forum

Information Mafia

posted
Total Posts
show more
fartownik
I'm sorry for not being active here, I will post up tomorrow morning since I'm fairly tired tonight.

tl;dr: prod dodge
rEdo

Sephibro wrote:

- does dayvig shoot by writing it here in the forum, or does he pm the master? he has to write it here, which I will do now
- i guess dayvig can shoot only once in the whole game, isn't it? depends on the mod, but most usually once per game, just like a regular vigilante
- is there a scum role who can shoot on days too? it's pretty rarely seen, but I'm not one if that's what you're trying to imply :­P
- is vote manipulator town or scum? can be either pro-town or pro-scum.

Rantai wrote:

I'm still adamant about some sort of cult (afia?) out there.

I do have my reasons to believing so, it's not just a baseless theory.
mind to elaborate?

anyway, I guess the majority is now okay with that, especially these posts signalized me that we're off to go.

DakeDekaane wrote:

rEdo, shoot pieguy/Rantai, then you can lynch me if you still want to.
sounds like baloney, or he actually might have something

pieguy1372 wrote:

>dayvig wants to shoot him
>he tries to question dayvig's ideas instead of pointing out better scumreads or defending himself
and yeah, that's caught my attention myself. instead of trying to reason why he shouldn't be scum, he just simple-mindedly told me to shoot somebody else. I guess that should do.

inb4 Dake flips town, I doubt it though
Shoot: DakeDekaane

Mod: will we get the flip right away?
DakeDekaane
Geez.

rEdo, I told you to not waste your shot on me, everything will remain the same, anyways.

FoS: Rantai

Why pieguy is town for you?

Rantai wrote:

Or you know, using it as a cover to lynch a known (to you) townie and keeping the inactive alive while having an easy vote scapegoat.

So sneaky.
What?

Vote: pieguy

pieguy1372 wrote:

DakeDekaane wrote:

Maybe Yoshi wasn't lynched... have you thought about that?
that's one hell of a shitty argument
The discredit post here is hard, you didn't elaborate on why it was a shitty argument, which imo it isn't, Tsukasa had 2 votes and Yoshi 1, that's what I brought that.

pieguy1372 wrote:

DakeDekaane wrote:

What I'm saying is that Lilac wasn't introduced in D2, like many of you think, he was playing since D1, LS just messed up the players list, just go to the RVS stage in D1. why he didn't post? I really have no idea.

rEdo, shoot pieguy/Rantai, then you can lynch me if you still want to. Don't shoot Tsukasa/Sephibro until we get the role flip for NH. Why pieguy? Is he considered town? how did he got towncred?; Why Rantai? Because is your other suspect besides Tsukasa and me, it's a null-read for me.
>dayvig wants to shoot him
>he tries to question dayvig's ideas instead of pointing out better scumreads or defending himself

yeah DD is mafia gogogo
So I should have pointed better scumreads to you say I was deflecting attention and so, you can still scumpainting me too? Sure.

I got tired of this. You guys are blind.

@Sephibro: I didn't claim vote manipulator in any moment, but you have a point on LS's post.
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
Let me get home, and then I'll update the thread based on happenings. ETA 20ish minutes.
Topic Starter
LadySuburu

rEdo wrote:

Shoot: DakeDekaane
*rEdo turns towards Dake, firing a magical bolt at him. Dake is impaled by the bolt, and collapses...*

*...But a magical glow surrounds Dake, and he stands back up again, unharmed.*

GM Announcement: We've noticed a problem with our PVP system, so we're shutting off PVP for repairs tonight. Please bear with us while we work on this problem.

Dake's revival means there's no lynch today.

Deadline for today is 24 hours from now. Deadline can be ended early by voting No Lynch, or extended once by 24 hours by voting Extend Deadline.
Sephibro
wtf is happening here
rEdo
wow, things went better than expected. I did expect Dake to be town, so here I am to state my hypothesis that I came up with after certain people started to tell me to shoot him:

PIEGUY AND RANTAI HAVE A HIGH POSSIBILITY TO BE SCUM.

