forum

Information Mafia

posted
Total Posts
show more
Royston

DakeDekaane wrote:

What I'm saying is that Lilac wasn't introduced in D2, like many of you think, he was playing since D1, LS just messed up the players list, just go to the RVS stage in D1. why he didn't post? I really have no idea.
If he even was allowed to post, I'd say he didn't post as to not reveal his identity. For the sake of argument let's say Lilac was a SK and that he was able to kill N1. The one death N1 (I assume that's the point your making? Correct me if I'm wrong) doesn't really prove anything considering we had a doc (Blue Yoshi) on our side

Royston - town, just a bit noob
I'm trying here :(

Sephibro wrote:

btw almost every suspect is dissipated now, i'll write the reason if LS tells me i can
Great. Another mystery to add to the pile...

DakeDekaane wrote:

Why pieguy? Is he considered town? how did he got towncred?
Well, I consider him town from my position. Unless he's being really sneaky mafia and roleblocked me, and part of his plan was to ask for the person who got motivated to reveal themselves, knowing that there would be no-one...

...Actually, that almost sounds plausible. Um, I need to think about this some more...
DakeDekaane
Hey Rantai, I voted Tsukasa last day, and Blue Yoshi was lynched? Makes sense, I should be vote manipulator 8-)

Sephibro, can you elaborate more about fartownik?

Maybe Yoshi wasn't lynched... have you thought about that?
Rantai
The concept of distancing is unfathomable!

Implying that Tsukasa is your scumbuddy, which is entirely possible seeing as he was afk the entire game.
Rantai
Or you know, using it as a cover to lynch a known (to you) townie and keeping the inactive alive while having an easy vote scapegoat.

So sneaky.
pieguyn
hi Sephibro =w=

Sephibro wrote:

Most retarded D1 ever. I was 95% sure yuno was a jester from 4 or 5 pages before the end of the day. He felt the urge to be lynched, so he started telling bullshit, editing and deleting posts intentionally. I was 100% sure when LS gave him a "second chance" instead of an instant modkill, at that point i would have insisted for him to be modkilled, as it was clear as water that he was a jester.
1. Jester is so uncommonly used and broken cheap that most people don't put one
2. even if it's "obvious", he could just be really bad mafia, so we practically have to policy lynch him

DakeDekaane wrote:

that's one hell of a shitty argument

DakeDekaane wrote:

What I'm saying is that Lilac wasn't introduced in D2, like many of you think, he was playing since D1, LS just messed up the players list, just go to the RVS stage in D1. why he didn't post? I really have no idea.

rEdo, shoot pieguy/Rantai, then you can lynch me if you still want to. Don't shoot Tsukasa/Sephibro until we get the role flip for NH. Why pieguy? Is he considered town? how did he got towncred?; Why Rantai? Because is your other suspect besides Tsukasa and me, it's a null-read for me.
>dayvig wants to shoot him
>he tries to question dayvig's ideas instead of pointing out better scumreads or defending himself

yeah DD is mafia gogogo
Sephibro

pieguy1372 wrote:

1. Jester is so uncommonly used and broken cheap that most people don't put one
2. even if it's "obvious", he could just be really bad mafia, so we practically have to policy lynch him
come on, from his behaviour was clear that he WANTED to be lynched, which is never a mafia-like behaviour, it's a jester's or a mad noob town's who wanted a PR and didn't get it. in both cases, it's in the interest of mafia and towns to keep him alive. but he already won so let's stop discussing about that, i just made an observation there.

pieguy1372 wrote:

>he tries to question dayvig's ideas instead of pointing out better scumreads or defending himself

yeah DD is mafia gogogo
i need to know some things.
1. does dayvig shoot by writing it here in the forum, or does he pm the master?
2. i guess dayvig can shoot only once in the whole game, isn't it?

my plan is:
- rEdo shoots DD
- if he doesn't, we lynch him
- if he does, we lynch farto

gg 100% we get one scum, 60% we get two scums at once (because i'm not actually sure if both dd and farto are mafia)

by the way i didn't like your last sentence, typical mafia behaviour, you're still town to me but a bit closer to mafia now.

