forum

Take or leave the offer by the previous poster

posted
Total Posts
show more
Zanzaar
Amethysts are pretty, why not? I'll take it.

Wand of fireballs.
Nuuskamuikkunen
Pretty dangerous. But I'll take it.

A slime pet.
pentaqola
yes... i like pets... yes... i would be taking that... if it wasn't for the amount of cats i have at home... which is a lot. it is already a burden to keep all the cats.

-----

a wishing star in a bottle, but it only has 100 wishes and if you make below 50 good wishes, the star will become a black hole
samX500
Interesting, the issue with this star is that "good" is far from being well defined so wish that I might think are absolutely good might turn out to be bad for this star and end up in the destruction of this world.

I doubt that if I were to actually think about myself that I would find 50 good personal wish, I wouldn't even get close to that many.

And if I were to wish for others, the issue of what is good is going to be really troublesome. I could try to turn the world into a better place but what I think would be a better place might be hell on earth for others, I am also still quite naive and some of the things that I think would be for the best might turn out to be terrible.

I wouldn't take it. It would be too much pressure to make a wish for the well being of the world, I am not confident enough in myself to impose my ideals upon others and I would constantly be questionning wether or not I am truly doing a good action. And if I wanted to avoid that and only make personal wish, I wouldn't meet the required quota and would destroy the world.

sq
Nuuskamuikkunen
It is unclear what is "good" according to this bottle. So I won't take it.

100K dollars, but each time you spend one the closest person will try to slap you.
1 slap per dollar.
samX500
I mean, I can just lock myself in a room far away from anyone and spend it so of course I'd take it.

Assuming that doing so will only delay the slapping and that the next time I go on public the first person tries to slap me then I am not taking it.

the ability to turn the whole world into what you believe would be the best world to live on?
Nuuskamuikkunen
I'll leave it.
It is impossible to create an utopia without being authoritarian in some way.

--------------------------------------------

Your waifu/husbando comes to visit you.
samX500
I wouldn't. First of all I don't really have a waifu though I do have a lot of daughteru.

A waifu has to be mature (if she's not then she's not a waifu but a daughtere) and every mature character that I love enough that I would consider them a waifu are just too great for me to reduce them to simply a waifu.

A week in the mind of a person of your choice. You will only exist as an oberver, you won't be able to take any action.
Achromalia
fair enough. i'd take this offer quite a great deal of times.

- - -

I'll add a few things.

A week in the mind of a person of your choice. You will only exist as an observer, you won't be able to take any action (of the person's body). You can, however, seed your own thoughts within their thoughts. You can't manipulate them, but you can add ideas for them to consider to assess situations with new perspectives. Your initial body will undergo a coma. You can have an awareness of what's around your body as well.
Nuuskamuikkunen
I'd take it, it will be a strange, yet satisfying experience. But I still have some questions:

What would happen if during that week something happens to that person, just like an accident occurs? Will I "wake up"?.
Will I be able to feel the same physical sensations of that person, like pain?
What about when that person sleeps, Will I be able to see their dreams?

------

A similar offer, but you won't be physically nor in his/her mind, instead, you'll be some kind of "guardian angel" and as so, you will be able to influence (to a certain degree) their thoughts. The coma also applies.
You cannot be at more of 3m from that person. (you will be dragged as that person moves).

And of course, all memories of seeing any nude person during that will be erased as soon as you stop looking. This is to avoid voyeurism.
samX500
To me this is the same as the previous two. I would take it just to be able to look at this person's mind. There are so many things in this world that other people do and that I cannot understand. So I would take it just to be able to see why they do some actions that I would deem objectively destructive.

Becoming the CEO of a massive company
Achromalia
depends on the company, the pay, the responsibilities, and existing resources.

i don't want to take on a massive company on the verge of massive failure, nor do i want to take on more than i can handle. i struggle with productivity and my time management is pretty shitty, so making quick and necessary decisions to lead the company forward will end up being a rather tiresome endeavor.

of course, i can change how things go in the workplace and find ways to make things comfortable for employees, perhaps with a focus on internal issues so that we can make sure we're capable of running onwards, but i'd have to do quite a bit of research for external elements-- which isn't so bad in itself, but dependent on what this company does, i'd be less likely to be invested in them.

overall, i'd probably just decline. besides, i'm 16, and that would be a rather crazy proposition at this age and with a lack of prior work experience.

- - -

choosing to have the following policies being passed in the USA.

VAT-funded UBI and a form of Universal Healthcare w/o immediately getting rid of private insurance, with the addition of Rank-Choice Voting, while considering Personal Data as a Property Right, and defending Net Neutrality, etc.
Nuuskamuikkunen
One condition: Accept the SI units once and for all.

Loads of cement, bricks and a free terrain.
samX500
sure, why not?

a barel of oil?
ERA Puzzle
No thanks. I have nowhere practical to store that.

A pair of wire strippers.
z0z
no, i don't even know what is that

a huge powerful magnet shaped like a sphere
ERA Puzzle
Could be useful, depending on how powerful it is. I Takki.

A scimitar
Nuuskamuikkunen
It will be nice to have it. AS LONG AS NOBODY TOUCHES IT.

A dulcimer.
Achromalia
sure. i'm not sure if i'd do much with it, though, i might even end up selling it. i'd likely give it away to someone particularly interested in it if i decide not to.

- - -

a dakimakura of your favorite furry partner.
Nuuskamuikkunen
Leave it. I don't like dakimakuras

A cube-shaped seat.
Jeans
y not.

pineapple pizza dont fail me on this one
samX500
I have never tried it and it's free food so sure.

An astrophysics book.
Nuuskamuikkunen
Take it.

Titanium scissors.
Achromalia
I suppose it'll do.

Another body pillow of your favorite furry character.
Flanster
This is fine.

A copy of GTA San Andreas but the box was damaged in shipping.
Achromalia
...i'll take it, and probably do very little with it.

four Faber Castell watercolor pens of your choice.
Nuuskamuikkunen
Nice.

A new wallet.
Tad Fibonacci
Considering I've had this one for 6 years and it's somewhat worn, I'll take it.

A can of coke.
Nuuskamuikkunen
I'd take it.

A bag of doritos.
Jeans
take it.

a very heavy bag of salt
vinnicci
ye sure

exact date of your death
Nuuskamuikkunen
Take it.

3 lemons.
Flanster
Yume naraba dore hodo yokatta deshou *takes*

A pair of wireless earbuds but with no charging case.
Nuuskamuikkunen
I take them, I can buy one anyway.

A couch.
samX500
sounds cozy, let's take it.

A linux laptop.
KatouMegumi
sure, provided it's x86-based one, and not intel cpu powered

Cyrix III CPU
Flanster
Vintage Cyrix hardware yummy.

An HEV suit but it plays k-pop music all the time from its speakers.
Nuuskamuikkunen
NO.

A CRT monitor.
keremaru
i don't know what that is but if it's a monitor then yes

a marker pen that WRITES PROPERLY WITH THE BRUSH STROKES.
Nuuskamuikkunen
YES.
A CRT monitor is that kind of box-like monitor, they were displaced by flat screens in mid 2000s. Uncommon to see one nowadays

Several language-learning books.
show more