forum

animated scorebar-bg?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Farnezin
i want to have a animated scorebar-bg
JustABeginner
Hmm... There's also one request asked for animated scorebar-bg.
Link: Here

But I see that it's getting ignored or mislooked. :\

But then in that same thread, peppy is concerning about the performance optimisation.
And I can agree on that.

If you apply both scorebar-bg and scorebar-colour animated, it will take longer time for a beatmap to load up, for an example. Needless to say, it takes up a lot of RAM and slows down osu!, not forgetting to mention those who can't afford a high standard setup. And consider using multiple .png file as gifs, it uses a lot of storage just for a single skin folder.

But that's just my point of view about it. .-.

You can continue with the request.
Topic Starter
Farnezin

JustABeginner wrote:

Hmm... There's also one request asked for animated scorebar-bg.
Link: Here

But I see that it's getting ignored or mislooked. :\

But then in that same thread, peppy is concerning about the performance optimisation.
And I can agree on that.

If you apply both scorebar-bg and scorebar-colour animated, it will take longer time for a beatmap to load up, for an example. Needless to say, it takes up a lot of RAM and slows down osu!, not forgetting to mention those who can't afford a high standard setup. And consider using multiple .png file as gifs, it uses a lot of storage just for a single skin folder.

But that's just my point of view about it. .-.

You can continue with the request.
but for the "performance optimization" we allready have it on the skins, with the non-animated versions, sd and hd versions, if we want, we'll use the animated one and it takes longer to load the beatmap (just the first when u change the skin or when u just launched osu!) and the last thing: the most skins have folders on them to customize with pre-made PNGs and whatever u want just *one* non-animated feature, and there it goes (i just think that is for performance, but the person who's playing need to choose for loading or good skins, and i think the heaviest skin ever, is the "Jesusomega").