I had that suspicion right from the start when Rantai and pieguy were rather forcing the idea of me shooting Dake, which caught my eye, so I tagged along in their play with a gambit. here are my thoughts so far:
  1. if Dake flips town, then pieguy and Rantai apparently were speculating on their daychat to push the wagon of DD being scum (that would also reason why Rantai started being so active yet again), shooting him, thus wasting my shot on a townie, and lynching somebody else afterwards - that's why I asked for a flip right after DD's death, but him surviving makes things even easier. he already said "nothing's gonna change" - that would mean he's a deathproof townie (nothing else comes to my mind, a deathproof goon sounds way too OP). not to mention that there's from none to little interaction between them in their posts, they're certainly avoiding that to happen.
  2. if Dake flips scum, then apparently pieguy wasn't bullshitting and he was really hunting for scum, thus rather leaning him to be town, however it's not the case this time.
I'll just drop that by for now. of course there is a possibility that I'm wrong, but I'm rather convinced my theory is right.

Vote: Rantai
Lilac
I think it's pieguy, Rantai and farto.

I do have a case for all 3 but...laziness. Give me a bit.
pieguyn
what makes you so sure Dake is town? knowing LS I wouldn't be surprised to see a 1-shot deathproof mafia or SK (more likely SK, cause SK by itself is so hard to win with > <, so it often comes with modifiers like bulletproof etc. that give better odds)

btw keep in mind I accused Dake before you did. I do agree it's weird how Rantai just followed us though :?

DakeDekaane wrote:

The discredit post here is hard, you didn't elaborate on why it was a shitty argument, which imo it isn't, Tsukasa had 2 votes and Yoshi 1, that's what I brought that.
I figured it had to have been a lynch because it ended day, there weren't any other deaths that day, and it was at deadline IIRC (?).

DakeDekaane wrote:

So I should have pointed better scumreads to you say I was deflecting attention and so, you can still scumpainting me too? Sure.

I got tired of this. You guys are blind.
if you really wanted to find out who the mafia was IMO you would have said more. Not doing something under the assumption that "I'll still scumpaint you anyway" makes no sense as town whatsoever. If you were town, you'd do it anyway, let me scumpaint you, and then scumhunt me by calling me out for scumpainting you. but nope
Sephibro

LadySuburu wrote:

rEdo wrote:

Dake's revival means there's no lynch today.
i hope i misunderstood this.

btw, what do we know so far:

- rEdo, Royston and Sephibro are town
- kookookook is most likely town (i think kookookook is town because if he was mafia LS would have used me to replaced him instead of Tsukasa)
- DakeDekaane is most likely SK, or town with PR
- pieguy, BRBP, fartownik, Rantai, Lilas: all mafia are probably in this group

now, let's come to the important things
how many are mafia? 3-4, most likely 3 i would say
already 5 people died, at least 4 of them were town (in case one among RB or NH were the SK, but it's just 8% chance). at 92%, 5 towns died. that's bad, we need to hurry
in order to hurry, we need the help of the SK to get rid of all the mafia asap - it's in SK's interest to kill mafia and now it's in the interest of mafia to kill the SK

DakeDekaane could have survived because he's a PR that allows him to survive lynch or he is a 1-shot bulletproof SK (most likely this one)

mod: can we lynch this turn then? and can i have a vote count of D2?
Lilac
Hold on, rEdo. If you think that Dake was town why the hell did you shoot him under peer pressure? You could have shot one of the other guys who was

Also, I really do not like how pieguy is playing in this game.
Sephibro

pieguy1372 wrote:

1-shot deathproof mafia or SK
you anticipated me, i agree on this point

pieguy1372 wrote:

if you really wanted to find out who the mafia was IMO you would have said more.

pieguy1372 wrote:

I think everyone implicitly assumed rEdo would just shoot the scummiest person and then lynch the second, or lynch rEdo if he was lying. seems pretty intuitive already
you looked very town-like on D2, you are looking always less town-like on D3. you had the urge to kill DakeDekaane without thinking much more upon it, and you didn't propose a pro town strategy as i was expecting
I would like to hear more from Rantai, BRBP and Lilac, farto already said that he would tell his impressions this morning
At the moment i think BRBP is the one with the highest chance of being a town in the "potential mafia" group
Topic Starter
LadySuburu

Sephibro wrote:

mod: can we lynch this turn then? and can i have a vote count of D2?
Dake's revival has stopped there from being a lynch Day 3.

As for a Day 2 vote count, that's a pain and I said I wouldn't, but I guess I can.