Rantai wrote:

The concept of distancing is unfathomable!

Implying that Tsukasa is your scumbuddy, which is entirely possible seeing as he was afk the entire game.
Tsukasa actually played a very good D1 as a town, he has just been afk for too much tume sadly.

DakeDekaane wrote:

Hey Rantai, I voted Tsukasa last day, and Blue Yoshi was lynched? Makes sense, I should be vote manipulator 8-)

Sephibro, can you elaborate more about fartownik?

i've thought about that, and that's why i asked the point 1. about dayvig. by the way it would be completely senseless for a town to shoot one who's most likely town than scum, as he was in that moment. so i have to make some other questions:
1. is there a scum role who can shoot on days too?
2. is vote manipulator town or scum?
3. if he died from vote manipulation, it means that he had received enough votes before, and if i remember well, the votes Yoshi received weren't enough for him to get lynched

I'm still waiting for LS to answer my PM before i can tell why my suspects on kookookook were almost dissipated.
Sephibro
Btw, i don't like the fact that, when rEdo claimed to be a dayvig, nobody actually elaborated a proper town strategy as i just did - i can't clearly identify any of you as a 100% town, except for one.

Of course i have some more questions:
mod: can we both shoot and lynch in the same day? if we can't, it's stupid.
is there a role that can prevent someone to get killed during the night? if yes, i hope he wasn't the one who died the first night.
pieguyn
Btw, i don't like the fact that, when rEdo claimed to be a dayvig, nobody actually elaborated a proper town strategy as i just did - i can't clearly identify any of you as a 100% town, except for one.
I think everyone implicitly assumed rEdo would just shoot the scummiest person and then lynch the second, or lynch rEdo if he was lying. seems pretty intuitive already

by the way i didn't like your last sentence, typical mafia behaviour, you're still town to me but a bit closer to mafia now.
I say stuff like that a lot. in fact I already said it before you replaced in :P just wondering why you don't point it out there.
Sephibro

pieguy1372 wrote:

I say stuff like that a lot. in fact I already said it before you replaced in :P just wondering why you don't point it out there.
i read 42 pages from 2:00 to 5:00 am x.x, i probably missed that

pieguy1372 wrote:

I think everyone implicitly assumed rEdo would just shoot the scummiest person and then lynch the second, or lynch rEdo if he was lying. seems pretty intuitive already
who's "the second"? i guess it's farto, but it isn't clearly stated anywhere.
it's always better to make a strategy public when it's possible to make it within 1 day and it goes 100% in favor of towns. unless you are scum, obv
My vote's still on farto, now we only need to see what will rEdo do, and listen to farto's objection if he has any.
Sephibro
ok i just discovered that Doctor is the role that protects people during nights, and he died already - then ok, it's kinda obvious that there's a SK and i think the main candidates to that role are Rantai and BRBP. It would be just silly if Liliac was the SK and there was no SK death the first night just because he wasn't playing, but we can't discard that chance.

pls answer all my questions so i can elaborate more hipothesys (did i write it correctly?)
pieguyn
who's "the second"?
whoever town thinks is mafia after the first is lynched

(did i write it correctly?)
hypothesis
Rantai
I'm still adamant about some sort of cult (afia?) out there.

I do have my reasons to believing so, it's not just a baseless theory.
Sephibro
- does dayvig shoot by writing it here in the forum, or does he pm the master?
- i guess dayvig can shoot only once in the whole game, isn't it?
- is there a scum role who can shoot on days too?
- is vote manipulator town or scum?

for now, i need answers toi these question, if you have any pls tell me.

pieguy1372 wrote:

hypothesis
thanks
VoidnOwO
:)
Rantai
1. Depends on the host. They can go either way.

