1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings
show more
posted
sorry maybe I was too vague

posted

Aqo wrote:

sorry maybe I was too vague

yea, all those people who stream 280 BPM are lies or errors in the matrix.

aqo, you got even more ridiculous since I stiopped being active in gameplay and rankings.
posted

Tanzklaue wrote:

yea, all those people who stream 280 BPM are lies or errors in the matrix.
not sure if seriously stupid or just troll
posted
Staiain played ascension to heaven DT iirc. Are you saying he was born with the gift of streaming instead of getting better at it after playing stepmania for years?

I don't really understand what you're trying to say, Aqo.
posted

Aqo wrote:

Tanzklaue wrote:

yea, all those people who stream 280 BPM are lies or errors in the matrix.
not sure if seriously stupid or just troll
I think you should take a break from osu theorizing.

according to you, things like DTiezi from 2012/13 and the steady speedimprovement from thelewa, and basically 90% of the people who ever ventured beyond 210 BPM shouldn't be able to exist.
posted

BRBP wrote:

Staiain played ascension to heaven DT
and FC'd

yeah no

clicking on top of an X bpm stream doesn't mean you're actually streaming that bpm. I can pass 255bpm streams by streaming 190bpm on them, and even FC stacks at that bpm as long as they're below 10 circles. Clicking the start too early doesn't mean you magically streamed faster.
posted
Guys the graph did say "training" - playing the game isn't really training.

Btw derailing thread.
posted

Luna wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/p/ppv2/
Still in the works, but the basic skeleton already exists as you can see
gosh, that ranking system is worse than ranked score
posted

Macacito wrote:

Luna wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/p/ppv2/
Still in the works, but the basic skeleton already exists as you can see
gosh, that ranking system is worse than ranked score
LemonWater overpowered. histograph ends at 2010, still rank 83.
posted
osu! could pull a TnT and copy jubeat with a new scoring mode that's out of 1,000,000 www
posted

Dexus wrote:

Macacito wrote:

who the hell are you
You must be new around here. Cyclone is a really good player and was really pronounced early on in the community.

Blast from the past time



I'm in agreence with him though, mods with crap accuracy destroy people with good accuracy and less/no mods. People get rewarded more for doing bad, it just doesn't make sense.
lol, people still have that picture. I had to answer so many questions about how i got 1 point.
posted
Well just a different scoring system does not make it inaccurate. The better you do in the song without missing the more you get rewarded and if you got bad luck and miss in an easy part you will probably think too that this play is "not good" and are not expecting a good score.

And then on the other hand getting through the toughest part in the song (that actually makes the difficulty of the song) without any misses you really dominated the song and your combo keeps going and its rewarding.

And then again you could miss in the hardest parts and break your combo but play with a very nice accuracy and beat players that can play patterns you miss on, but you got higher precision and score?

I think its just 2 different and okay point of views on what is seen on what is difficult to do
posted
Go here for a still relatively inaccurate player ranking but relatively accurate individual score ranking list: http://osutp.net/players
It takes combo into account, but not to the extent that the osu! scoring does. While combo is clearly important, because it shows how long a player can consistently execute patterns, it's not quite as important as osu! makes it out to be.

Also, what was that "Efficiency" stat in that old picture of the ranking list?
posted

Kyou-kun wrote:

Go here for a still relatively inaccurate player ranking but relatively accurate individual score ranking list: http://osutp.net/players
It takes combo into account, but not to the extent that the osu! scoring does. While combo is clearly important, because it shows how long a player can consistently execute patterns, it's not quite as important as osu! makes it out to be.

Also, what was that "Efficiency" stat in that old picture of the ranking list?
I remember it is if you quit a song it counts to it. That was really long ago uh... If you play every song to the end your eff is 100 but that stat was not reliable because of retries
posted

Cyclone wrote:

lol, people still have that picture. I had to answer so many questions about how i got 1 point.
Good times right? Ahh... The good old days. I'm still happy to just play this game, I'm starting to care less and less about rank and more about just improving.
posted

silmarilen wrote:

except that you will
ive been getting better at streaming, i started off not eveing being able to do anything more than 7 notes on any bpm, now i can do 30-40 notes on 200 bpm when im warmed up
What he means is that it is still possibly the hardest thing to train and improve at. For instance, I never really trained my speed/endurance@streaming yet I'm better at that than many players with over 100k plays. You say you had to practice to do those 30~40 notes on 200 BPM. I could do that (and more) a few weeks after I started playing, and it didn't even feel hard or anything. You had to put around 85k plays to reach that point, and still not able to beat some other players (talking about SPEED AND ENDURANCE on streaming) with 1k plays.

