forum

My Mum has made me delete osu. What do i do!?!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Taadashi

Tuxdude143 wrote:

Still she's basiclly saying "Stop playing that game because it will hurt your wrists and I would rather have you working on your game without relaxing every now and then so to have you rageing at unity because some code won't work." Basicly she wants to distroy my fun.
Tell her that you can't work 24/7 on your game without any kind of relaxation and that Osu! is the best relaxing tool you've got available. Sounds like she wants to make a slave out of you man. :(
Foxtrot
Is your mom Asian?
Topic Starter
EZ2ACTux
I told her that but she wouldn't budge. She said I was adicted and that the best was to stop the addiction is to "push the reset button" aka remove the addiction from my life and do something else. I told her that I play it to have a rest and im not accicted because im doing other stuff but she didn't listen.
And its term 3 of school over here. Middle of winter. And I live in new zealand not australia
GladiOol
hahahahahahahhahahahaaaahha
Topic Starter
EZ2ACTux

Dulcet wrote:

Is your mom Asian?
Nada (I just knew someone would ask that)
Shes English
Syrus
Nothing but cri...
Then re-install.
mathexpert

mathexpert9981 wrote:

It's summer break anyways (I think, not sure how Australia's school system works), so you could probably afford to play a bit of osu.

Tuxdude143 wrote:

And its term 3 of school over here. Middle of winter. And I live in new zealand not australia
well, fuck.
AmberLynx
i think there are other things that'd hurt your wrist more than spinners..specially when you're 14.
HeatKai
my manly senses are tingling.
Aqo
k not sure if to laugh

let me give you a spoiler

you will never finish programming a game on your own. there. hope this didn't come out as too much of a shock.

now quit osu anyway because -

1. it really does hurt the wrists after you get to a certain level of playing. you may end up with serious medical complications. I'm speaking from experience here
2. once you play enough you will start hating this game and would regret wasting your time on it, but won't be able to quit due to all of the time that you already spent (i.e. wasted)
3. the music sucks
Taadashi

salted_nuts wrote:

i think there are other things that'd hurt your wrist more than spinners..specially when you're 14.
Lol, could see this coming. xD
Topic Starter
EZ2ACTux

salted_nuts wrote:

agreed. She's making too big of a deal about it
Topic Starter
EZ2ACTux

Aqo wrote:

k not sure if to laugh

you will never finish programming a game on your own. there. hope this didn't come out as too much of a shock.

1. it really does hurt the wrists after you get to a certain level of playing. you may end up with serious medical complications. I'm speaking from experience here
2. once you play enough you will start hating this game and would regret wasting your time on it, but won't be able to quit due to all of the time that you already spent (i.e. wasted)
3. the music sucks
I've had programming experiance. A lot of experiance. I have programmed mobile apps, a game or two and some applications. I can do it.
boat
kill mum problem solved
mathexpert

boat wrote:

kill mum problem solved
-Ryosuke
force your mother to play osu! and then play with her
Aqo

Tuxdude143 wrote:

I've had programming experiance. A lot of experiance. I have programmed mobile apps, a game or two and some applications. I can do it.
I've spent two years working with 3D modeling and have made over 400 models that were widely used in mods for various video games.
Been programming since age 7, developed my own optimizations for pathfinding algorithms, wrote a self-learning chess AI, have modded video games for years replacing both data and code and created a fully functional RTS mod on my own over the course of two years.
Have made stand alone games in 3 programming languages (java, C++, VB6) as well as having wrote multiple graphical engines with different looping optimizations in mind.
Studied networking code and rollback algorithm, collision detection in 3D space, as well as a whole ton of pointer optimization theory for C++.

I'm telling you with full confidence,
you will not make a game. It's a nice dream everybody has at some point. It aint happening.
Taadashi

Aqo wrote:

k not sure if to laugh

3. the music sucks
First off, it depends on what kind of game he's trying to make.

And:

1. Yes it is true, but medical complications may appear due to computer-usage in general.

2. Depends on the person and of what value the game has for that specific person. Maybe you're speaking purely from your own experience here as well?

3. Wait what?
Topic Starter
EZ2ACTux
Well im making the game in unity so the graphics engine is already working. First person camera is working, I already have basic gameplay down so its mainly level design now. I actually BET you a year supporter tag that I will get a working demo of this game out!!
Sleepy Tori

Tuxdude143 wrote:

Well im making the game in unity so the graphics engine is already working. First person camera is working, I already have basic gameplay down so its mainly level design now. I actually BET you a year supporter tag that I will get a working demo of this game out!!
im am so seriously interested in your game now o.O
not being sarcastic

onto the mom problem.

