually probably not going to be 1-3 because I find it highly unlikely one is towna nd the other mafia.

Ugh, back to the drawing board for me.
pieguyn
We lynch Royston and get fart to shoot BRBP. As far as I know, nexus' don't redirect kills (otherwise they're essentially bulletproof which is retarded) and this'll show if fart is lying or not. If BRBP survives, we lynch fart tomorrow.
I thought about something like this. but I don't think it'll work, in part due to the fact we won't know what they flip. I haven't found exactly what the problem is but something in my head is screaming "this is wrong" 0.0
DakeDekaane
There's no guarantee that farto shoots. Or even look here (. . )
Rantai

pieguy1372 wrote:

I thought about something like this. but I don't think it'll work, in part due to the fact we won't know what they flip. I haven't found exactly what the problem is but something in my head is screaming "this is wrong" 0.0
That's true, we're not going to know who flips what today. But we can't really be sure who is what at the moment, making me hesitant on lynching fart/brbp/dd or redo.

I don't know really, it seems like a big gamble no matter which choice we make.
VoidnOwO
:)
Rantai
So what's the plan?

We really only have 3/4 choices, if my assumptions are correct.

Lynch Royston, gain information (well, as much as we can get I guess) to make a informed decision the next day.

Lynch fart or brbp and hope we don't lose. If we get scum, the other is highly likely to be scum (poe due to redo/dd)

Lynch dd or redo, same as above.

We could lynch pieguy but I believe that to be the riskiest move.
Royston
I don't think I've given my reads for a while. A lot of it is gut feeling

Town

- Royston

Leaning Town

- Rantai: The role claim makes sense and I've been getting a town read from his posts
- pieguy: same as above
- BRBP: I'm getting a pretty strong town read from his posts overall, but in particular his last post makes me think he's town. I was willing to lynch earlier due to inactivity, but not now

???

- rEdo: Uncomfortable here. The role suggests town but the D1 sheeping to fart still irks me

Leaning scum

- DakeDekaane: Always had a scummy feeling from his posts, though that could be a result of him being on my case a lot. His role, which has proven to be truthful, is what makes me hesitate here
- fartownik: Questionable play, really quite different to the touhou game we played as masons. Role claim pretty tenuous. Inactivity doesn't help his case

Rantai wrote:

We really only have 3/4 choices, if my assumptions are correct.
Well there's two other options

- We lynch you (I don't support this)
- No lynch (I don't see how this would help in any way)

My unofficial vote would have to go on fart.
show more