2. Usually we see 1-shot dayvigs but it's possible they can shoot multiple times if the host allows.

3. I haven't seen one before but considering this is an LS game, anything is possible

4. It can go both ways depending again on host
Sephibro

LadySuburu wrote:

Reality has shifted slightly.
IMPORTANT: this is the post just before Yoshi's death. That could really be a vote manipulation, in that case, the vote manipulator is 100% scum, and if i remember well, DD claimed to be a vote manipulator (or was it someone else? i should take some notes next time).

It could have been the dayvig who can kill just sending a PM to the mod, but if the dayvig is town he would have had no reasons to do that, and the day wouldn't have ended in that case. And LS wouldn't have written "Reality has shifted slightly".

There's still the possibility of a mafia role who can shoot during the day. But it would be too strong so it needs limitations. which could be?
- only 1 bullet in the entire game?
- does he die the night after shooting? this is also possible because:

LadySuburu wrote:

RB - ??? - Dissapeared N2
NoHItter - ??? - Dissapeared N2
there were 2 deaths N2, while only 1 death N1, it could have been the doctor, but it could have been something like this too. But probably LS wouldn't have no reasons to write "Reality has shifted slightly" in this case too.

-> I still think that SK is the most accredited hypothesis, but we can't discard any.
fartownik
I'm sorry for not being active here, I will post up tomorrow morning since I'm fairly tired tonight.

tl;dr: prod dodge
rEdo

Sephibro wrote:

- does dayvig shoot by writing it here in the forum, or does he pm the master? he has to write it here, which I will do now
- i guess dayvig can shoot only once in the whole game, isn't it? depends on the mod, but most usually once per game, just like a regular vigilante
- is there a scum role who can shoot on days too? it's pretty rarely seen, but I'm not one if that's what you're trying to imply :­P
- is vote manipulator town or scum? can be either pro-town or pro-scum.

Rantai wrote:

mind to elaborate?

anyway, I guess the majority is now okay with that, especially these posts signalized me that we're off to go.

DakeDekaane wrote:

rEdo, shoot pieguy/Rantai, then you can lynch me if you still want to.
sounds like baloney, or he actually might have something

pieguy1372 wrote:

and yeah, that's caught my attention myself. instead of trying to reason why he shouldn't be scum, he just simple-mindedly told me to shoot somebody else. I guess that should do.

inb4 Dake flips town, I doubt it though
Shoot: DakeDekaane

Mod: will we get the flip right away?
DakeDekaane
Geez.

rEdo, I told you to not waste your shot on me, everything will remain the same, anyways.

FoS: Rantai

Why pieguy is town for you?

Rantai wrote:

Or you know, using it as a cover to lynch a known (to you) townie and keeping the inactive alive while having an easy vote scapegoat.

So sneaky.
What?

Vote: pieguy

pieguy1372 wrote:

DakeDekaane wrote:

that's one hell of a shitty argument
The discredit post here is hard, you didn't elaborate on why it was a shitty argument, which imo it isn't, Tsukasa had 2 votes and Yoshi 1, that's what I brought that.

pieguy1372 wrote:

DakeDekaane wrote:

rEdo, shoot pieguy/Rantai, then you can lynch me if you still want to. Don't shoot Tsukasa/Sephibro until we get the role flip for NH. Why pieguy? Is he considered town? how did he got towncred?; Why Rantai? Because is your other suspect besides Tsukasa and me, it's a null-read for me.

yeah DD is mafia gogogo
So I should have pointed better scumreads to you say I was deflecting attention and so, you can still scumpainting me too? Sure.

I got tired of this. You guys are blind.

