I just remembered I have to mod this mapset. Sorry for the late mod, I usually take breaks from modding once a time.
- The hitsound file normal-hitclap.wav has a silence of ~1.5 second after the sound. Weird, but it's not unrankable. You can maybe trim the sound.
- Recheck the tags in Nya Nya Neko's Hard. It still has the mapper that made some osu!mania difficulties in the tags, Kyo Kyoka.
- You can remove the duplicate tag Nya in the tags.
I think the pulse is too much. As too much I meant the scale is big. It's kind of distracting and it makes a little headache to me. Try lowering a bit the scale.
Some of the pulses starts too early, like 01:02:558 -, 01:03:358 -, and they don't fit with the music.
The word Lyric should be in plural, Lyrics, since the composer made more than a lyric.
The recommended value for the stack leniency is 0.3 to 0.9.
- 00:14:408 (3) - I'd put a circle or the head of a slider on the downbeat (00:14:808 - ). The repeat sounds weird and the strong objects (the ones I named) usually land on big downbeats. I would try adding a circle on 00:14:408 then a 1/1 slider on 00:14:808 .
- 01:28:358 (6) - Add a new combo.
- 01:46:758 (2,1) - Be careful with the distance you're using between them. It breaks the constant distance through the map, so it will confuse the players. You can try a pattern like this, but it requires the change the next patterns.
- 03:09:158 (5,1) - Switch the new combo.
I'm not going to nitpick every nazi things, so resuming will go. Some of the blanket patterns are off, and some sliders may need a little polish, like the curve sliders, like 00:59:558 (1) . If possible, try finding them and try to change them.
Nya Nya Neko's Hard
- 00:20:408 (3,1) - The short distance will and may confuse the players since it's a different rhythm you use. Basically, you decided to use 1.00x as the distance snap, so you should respect that. Not strictly, but must. Try to do another pattern, like this:
- 00:34:008 (1) - Try rotating this slider to something like this. It will avoid the overlapped repeat caused by 00:33:208 (3) - 's head.
- 00:43:608 (1,2,3) - I would change the position of that pattern if you already with 00:42:008 (1,2,3) there. What I meant is that those patterns are in a same corner. Repeating a similar pattern to a same place is boring to me and to the map in my opinion. I'd make another pattern. You can try this:
- 01:27:358 (2,1) - Try avoiding the obscurity of the repeat.
- 01:29:958 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1) - This is too hard for a Hard to me. I would try a rhythm like this:There's also 03:17:158 (1,2,3,4,5,6) .
- 01:31:558 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Similar to a suggestion, check the distance there. The distance between 01:33:558 (5,6) is similar to 01:31:558 (1,2,3) . Both have a different rhythm, which will confuse the players due to the distance. Make the distance between them constant, so 1.0x.
- 01:41:958 (1,2,3,4) - Like the previous suggestion, use the distance snap for this. It's confusing because of 01:41:158 (1,2) .
- 01:49:158 (1) - Because 01:48:358 (3) is obscuring some of the slider, the players might not notice that. I recommend to make another shape for the long slider, or move to a new position for the short slider.
- 03:07:958 (2,3) - Be careful with the distance.
This difficulty requires some attention, but I have to say that the mapping is quite old (well, the map is old, so it might be a reason). Maybe some polish to the patterns and check the distance with caution.[/list]
- 00:13:208 to 00:18:008 - I don't understand why this part is faster than the one that starts on 00:18:008 . It's weird after all. Try reducing the slider velocity from the original value (1.00), or you can try to make the section 00:19:608 to 00:26:008 faster like the first section.
- 00:47:608 (1,2) - It's my personal preferences, but this pattern looks ugly to me; the overlap and the second slider. I don't know what to suggest to be honest, here is it random pattern. If you have your own, then use it.
- 00:48:408 (4) - Try a new combo on this object? It fits with the music, and it's like what you did to 00:49:208 (1) .
- 00:50:008 (4) - Consider using a higher distance between 00:49:808 (3,4) since it resembles to the distance you use for most of the 1/4 rhythms, like the previous section. It would clarify the players better in my opinion.
- 00:54:758 (8,1) - Switch the new combo for consistency. There's also 01:07:558 (8,1) .
- 01:13:958 (8) - Add a new combo, and remove it from 01:15:358 (1) .
- 01:18:758 to 01:23:558 - Might want to check the new combos.
- 02:24:358 (8) - Maybe a new combo, since it's a big downbeat?
Didn't find anything in Kinsane.
This should be it! The standard difficulties would need some tweaks, especially the low degree difficulties, since the mapset is quite old. Good luck with the map!