forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Some maps with spinners at the end give reduced max score

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yami Shoujo
I just HD DT HR a song when obviously the score should be higher then HD HR, this wasnt the case on a song i just did

this is the 3 modded score

this is rank 1 score with 2 mods

http://puu.sh/41zFQ.osr < this is the replay, it even does the same score with 3 mods
kingking9
Were you online when you made this score?
Topic Starter
Yami Shoujo
I was online during this 3mod attempt, also auto does a similar score aswell so it cant be because i missed a combo somewhere, 4mod can barely pass the nomods in score when its on auto
MillhioreF
A very very small percentage of maps with spinners at the end are definitely giving less score than they should. Another map is Pollyanna (I Believe In You) [Easy], whose score is nearly halved.

I'm pretty sure it was caused by this change:

Deleting the spinner at the end of Pollyanna causes the score to return to how it was, so the additional drain time is probably screwing up score calculations. High priority fix.
casmith789
t/149092

Another map is Lady Gaga - Paparazzi (Speed Up Ver.) [eLtXXx's Normal]
Lanturn
Ah.. so thats what was causing the score issues. Good luck getting this fixed guys!
Pollyanna (I Believe In You) [Easy]
Rei Hakurei
spinners end, sliders end...
well their start time was previously calculated though,

basically peppy star which affects scoring should not affected by this... (osu needs "two drain length", which is old and new one..) but eyup's (iirc) star could be affected (which is doesn't really matter i think o.o?)
it just my hypothesis about what i've read along
Setsuen
Is this just happening for "Newly ranked songs" or Songs that has been here for years?..
Since I got ~400K point lesser than Rank #50 even though we had the same mod and I was only like 2%Lesser in accuracy(900k VS 1.3 mil seriously?)
Lanturn

Setsuen wrote:

Is this just happening for "Newly ranked songs" or Songs that has been here for years?..
Since I got ~400K point lesser than Rank #50 even though we had the same mod and I was only like 2%Lesser in accuracy(900k VS 1.3 mil seriously?)
It can affect any song with the spinner at the end, old or new. Paparazzi is a 2013 map, and Pollyanna is a 2008 map.
SaKaS
same problem for me on this map https://osu.ppy.sh/s/90095 on normal
Ronaid
Have the same problem :D

Rakuen
Same prob here :)

I wish to post even it's confirmed >w<

Sakisan
+1

Rei Hakurei
could any supporter try the test build (because woc fixed it)? or is it not pushed to current test build? well...
peppy
It is in the current test build. Please do test.
Winshley
Winshley
After several testing, it turned out that the spinner drain length fix affects the star rating. The similarity I found across the maps I have tested is the scoring changes depending on the listed tiers of Star Difficulty rating:
  1. 0.01~0.50
  2. 0.51~1.00
  3. 1.01~1.50
  4. 1.51~2.00
  5. ...
  6. 4.51~5.00
For the map I had above, I got 3.19 on public build and 3.53 on test build, hence the maximum score is affected.

There are maps which don't affect the scoring, because the rating on both public build and test build are still within the tiers listed above (such as 2.31 on public build and 2.49 on test build, on Team Nekokan - Can't Defeat Airman [Normal]).

Rei Hakurei wrote:

well their start time was previously calculated though
The slider end is indeed not counted towards the drain length, but you can't find maps with super long slider anyway, so I wonder if that will be fixed anyway... :P
TheVileOne

Winshley wrote:

After several testing, it turned out that the spinner drain length fix affects the star rating. The similarity I found across the maps I have tested is the scoring changes depending on the listed tiers of Star Difficulty rating:
  1. 0.01~0.50
  2. 0.51~1.00
  3. 1.01~1.50
  4. 1.51~2.00
  5. ...
  6. 4.51~5.00
For the map I had above, I got 3.19 on public build and 3.53 on test build, hence the maximum score is affected.

There are maps which don't affect the scoring, because the rating on both public build and test build are still within the tiers listed above (such as 2.31 on public build and 2.49 on test build, on Team Nekokan - Can't Defeat Airman [Normal]).

Rei Hakurei wrote:

well their start time was previously calculated though
The slider end is indeed not counted towards the drain length, but you can't find maps with super long slider anyway, so I wonder if that will be fixed anyway... :P

I consider this a bug fix. The game isn't ignoring potential drain time anymore.
Winshley

Seriously, this needs some fixing. lol
TheVileOne
^ the problem is that replays that should be giving more points are showing as getting less points in the results screen. this allows players like me to beat their scores without any mods.
peppy
No one has answered my question – is this fixed on test? As in is old behaviour restored?
Winshley

peppy wrote:

is this fixed on test? As in is old behaviour restored?
Yes