16.48%
tablet only, no buttons
3.41%
other (PLEASE EXPLAIN IN A POST)
3.41%
Total votes: 176
show more
nardii
Option #3, more specifically z/x with my middle finger leading. I like to call this Guitar Hero style.
Skyripper

optical mouse + 2 fingers on keyboard + spin with left and right click (for some reason)
Daru

I alternate between pen taps and a physical button on the side of my tablet.
Metroid

Right hand on the old compaq ball mouse with left clicks for everything.
and my left hand at z/x on the keyboard for triplet notes.
aallie_old

tablet pen on right hand + left index finger on 'X' key.
(same applies for spinners)
Topic Starter
Chaos Anime X

0_o wrote:

Also, laptop trackpad + z/x / click / z/x&click (though that would be weird)

anyway I use z/x + mouse, my mouse buttons are too resistant to click effectively. Also when I am single finger-ing I use z with my middle finger.
Honestly? you don't use a laptop trackpad do you? the ones built into it? The flat ones you move your fingers on?

If anyone does this, normally, please share how you manage it!
0_o
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Dean
I use trackpad for spinners and touchpoint for everything else, which is part of the reason why my brother who joined two days ago already has better mouse control than I ever did.
peppy
Why don't you make this an actual poll >.>.
Skyripper
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Lybydose
1 - Mouse with left click only for about 90% of songs. I occasionally use right/left click for 1/4 stacks (high BPM). I use Z/X for non-stacked 1/4 streams on 170+ BPM songs unless it's a stream of only 3, then I left click.
Lesjuh
tablet + 1-2 fingers on keyboard
Soaprman
Mostly mouse-only (left/right click), but I keep fingers on W/E in really hard maps for deathstreams should they come up.
Lucidity
You left out Laser mouse in the mouse list. I don't think there's a need to specify all the different types if you just mean any kind of mouse anyway? :P

Change the poll to "Mouse" without the specific types and then host it :O

Or alternatively, list the different types of mouse as different options ;p
Topic Starter
Chaos Anime X

Lucidity wrote:

You left out Laser mouse in the mouse list. I don't think there's a need to specify all the different types if you just mean any kind of mouse anyway? :P

I'm quite sure optical mice and laser mice are the same thing, don't quote me on that though.
I don't know of any other type of mouse you use like an optical or old ball mouse, and if anyone knows of one, please share! Trackballs are different than optical or ball mice, which are both very similar compared to a trackball.
LilyPichu
Tablet only, no buttons. :S Easiest for me.
nsane
Lucidity

chaosanime wrote:

Lucidity wrote:

I'm quite sure optical mice and laser mice are the same thing, don't quote me on that though.
I don't know of any other type of mouse you use like an optical or old ball mouse, and if anyone knows of one, please share! Trackballs are different than optical or ball mice, which are both very similar compared to a trackball.
Lol, no they're not :P They utilise different technologies.

But, people will get the general idea. I just thought it's a bit silly to specify all the types of mouse explicitly when you're referring to the group as a whole :P
anonymous_old

Skyripper wrote:

optical mouse + 2 fingers on keyboard + spin with left and right click (for some reason)
Same, except I spin with only left (primary).

Lazers are optical, btw. Learn what a "lazer" is and what "optics" is. =]

As for the poll, allow multiple options and have a few for aiming medium, a few for clicking technique. Why not throw in spin direction too?

1. Mouse (optical)
  2. Mouse (lazer)
  3. Mouse (trackball)
  4. Tablet
  5. Touch-screen
  1. Click on movement device
  2. Click on keyboard
  1. Alt on click device
  2. Alt on both movement device and keyboard
So in my situation I would choose 2, 2, 1. Solo tablet users would choose 4, 1, 1.
Lizbeth
i use mouse + right and left click
Topic Starter
Chaos Anime X

strager wrote:

Skyripper wrote:

Same, except I spin with only left (primary).

As for the poll, allow multiple options and have a few for aiming medium, a few for clicking technique. Why not throw in spin direction too?

1. Mouse (optical)
  2. Mouse (lazer)
  3. Mouse (trackball)
  4. Tablet
  5. Touch-screen
  1. Click on movement device
  2. Click on keyboard
  1. Alt on click device
  2. Alt on both movement device and keyboard
So in my situation I would choose 2, 2, 1. Solo tablet users would choose 4, 1, 1.
wow I learned something today
SPOILER
The term laser is an acronym for light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation.

Unless the polling system on the forums is enhanced I'm not changing the poll. There would too many careless people picking tablet and laser mouse without picking anything else (just an example)

P.S. It's spelled laser :P
Ryuukun
Zekira
Number 3.
ignorethis
General clicking/sliding <- mouse left, right for quick combos
Spinning <- keyboard x or z + mouse spinning
Lucidity
Topic Starter
Chaos Anime X

Lucidity wrote:

strager wrote:

The difference between a regular optical mouse and a laser mouse is the light used to track movement. A regular optical mouse uses an LED light in the optical engine, while a laser mouse uses a laser to track movement.
true, but don't both use optics? ether way they are extremely similar
xxsagarayuu
optical or ball mouse + both fingers, right and left click

it seems many people same with me :oops: XDD
niedz
tho,i use left/right mouse button to spin,cause i can feel pressure over mouse,and spin faster :D
RemixRave
I chose 10.
I use DS2WIN for mouse control and click with z/x