He just means improving your speed and endurance at that is really hard, and for some reason some people seem to be better at it for no real reason.

Tanzklaue wrote:

according to you, things like DTiezi from 2012/13 and the steady speedimprovement from thelewa, and basically 90% of the people who ever ventured beyond 210 BPM shouldn't be able to exist.
Well, 99,999% of osu! players can't do that. And surprise, most of those who can do super fast DTs became fast like it was nothing or never had to get fast because they were already fast when they started playing. thelewa is probably one of the most dedicated players in this game, not only one of the highest play counts but also someone who probably (sorry if I'm wrong) played offline, so you can even add more to that. His effort paid off and he got way faster than he was, 150k plays to be able to do stuff some players could do at 3k? We are obviously missing something about this, I doubt there is a talent/gift about being fast as smashing two keys.
posted

Cyclone wrote:

lol, people still have that picture. I had to answer so many questions about how i got 1 point.
so... how DID you get 1 point?
posted
Mathcrafting and score-mods.

Playing a 1-star difficulty song with score-mods to make my multiplier low enough can literally make it so a 50 at 2x combo gives 51 points. I just had to improve the score I got to get the even 4.5 billion by 1 point.
posted

Wishy wrote:

Tanzklaue wrote:

according to you, things like DTiezi from 2012/13 and the steady speedimprovement from thelewa, and basically 90% of the people who ever ventured beyond 210 BPM shouldn't be able to exist.
Well, 99,999% of osu! players can't do that. And surprise, most of those who can do super fast DTs became fast like it was nothing or never had to get fast because they were already fast when they started playing. thelewa is probably one of the most dedicated players in this game, not only one of the highest play counts but also someone who probably (sorry if I'm wrong) played offline, so you can even add more to that. His effort paid off and he got way faster than he was, 150k plays to be able to do stuff some players could do at 3k? We are obviously missing something about this, I doubt there is a talent/gift about being fast as smashing two keys.
lewa can do 220 BPM streams no problem. I personally know noone who can do that with under 30k playcount and without prior experience in rhythm games/music instruments like piano.

also, the jesuses, the doomsdays, the cookiezis... they all have incredibly high playcounts. they worked a lot to get where they are now, and to say that they just could do it and didn't have to move a muscle is downright insulting. you can get very far with enough dedication, in every aspect of the game.


and I think aqo meant that with the exception of a few people literally noone can stream above 200 BPM. which is untrue. if he meant it the way you said, that it is the hardest skill to raise, then yea, i would agree. but that wasn't his point I fear.
posted

Tanzklaue wrote:

lewa can do 220 BPM streams no problem. I personally know noone who can do that with under 30k playcount and without prior experience in rhythm games/music instruments like piano.

also, the jesuses, the doomsdays, the cookiezis... they all have incredibly high playcounts. they worked a lot to get where they are now, and to say that they just could do it and didn't have to move a muscle is downright insulting. you can get very far with enough dedication, in every aspect of the game.


and I think aqo meant that with the exception of a few people literally noone can stream above 200 BPM. which is untrue. if he meant it the way you said, that it is the hardest skill to raise, then yea, i would agree. but that wasn't his point I fear.
I could do 220 BPM (or more) with 3k plays (yes, 3, not 30, 3). My experience on rhythm games was close to none, never played a musical instrument. I know people with over 30k plays that is just terrible, damn I even remember some 70k players that were worse than 20k. lewa is an exception, most people you find on the top, as far as I know, improved really fast, in fact, lewa has played way more than Cookiezi, yet he is 2~3 years behind him.

Some people is just better than other people on some things, that's the point. You can get very far with dedication, yes, but the fact that you have to play 100k times to beat the speed someone else had before 5k plays is like... uhm, I don't know why it happens. Aqo's point was that yeah, streaming speed and endurance are the hardest skills to improve, you CAN improve but it's hard as fuck, up to the point that most slow players will remain slow forever unless they become the guy with the most plays (pretty much).
show more
Please sign in to reply.