@Sephibro: I didn't claim vote manipulator in any moment, but you have a point on LS's post.
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
Let me get home, and then I'll update the thread based on happenings. ETA 20ish minutes.
Topic Starter
LadySuburu

rEdo wrote:

Shoot: DakeDekaane
*rEdo turns towards Dake, firing a magical bolt at him. Dake is impaled by the bolt, and collapses...*

*...But a magical glow surrounds Dake, and he stands back up again, unharmed.*

GM Announcement: We've noticed a problem with our PVP system, so we're shutting off PVP for repairs tonight. Please bear with us while we work on this problem.

Dake's revival means there's no lynch today.

Deadline for today is 24 hours from now. Deadline can be ended early by voting No Lynch, or extended once by 24 hours by voting Extend Deadline.
Sephibro
wtf is happening here
rEdo
wow, things went better than expected. I did expect Dake to be town, so here I am to state my hypothesis that I came up with after certain people started to tell me to shoot him:

PIEGUY AND RANTAI HAVE A HIGH POSSIBILITY TO BE SCUM.

I had that suspicion right from the start when Rantai and pieguy were rather forcing the idea of me shooting Dake, which caught my eye, so I tagged along in their play with a gambit. here are my thoughts so far:
  1. if Dake flips town, then pieguy and Rantai apparently were speculating on their daychat to push the wagon of DD being scum (that would also reason why Rantai started being so active yet again), shooting him, thus wasting my shot on a townie, and lynching somebody else afterwards - that's why I asked for a flip right after DD's death, but him surviving makes things even easier. he already said "nothing's gonna change" - that would mean he's a deathproof townie (nothing else comes to my mind, a deathproof goon sounds way too OP). not to mention that there's from none to little interaction between them in their posts, they're certainly avoiding that to happen.
  2. if Dake flips scum, then apparently pieguy wasn't bullshitting and he was really hunting for scum, thus rather leaning him to be town, however it's not the case this time.
I'll just drop that by for now. of course there is a possibility that I'm wrong, but I'm rather convinced my theory is right.

Vote: Rantai
Lilac
I think it's pieguy, Rantai and farto.

I do have a case for all 3 but...laziness. Give me a bit.
pieguyn
what makes you so sure Dake is town? knowing LS I wouldn't be surprised to see a 1-shot deathproof mafia or SK (more likely SK, cause SK by itself is so hard to win with > <, so it often comes with modifiers like bulletproof etc. that give better odds)

btw keep in mind I accused Dake before you did. I do agree it's weird how Rantai just followed us though :?

DakeDekaane wrote:

The discredit post here is hard, you didn't elaborate on why it was a shitty argument, which imo it isn't, Tsukasa had 2 votes and Yoshi 1, that's what I brought that.
I figured it had to have been a lynch because it ended day, there weren't any other deaths that day, and it was at deadline IIRC (?).

DakeDekaane wrote:

So I should have pointed better scumreads to you say I was deflecting attention and so, you can still scumpainting me too? Sure.

I got tired of this. You guys are blind.
if you really wanted to find out who the mafia was IMO you would have said more. Not doing something under the assumption that "I'll still scumpaint you anyway" makes no sense as town whatsoever. If you were town, you'd do it anyway, let me scumpaint you, and then scumhunt me by calling me out for scumpainting you. but nope
Sephibro

LadySuburu wrote:

rEdo wrote:

Dake's revival means there's no lynch today.
i hope i misunderstood this.

btw, what do we know so far:

- rEdo, Royston and Sephibro are town
- kookookook is most likely town (i think kookookook is town because if he was mafia LS would have used me to replaced him instead of Tsukasa)
- DakeDekaane is most likely SK, or town with PR
- pieguy, BRBP, fartownik, Rantai, Lilas: all mafia are probably in this group

now, let's come to the important things
how many are mafia? 3-4, most likely 3 i would say
already 5 people died, at least 4 of them were town (in case one among RB or NH were the SK, but it's just 8% chance). at 92%, 5 towns died. that's bad, we need to hurry
in order to hurry, we need the help of the SK to get rid of all the mafia asap - it's in SK's interest to kill mafia and now it's in the interest of mafia to kill the SK