At the end of the day, the official vote count looked like this:

Tsukasa (2) - Dake, kookookook
Yoshi (1) - RB
BRBP (1) - pieguy
kookookook (1) - farto
rEdo (1) - pieguy
Lilac (1) - Royston
farto (1) - Lilac
Dake (1) - Rantai
Royston (1) - rEdo
Nothing of note hidden here, go away.
rEdo

Sephibro wrote:

i think kookookook is town because if he was mafia LS would have used me to replaced him instead of Tsukasa
no, you took Tsukasa's seat just because he has asked for replacement way earlier than kook. alignment has nothing to do with that.

Lilac wrote:

Hold on, rEdo. If you think that Dake was town why the hell did you shoot him under peer pressure?
that's why I said it's a gambit - now at least I've confirmed some of my suspicions.

gonna post more tomorrow, right now barely postng this x.x
Royston
wow I'm just abouf to post and then a bunch of other posts come in, can't be assed to change my post on phone

It seems pretty clear like we're not going to be able to lynch today. This is pretty terrible. Dake/rEdo, did either of you know this sort of thing would result in us not being able to lynch?

I still don't like how everyone is assuming there's a SK. For all I know, the second night kill could have been a vigilante, PGO etc. But I hope you're right, because we need a SK to kill some mafia otherwise we're probably fucked.

To reply to an earlier point, I'm not sure that 'reality has shifted' message has anything to do with the voting thing either, since the mod said that it wasn't related in the post after that. And I'm holding onto this dearly:

LadySuburu wrote:

However, I will not lie this game, as that's not this game's gimmick.
Sephibro

Sephibro wrote:

@everybody: please explain abbreviations the first time you use them, i'm new to forum mafia, it would help me very much :) Example: " [...] FoS (=Finger of Suspicion + brief explaination)"
^pls don't forget this, it's my first time on forum mafia

what's PGO?

btw i don't think that a vigilante would have done that move, unless he's completely retarded. if you are a vigilante you are town, and your interest is to protect town and kill mafia, not killing random.
If it's not a SK, probably RB or NH had a PR that causes to be killed if processing an action on the one who gets killed that night

But i still hope there's a SK because he has to kill some mafias during the night, or we'll be in trouble
Lilac
Paranoid Gun Owner.

A role that kills anyone who tries to target it at night. However, this is very unlikely. I have some idea what's happening and to be honest, it's not looking good.

Umm, give me... a few hours, I need to get into the mood to play this and it's draining ever since. Forum mafia is killing me inside.
pieguyn

Lilac wrote:

Also, I really do not like how pieguy is playing in this game.
:cry: I hope you mean you think I'm scum and not personal dislike

I have some ideas, but I wanna wait till certain people post. :>
Rantai

rEdo wrote:

Rantai wrote:

I'm still adamant about some sort of cult (afia?) out there.

I do have my reasons to believing so, it's not just a baseless theory.
mind to elaborate?
Roleclaim: Strong-Willed Deprogrammer

I cannot deprogram the cult leader but I can deprogram any other cult member. I cannot be recruited.

rEdo wrote:

I had that suspicion right from the start when Rantai and pieguy were rather forcing the idea of me shooting Dake, which caught my eye, so I tagged along in their play with a gambit. here are my thoughts so far:
  1. if Dake flips town, then pieguy and Rantai apparently were speculating on their daychat to push the wagon of DD being scum (that would also reason why Rantai started being so active yet again), shooting him, thus wasting my shot on a townie, and lynching somebody else afterwards - that's why I asked for a flip right after DD's death, but him surviving makes things even easier. he already said "nothing's gonna change" - that would mean he's a deathproof townie (nothing else comes to my mind, a deathproof goon sounds way too OP). not to mention that there's from none to little interaction between them in their posts, they're certainly avoiding that to happen.
  2. if Dake flips scum, then apparently pieguy wasn't bullshitting and he was really hunting for scum, thus rather leaning him to be town, however it's not the case this time.
1. You reliase I have been suspecting DD for legitimate reasons since Night 1 LONG before pieguy or you came along and started suspecting him/threatening to shoot.

2. Pieguy and I not directing posts each other is pure coincidence, I could say that you haven't posted towards BRBP (for example). If you're a hypocrit, you'll say that means nothing.

