Pendulum - The Island (MaxNRG Remix) [OsuMania]

posted
Total Posts
show more
FGSky

Skalim wrote:

FGSky wrote:

first try \:D/
wow, very good ^^ (i want these skin haha)
The name of this skin is: Yuuka Kazami v3 :D
Charles445
Relaxing set

~Bubbled!~
ExPew
oh yeah~
FGSky
yay =D
Topic Starter
Skalim
"What are you waiting for?" I am waiting a BAT XD
Cloudchaser
First osu!mania mapset bubbled by a Chilean o: kawow, go for rank~ rainau
Loctav
I dislike the fact that you didn't even try to hitsound the notes.
Must be a common bad habit in the mania mapping right now. I've seen it quite a lot.
woc2006

Loctav wrote:

Must be a common bad habit in the mania mapping right now. I've seen it quite a lot.
Not a big problem, mapper's choice, and we still have half ranked maps with hitsounds.
woc2006
really nice maps. ranked.
Loctav

woc2006 wrote:

Loctav wrote:

Not a big problem, mapper's choice, and we still have half ranked maps with hitsounds.
Read the ranking criteria. It IS a problem. Like a real one. It's enough reason to unrank it again.
Will consult more opinions
richardfeder

Loctav wrote:

woc2006 wrote:

Read the ranking criteria. It IS a problem. Like a real one. It's enough reason to unrank it again.
Will consult more opinions
Why hitsound? MAPPER'S CHOICE. As long as both players and modders agree on dismissing hitsound, there is no reason for it to appear just to satisfy "criteria", especially this issue is not important at all. Not worth considering imo :)
Stefan
Hmm.. I need an explaination: Why can the Hard Diff be 5K when Normal is already 7K?
Lieselotte

Stefan wrote:

Hmm.. I need an explaination: Why can the Hard Diff be 5K when Normal is already 7K?
7K the Island~
imariL
Congratulation! :D
NaxelCL
CONGRATULATIONS COMÁDR<333
Tshemmp
Nice!!
-DanteMayCry-
Felicidades wn !! :D
Topic Starter
Skalim
finally :D, thanks so much for the help and the modders ^^.
Loctav
Okay. After consulting several BATs internally, the lack of hitsounds contradict with the general ranking criteria

General Ranking Criteria wrote:

You must use hitsounds. Without these, things get way too monotonous as you are throwing away one of the main elements of variation present in mapping. You don't need to place them on every note (and are discouraged from doing so), but they must at least be frequently heard when playing.
The general ranking criteria applies for all game modes, including mania.
Just because mania!BATs weren't aware so far, this doesn't provide any validity. Current mania responsible BATs will be set under knowledge that this kind of mapping is unwanted.
For the current state, the map is unrankable.
Please add hitsounds to your map. Then we can talk about a rerank.
Sorry.

If you want to object the existance of this persisting rule, please open a discussion thread in the ranking criteria subboards.

(Have I said that the map self is really awesome? Just saying)
FGSky
D:
Topic Starter
Skalim
._. you need see all the maps, some good maps no got hitsounds, why is this the exception?
Loctav
Because we won't accept that anymore.
BATs on the other maps failed to enforce the criteria there. Starting here, this is going to change. Sorry that you have to be the first affected case .-.
(I actually wasn't aware that other mania maps passed through without hitsounds. If I would've noticed that, they would be unranked, too. Unfortunately they can not be unranked anymore)

Don't see it as a punishment. See it as a chance to improve your map!
Roxas and me are open for providing you help, if you need it.
Topic Starter
Skalim
hmm well, i´ll try fix it but with custom hitsound NOW, if i can´t, well, i´ll need help...
richardfeder
D:
woc2006

Loctav wrote:

Because we won't accept that anymore.
BATs on the other maps failed to enforce the criteria there. Starting here, this is going to change. Sorry that you have to be the first affected case .-.
(I actually wasn't aware that other mania maps passed through without hitsounds. If I would've noticed that, they would be unranked, too. Unfortunately they can not be unranked anymore)

Don't see it as a punishment. See it as a chance to improve your map!
Roxas and me are open for providing you help, if you need it.
Don't you see soft sample at 40% volume? This is not hitsounds?

mania doesn't need any hitsounds more than this.
Innocent Steps
Loctav logic. Please some one call ppy again
Topic Starter
Skalim
oookk, now i don´t know what i can do ._.
kanpakyin
Unless silent hitsound (less than 20%) empty hitsound is acceptable in mania mode, placing hitsound is just optional.
Topic Starter
Skalim

kanpakyin wrote:

Unless silent hitsound (less than 20%) empty hitsound is acceptable in mania mode, placing hitsound is just optional.
+1. i´ll fix it
Loctav
p/2721111

Clear enough
Nanatsu
Beatmap ranked system is too hard for me... orz.. i can't..
[Emiria]
please don't do something same as OSU standard in mania.
hitsound in mania maps doesnt stand the essential part.
we can easily know what the songs want to express in good mania maps. the unnecessary hitsound Will destroy the feeling of the maps. this map doesnt like the key- sound map. i dont think this map really needs other hitsound. i think now is better. please rerank IT. :o
Loctav

victorica_db wrote:

we can easily know what the songs want to express in good mania maps. the unnecessary hitsound Will destroy the feeling of the maps. this map doesnt like the key- sound map. i dont think this map really needs other hitsound. i think now is better. please rerank IT. :o
What a nonsense. Seeing the standard set of the same song, hitsounds can sufficiently support the song without destroying it. Tshemmp were able to do hitsounds here, Skalim is also able to.
Taking a look on Chain Destruction, Ende, Sweet Rain and other awesome mania sets proof that hitsounds are working perfectly in mania and are not optional.
ExPew
goodbye non-hitsounded
FGSky
orz the hitsounds ;_;
[Emiria]

Loctav wrote:

victorica_db wrote:

What a nonsense. Seeing the standard set of the same song, hitsounds can sufficiently support the song without destroying it. Tshemmp were able to do hitsounds here, Skalim is also able to.
Taking a look on Chain Destruction, Ende, Sweet Rain and other awesome mania sets proof that hitsounds are working perfectly in mania and are not optional.
are you really sure that your hitsound is rellay good ?

i'm really sure that sweet rain is the good. according to the different mapped method. sometimes you are right . please remember not all the songs are suitable for adding too much .
standard is not mania. thanks
Loctav
Hitsounds are hitsounds. On all modes.
I see no reason why mania is different from standard or ctb here.
And yes, they are good. If they don't meet your taste, you can always do them better when you map the same song.

Mania isn't osu! but mania is also not sooooooooo special that you can circumvent every criteria and get a special treatment for everything just because it's out of your comfortable zone.

"It doesn't fit because it's not how I roll" is no appropriate reasoning. State is clear. I can not think of an reason why hitsounds are not a must in mania. If you dislike the default ones, use custom ones. There are tons of databases to take hitsounds from.
But even with the default sample sets you can create cool stuff.

Also you are not supposed to hitsound every single detailed note.
You are supposed to create a basic rhythm/basic song following with the hitsounds.
If you leave out certain notes because you are like having 15 samples in one row, that's okay.
Just create a basic hitsoundung that represents the general flow or movement or stressing or kick/snare/bass behavior in the song.

We do not want you to do a o2jam-level hitsoundung on every set.
richardfeder

Loctav wrote:

victorica_db wrote:

Some cases yes, some no. Are you going to add hitsound for "Scream"?
Spy
Some maps can add hitsounds,but some aren't suitable forever.
asd123iii
So I can't rank piano-solo song? There's nothing I can place a single hitsound :o
show more