DakeDekaane could have survived because he's a PR that allows him to survive lynch or he is a 1-shot bulletproof SK (most likely this one)

mod: can we lynch this turn then? and can i have a vote count of D2?
Lilac
Hold on, rEdo. If you think that Dake was town why the hell did you shoot him under peer pressure? You could have shot one of the other guys who was

Also, I really do not like how pieguy is playing in this game.
Sephibro

pieguy1372 wrote:

1-shot deathproof mafia or SK
you anticipated me, i agree on this point

pieguy1372 wrote:

if you really wanted to find out who the mafia was IMO you would have said more.

pieguy1372 wrote:

you looked very town-like on D2, you are looking always less town-like on D3. you had the urge to kill DakeDekaane without thinking much more upon it, and you didn't propose a pro town strategy as i was expecting
I would like to hear more from Rantai, BRBP and Lilac, farto already said that he would tell his impressions this morning
At the moment i think BRBP is the one with the highest chance of being a town in the "potential mafia" group
Topic Starter
LadySuburu

Sephibro wrote:

mod: can we lynch this turn then? and can i have a vote count of D2?
Dake's revival has stopped there from being a lynch Day 3.

As for a Day 2 vote count, that's a pain and I said I wouldn't, but I guess I can.

At the end of the day, the official vote count looked like this:

Tsukasa (2) - Dake, kookookook
Yoshi (1) - RB
BRBP (1) - pieguy
kookookook (1) - farto
rEdo (1) - pieguy
Lilac (1) - Royston
farto (1) - Lilac
Dake (1) - Rantai
Royston (1) - rEdo
Nothing of note hidden here, go away.
rEdo

Sephibro wrote:

i think kookookook is town because if he was mafia LS would have used me to replaced him instead of Tsukasa
no, you took Tsukasa's seat just because he has asked for replacement way earlier than kook. alignment has nothing to do with that.

Lilac wrote:

Hold on, rEdo. If you think that Dake was town why the hell did you shoot him under peer pressure?
that's why I said it's a gambit - now at least I've confirmed some of my suspicions.

gonna post more tomorrow, right now barely postng this x.x
Royston
wow I'm just abouf to post and then a bunch of other posts come in, can't be assed to change my post on phone

It seems pretty clear like we're not going to be able to lynch today. This is pretty terrible. Dake/rEdo, did either of you know this sort of thing would result in us not being able to lynch?

I still don't like how everyone is assuming there's a SK. For all I know, the second night kill could have been a vigilante, PGO etc. But I hope you're right, because we need a SK to kill some mafia otherwise we're probably fucked.

To reply to an earlier point, I'm not sure that 'reality has shifted' message has anything to do with the voting thing either, since the mod said that it wasn't related in the post after that. And I'm holding onto this dearly:

LadySuburu wrote:

However, I will not lie this game, as that's not this game's gimmick.
Sephibro

Sephibro wrote:

@everybody: please explain abbreviations the first time you use them, i'm new to forum mafia, it would help me very much :) Example: " [...] FoS (=Finger of Suspicion + brief explaination)"
^pls don't forget this, it's my first time on forum mafia

what's PGO?

btw i don't think that a vigilante would have done that move, unless he's completely retarded. if you are a vigilante you are town, and your interest is to protect town and kill mafia, not killing random.
If it's not a SK, probably RB or NH had a PR that causes to be killed if processing an action on the one who gets killed that night

But i still hope there's a SK because he has to kill some mafias during the night, or we'll be in trouble
Lilac
Paranoid Gun Owner.

A role that kills anyone who tries to target it at night. However, this is very unlikely. I have some idea what's happening and to be honest, it's not looking good.