3. We don't have a definite flip on DD, not even a role. The best we can speculate right now is that he might be a reviver (2 town revivers in 1 game? What.), someone gave him a revive (could be anything) or your kill was actually a fakeshot that stops the lynch for the day.

@DD - I already stated why I am leaning pieguy town.
Lilac
LS has been known to also include false roles as well, so there's a probability we aren't dealing with a cult.

Putting that out there.
Lilac
Also, I don't buy that claim at all. You really don't want to be killed it seems, Rantai.
Rantai
And neither do you, right? Getting nervous there with that quick denounce?

Also I softclaimed that role in day 1.
Royston
Guys, what would be the best strategy for my night action? (assuming I don't spontaneously blow up before the day ends or something)
pieguyn
Deprogrammer is impossible to implement cause a successful target can just reveal the names of all the cult members. The only way is if all the cult members don't know each other, which doesn't make much sense 0.0

I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a false role cause LS loves to put false roles (there was one game with a psychiatrist and there was no SK. this is pretty much the same kind of role with a cult). Besides, IMO cults are complete BS so I'd really hope he wouldn't do this to us > <//

Rantai wrote:

or your kill was actually a fakeshot that stops the lynch for the day.
if that's it I'm seriously going to rage

rEdo, did you only get one shot or are you a permanent dayvig?

1. pieguy <- town
5. Royston <- town
9. Rantai <- deprogrammer

8. rEdo <- dayvig?
3. Sephibro <- NH seemed convinced Tsukasa was town. it depends on what NH flips. but I don't see a reason for scum to just go "hey this guy is town" and NH was killed at night. also we haven't had an investigative role claim yet, certainly at least one would have found one mafia by now if they were alive at this point. I'm willing to assume this guy is town for now, but I may have to reconsider if NH doesn't flip something favorable. fking flips being delayed screws so much up for me orz

2. DakeDekaane <- 1-shot deathproof? 0.0
4. BRBP
6. kookookook <- flaking reads town for me, but that's too weak read = =
7. fartownik
10. Lilac

Dake roleclaim plz. clearly you knew you'd survive a dayvig shot

rEdo or Rantai might be scum too. I wouldn't put it past LS to give scum a weird fakeclaim like that, but I was leaning town on Rantai anyway due to some reasons
pieguyn
@Royston: plz don't motivate me again. there's something I want to look at first
Rantai
If it's a fake role...

*tableflip*

That'd be like a vanilla role hidden as a sick joke to mess with me... freaking LS.
fartownik
Gah, what's going on here.

First of all - I want Sephibro to elaborate on the vote on me. I want everything you got on my case on the table.

Following on the current situation. The flavor of Dake's failed death directs to him being some kind of self-reviver, even the mod uses the word "revival" in the same post a few lines down. I don't like to base on flavor though so it's just a speculation, Dake should claim so we're sure here.

This doesn't confirm rEdo in any way though. Looking at this now, he claimed Vig pretty much out of the blue. He wasn't pushed to the wall, he wasn't asked to claim, he could've claimed D1 or D2 same way as he did D3. The thing is, he might've known his kill would fail and that it would 'confirm' him in one way or another. His pushing to shoot Dake from the beginning of the day was odd too.

About our inability to lynch today - it might have its pluses. If we No Lynch today we can wait for RB and NH flips from tomorrow, seeing if NH was really a Cop and gathering new info out of both alignments. It really is not as bad as it looks.

Also seriously Lilac, you're playing this game or not. Decide, because throwing suspects randomly 'because I have a case on them but am too lazy to explain' is not the way to go.

By the way, what are we discussing here if we can't lynch? And if we can't lynch, shouldn't the day already ended with No Lynch and gone to the Night phase?
Royston

fartownik wrote:

By the way, what are we discussing here if we can't lynch? And if we can't lynch, shouldn't the day already ended with No Lynch and gone to the Night phase?
Well, there's isn't really any point in delaying the day further if we can't lynch anyone...

vote: No Lynch

fartownik wrote:

