forum

New and Need Help!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AimlessTommy
So I just started Osu today. I think whoever created this game is a genius.
Anyways I'm new and I suck.
I can only do the easy songs at best.

I need help with settings. What are the optimal settings? Like using mouse and keyboard etc?

And what are some good beatpacks that have really good songs?
And for the balls that you drag do you have to drag? Or can you just click at the beginning and end of circle?

Thanks <3
CsavarNat16
Welcome! :D
It's up to yourself which device you'd like to use, if you do the game better with mouse, then use mouse. Or needing help in streams, you can use both mouse/tablet and keyboard. If jump, try using tablet.
In sliders, you should hold it until the end of the slider.
About beginner beatmaps, look here.
Good songs? It depends on your taste of music.
I hope this helps. :)
Zalaria
First off, welcome to one of the best online games ever ^^ *adds to friends* Don't worry too much about the difficulty since you are new to the game. Though there are some players who go straight to insane maps, I took the easier path of doin easys and normals first. For the sliders, yes you do have to drag the ball to the end. I think i have some maps you may enjoy ^^ oh and I use mouse and keyboard because I find it easiest to use.
Knarf
Welcome to the forums!^^
For choosing good songs, playing some recent maps (>2010) is better imo.
Some old songs are hard to play due to too many circles, and some even have incocsistent snap distance :)
Rio-
Welcome to the forums! :)

AimlessTommy wrote:

I need help with settings. What are the optimal settings? Like using mouse and keyboard etc?
Well... About optimal setting for Mouse... Some People tend to have their own style... But If You still curious, Here's My Setting :
- Windows Mouse Setting : 6/11 Sensitivity (Default Setting) and Turn off Enhance Precision
- osu! Mouse Setting : 2.0x (I suggest You choose between 1.0x to 2.5x, more or less than that will be too difficult If Your hands aren't well-prepared)

Well... In My First Day playing osu!, Same as You... Kinda sucks when playing in even Easy Mode, but I'm )sure You'll Improve If You can do better than yesterday.. :
Ren-kun_2021
Help how to move slide balls faster?
JustABeginner
You can go to edit from the screen menu, select a song. Then, go to timings and change the slider velocity.

Feel free to ask here if you still got questions to it.
community/forums/56

And bumping untouched threads are inadvisable. Please create a new thread next time.