Umm, give me... a few hours, I need to get into the mood to play this and it's draining ever since. Forum mafia is killing me inside.
pieguyn

Lilac wrote:

Also, I really do not like how pieguy is playing in this game.
:cry: I hope you mean you think I'm scum and not personal dislike

I have some ideas, but I wanna wait till certain people post. :>
Rantai

rEdo wrote:

Rantai wrote:

mind to elaborate?
Roleclaim: Strong-Willed Deprogrammer

I cannot deprogram the cult leader but I can deprogram any other cult member. I cannot be recruited.

rEdo wrote:

I had that suspicion right from the start when Rantai and pieguy were rather forcing the idea of me shooting Dake, which caught my eye, so I tagged along in their play with a gambit. here are my thoughts so far:
  1. if Dake flips town, then pieguy and Rantai apparently were speculating on their daychat to push the wagon of DD being scum (that would also reason why Rantai started being so active yet again), shooting him, thus wasting my shot on a townie, and lynching somebody else afterwards - that's why I asked for a flip right after DD's death, but him surviving makes things even easier. he already said "nothing's gonna change" - that would mean he's a deathproof townie (nothing else comes to my mind, a deathproof goon sounds way too OP). not to mention that there's from none to little interaction between them in their posts, they're certainly avoiding that to happen.
  2. if Dake flips scum, then apparently pieguy wasn't bullshitting and he was really hunting for scum, thus rather leaning him to be town, however it's not the case this time.
1. You reliase I have been suspecting DD for legitimate reasons since Night 1 LONG before pieguy or you came along and started suspecting him/threatening to shoot.

2. Pieguy and I not directing posts each other is pure coincidence, I could say that you haven't posted towards BRBP (for example). If you're a hypocrit, you'll say that means nothing.

3. We don't have a definite flip on DD, not even a role. The best we can speculate right now is that he might be a reviver (2 town revivers in 1 game? What.), someone gave him a revive (could be anything) or your kill was actually a fakeshot that stops the lynch for the day.

@DD - I already stated why I am leaning pieguy town.
Lilac
LS has been known to also include false roles as well, so there's a probability we aren't dealing with a cult.

Putting that out there.
Lilac
Also, I don't buy that claim at all. You really don't want to be killed it seems, Rantai.
Rantai
And neither do you, right? Getting nervous there with that quick denounce?

Also I softclaimed that role in day 1.
Royston
Guys, what would be the best strategy for my night action? (assuming I don't spontaneously blow up before the day ends or something)
pieguyn
Deprogrammer is impossible to implement cause a successful target can just reveal the names of all the cult members. The only way is if all the cult members don't know each other, which doesn't make much sense 0.0

I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a false role cause LS loves to put false roles (there was one game with a psychiatrist and there was no SK. this is pretty much the same kind of role with a cult). Besides, IMO cults are complete BS so I'd really hope he wouldn't do this to us > <//

Rantai wrote:

or your kill was actually a fakeshot that stops the lynch for the day.
if that's it I'm seriously going to rage

rEdo, did you only get one shot or are you a permanent dayvig?

1. pieguy <- town
5. Royston <- town
9. Rantai <- deprogrammer

8. rEdo <- dayvig?
3. Sephibro <- NH seemed convinced Tsukasa was town. it depends on what NH flips. but I don't see a reason for scum to just go "hey this guy is town" and NH was killed at night. also we haven't had an investigative role claim yet, certainly at least one would have found one mafia by now if they were alive at this point. I'm willing to assume this guy is town for now, but I may have to reconsider if NH doesn't flip something favorable. fking flips being delayed screws so much up for me orz

2. DakeDekaane <- 1-shot deathproof? 0.0
4. BRBP
6. kookookook <- flaking reads town for me, but that's too weak read = =
7. fartownik
10. Lilac

Dake roleclaim plz. clearly you knew you'd survive a dayvig shot

rEdo or Rantai might be scum too. I wouldn't put it past LS to give scum a weird fakeclaim like that, but I was leaning town on Rantai anyway due to some reasons
show more