This doesn't confirm rEdo in any way though. Looking at this now, he claimed Vig pretty much out of the blue. He wasn't pushed to the wall, he wasn't asked to claim, he could've claimed D1 or D2 same way as he did D3. The thing is, he might've known his kill would fail and that it would 'confirm' him in one way or another. His pushing to shoot Dake from the beginning of the day was odd too.
Well, it was Dake himself who was said something about how shooting him was 'pointless'. But a coincidence of rEdo with a fakeshot and dake with some sort of immunity doesn't seem plausible to me. An unlikely theory is that Dake is in cahoots with rEdo and thus rEdo was aware his shot would fail beforehand, with the whole series of events making them both appear more town as you said. But that may be a little too far-fetched for my tastes :)

The vig claim came at a pretty random time though, I agree.
DakeDekaane
I was a 1-shot Self-Reviver. rEdo is truly a dayvig, unless there's another role that can shoot at day.

Royston wrote:

Well, there's isn't really any point in delaying the day further if we can't lynch anyone...
:roll:

Posting more later as I'm tired now -_-
Sephibro

fartownik wrote:

the thought of rEdo and DD being mafia and this being a strategy got to my mind too, but it wasn't rEdo to pressure on shooting DD. It is also true that the third mafia guy could have been the one who pressured to get the shot on DD (pieguy, me and Rantai). Btw mafia with such powers when apparently town has weaker ones would be very broken - so in this case i think this hypothesis shouldn't be trusted too much. It is also possible that there are only 2 mafia with broken powers btw. It would be very strange that they wasted them this way..

I still hope that there's a SK because town needs an ally for nightkills on mafia, especially after a day without Lynch

And Yoshi's death is still a mystery, even if now it's pretty clear that it wasn't a vote manipulation

fartownik wrote:

why are you so impatient of getting your night action?

The sooner we arrive to night, the better it is for mafia. It is in the interest of every town member (maybe it is convenient for SK too) to talk and try to gather as much information as possible before D3 ends

btw games where you don't know the setup from the beginning and where flips are delayed are random as fuck, we are just speculating on the nothing as it could really be ANYTHING (for sure i said it awfully, is this even understandable?)
fartownik

Sephibro wrote:

fartownik wrote:

why are you so impatient of getting your night action?

The sooner we arrive to night, the better it is for mafia. It is in the interest of every town member (maybe it is convenient for SK too) to talk and try to gather as much information as possible before D3 ends
You know we have been able to talk here during the night for all past night phases so far? I don't see how it differs from a regular daytalk besides the fact that it lasts 24 hours.
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
GM Announcement: The problem has been fixed, but we're delaying starting PvP back up until we run a few more tests. Also, if anyone knows GM NoHItter please contact him and have him check in with us.

*NoHItter - Town Cop*

It also seems that nobody saw RB much even IRL. Maybe he just didn't like to be seen?

*Raging Bull - Town Hider*

It is now Night 3.

Deadline is 24 hours.
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
You can still talk this night. *coughforgottopostthat*
DakeDekaane
Well, it seems we were speculating so much about an SK, but it seems you have the reason of two deaths last night. Silly Bully.

Hey, the alignment is there, whooo.
pieguyn
wow

1. pieguy <- town
2. DakeDekaane <- 1-shot self reviver
3. Sephibro <- town
5. Royston <- town
8. rEdo <- dayvig
9. Rantai <- (possibly false) deprogrammer

4. BRBP
6. kookookook
7. fartownik
10. Lilac

that seems way too easy

still waiting for certain people to post. and by certain people, I mean BRBP and Lilac :>
pieguyn
here's the plan for D5 LyLo

BRBP, kook, fartownik, and Lilac claim. to avoid confusion by everyone claiming at once, we do it in some predetermined order unless someone objects
since I doubt kook will even read this though, I don't think we'll get a claim from him >_<//

either way, if we have 4 scum, probably 3 of them are in those 4 people. if the last one isn't, it's rEdo as a mafia dayvig or Dake as a 1-shot deathproof or lynchproof mafia
or possibly Rantai, but we'll have plenty of time to confirm either way
pieguyn
btw, any possible vigilante or other killing role out there should NOT shoot tonight

reason should be obvious, but in case it isn't, we lose if they miss
pieguyn
EBWOP: D4 LyLo

unless something got srsly screwed up somewhere and it's really N4
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
Night extended 24 hrs due to lack of time and comp access.
Royston

LadySuburu wrote:

*NoHItter - Town Cop*

NoHitter wrote:

I'm NOT an investigative role.
show more