This is why i don't tell my mom anything. My mom is Asian but as long as she doesn't know. she doesn't care XD

But seriously. tell your mom that playing osu relieves ur stress from making game and programming all day. i dunno.
or make a deal and say you'll play a less amount
Topic Starter
EZ2ACTux
Yeah. I'll try that.
Oh and thanks for showing intrest in my game!! If you want I can pm you some beta versions and tech demos when their ready!
Sleepy Tori

Tuxdude143 wrote:

Yeah. I'll try that.
Oh and thanks for showing intrest in my game!! If you want I can pm you some beta versions and tech demos when their ready!
Really? that would be amazing!
Can't wait to test them out :D

Good luck with ur mom XD
Topic Starter
EZ2ACTux
Your welcome! I'm early into development but I can send you a tech demo of the first gimmick in a small room. Consider it a special test build look!
Shohei Ohtani
You better hurry up with your convincing because our wedding is in a week.
Topic Starter
EZ2ACTux
*headdesk*
Taadashi

CDFA wrote:

You better hurry up with your convincing because our wedding is in a week.
Lol, CDFA you stalker. :P
Kaona
I just play for fun now so I don't have to worry about wrists, fingers or anything else hurting. My rank is seriously suffering but it's not like it matters to me anymore.

Just play when she's not looking or something if all else fails lol.
Topic Starter
EZ2ACTux
Thats what I would do, the problem is my computer is on the dining room table so everyone can see it
Shohei Ohtani
Why is your computer on the dining room table isnt that where like people eat
Topic Starter
EZ2ACTux
Yes it is but the table is fricking huge (around 2 and a half meters long)
Sleepy Tori
Eating on dining tables is way too mainstream ;3

(omg getting a short game demo!
IMA PLAY THAT SO HARD!)
Shohei Ohtani
So when you eat dinner do you just like the computer is like right there
Topic Starter
EZ2ACTux

CDFA wrote:

So when you eat dinner do you just like the computer is like right there
Yup. Its right there
Topic Starter
EZ2ACTux

snlrocks wrote:

Eating on dining tables is way too mainstream ;3

(omg getting a short game demo!
IMA PLAY THAT SO HARD!)
It may take a while for it to be done and ready and it won't be much (very early alpha) but it will be something
Sleepy Tori
-mindblown-
*.*
Topic Starter
EZ2ACTux

snlrocks wrote:

-mindblown-
*.*
Its no big. I'll TRY my best to get a basic alpha to you today with a basic room with a gimmick programmed in with some basic textures and maybe a menu.
Sleepy Tori
take as much time as u need :D
just PM me when ur ready.
I try to help out as much as i can. (tho i don't think i can do much -.-')

(am im considered as your
beta-tester? XD)
Topic Starter
EZ2ACTux

snlrocks wrote:

take as much time as u need :D
just PM me when ur ready.
I try to help out as much as i can. (tho i don't think i can do much -.-')

(am im considered as your
beta-tester? XD)
Thanks for the help offer!
Yes you are considered my beta tester. Your name will be included in the credits for beta and alpha testing. Also can you do 3d modeling or voice acting because I need 3d modeling and maybe voice acting for a tutorial
Sleepy Tori
hmmm. im not sure if i can do 3d modeling becuase i don't have any experience or programs(and knowledge). But i could always learn. ;D
but voice acting may be a possiblilty. I have really good equipment at home for voice acting but sadly, they belong to my older brother. i would have to convince him to let me borrow his computer and expensive equipment and i see the chances of him agreeing are 10%.
I really love voice acting though (i do it as a hobby) so i'll try to make that an option.
If you have anything else i can help out with, please let me know :D

P.S. i have the voice of a 13 year old girl because that is what i am XD (don't worry i can bend it)
Topic Starter
EZ2ACTux

snlrocks wrote:

hmmm. im not sure if i can do 3d modeling becuase i don't have any experience or programs(and knowledge). But i could always learn. ;D
but voice acting may be a possiblilty. I have really good equipment at home for voice acting but sadly, they belong to my older brother. i would have to convince him to let me borrow his computer and expensive equipment and i see the chances of him agreeing are 10%.
I really love voice acting though (i do it as a hobby) so i'll try to make that an option.
If you have anything else i can help out with, please let me know :D

P.S. i have the voice of a 13 year old girl because that is what i am XD (don't worry i can bend it)
Thats actually perfect for the context. I was aiming for a kind of computerised female voice for the tutorial levels and some other stuff. So you should fit the bill for voice acting. Btw a little tip. If you have a playstation 2 singstar microphone try using that because it has VERY good sound and record quality
show more