Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lach
the best thing to happen to osu! since sliced bread
Maeglwn
before this nobody wanted to play FL because it was annoying

now just nobody wants to play it
Stickie
more like "Help i'm having a seizure and can't FL what i could actually FL before"
i can't hope to improve my jet world score now because every time i play with FL my eyes die
peppy
The radius is now more lenient. How would it possibly give you a seizure?
Stickie
all i see is a bunch of spinning letters ._.
peppy
Because you are modifying your display settings?
Stickie

peppy wrote:

Because you are modifying your display settings?
well i just now went and turned everything to how the map is originally posted (video on, sb on, 0% dim, skin on) and it still gives the same results as when i had them in this video (if that's what you're talking about)

(watch in 720p)
CodeS
I'm getting the exact same thing.

a lot of weird spinning things when I play FL, at first I was thinking my monitor was dying lol
then I tried it on another monitor and the same thing happened
peppy
The video looks fine to me.
Stickie
you don't see all of the spinning letters/whatever they are? It's hard to see on the video, but in game it's pretty vivid
yoshilove
I am normal by gamma 0.80.
Topic Starter
Lach
HAHAHAHA 100/10 IM FUCKING IN PAIN FROM LAUGH CHEATING FUCK

edit: so when is this mod going to get removed and any scores with it recalculated? PS it's visible even with default gamma

improvement i guess since it's not spinning and annoying as all fuck to anyone actually playing with default gamma
Winshley

Lach wrote:

PS it's visible even with default gamma
Default gamma doesn't mean it's properly calibrated. Go adjust it.

Imo, from your pics there, I see it being set too bright anyway. =/
Yamadron
Lach is right.

I just got that too. Internal screen shot
Topic Starter
Lach

Winshley wrote:

Lach wrote:

PS it's visible even with default gamma
Default gamma doesn't mean it's properly calibrated. Go adjust it.

Imo, from your pics there, I see it being set too bright anyway. =/
It was set high to display the images correctly, I know this.
Cristian
I laugh so hard at letters with colours.
Topic Starter
Lach

Cristian wrote:

I laugh so hard at letters with colours.
Sometimes it's the content, and not the fact that it's pretty shiny words in different shades that makes it funny.
burntpurple1
i think that the FL radius shrinks too much now after 100 combo. Also my FL says 'cheating' and 'Fuck' as i play
Stickie
Considering most people don't mess with the gamma (I included), something needs to be done about it. Now ordinary players are getting confused when they try a map with FL or watch it on auto and see the game accusing them of cheating. If in the past gamma mattered, wouldn't it just be best to make it not matter? somehow making FL non-gamma dependent, by making the viewing area absolute? or would that not be possible? Since i'd never seen these messages before this update, it was confusing and i asked a lot of questions to Lach and others, who helped me understand how FL even worked in previous updates.
Flashlight is an okay mod idea, but if half of the community gets that message without knowing what's wrong, there'll be a lot of confusion. There are also littler kids that play on this game who don't even know what gamma is, how it works, or how to change it. it can't be their fault for not knowing...

I hope that made sense. tl;dr it's not players' faults for not knowing what their gamma is set by default (I sure didn't..)
neurosis
next update will add strobing backgrounds whenever people delete them and a voice clip that says "no audible difference" whenever the map mp3 is above 192kbs
peppy
The fact that people are able to see this shows how unfair it may have been previously. The new overlay already fixed any kind of unfairness resulting from hardware level gamma/brightness adjustment, so I will be removing the easter egg message. It was never a permanent addition – more of a test.
Topic Starter
Lach
you have a sick sense of humor
Lanturn
This new overlay feels like its lagging behind as well and its too distracting. Are we going to be able to skin it to just be pure black like it was before?

Kind of hard to believe I could see this message then as I've never touched my gamma settings before and my monitor is still pretty much at its factory settings... the power of 35" LCD crap monitors from viewsonic
MillhioreF

Lanturn wrote:

This new overlay feels like its lagging behind as well and its too distracting.
The flashlight overlay has always lagged very very slightly behind the cursor. Put auto+doubletime+flashlight on Airman to see this in action.
Topic Starter
Lach
Also if it was skinnable there would be no difference since anyone who cares enough to play fl would just skin a transparent image to nullify the intended effect
Macacito
whats the point of this? its still flable
show more