forum

Fade In

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bomber34
I just wondered
How many people play with this mod or Hidden?
It does not bring any advantages or a point bonus but it is a fun mod

Are there even players who try to rank stuff with that mod?
Bobbias
I never use fade in, but I use hidden more than I play nomod.
Taadashi
Though, wouldn't fade in be a good way of training your reaction time in a way? Just as hidden is a good way of training your accuracy.

Just a thought. :P
Drace
That's exactly the point :p
Hanyuu
I play it from time to time but my ranked scores are higher because it is so hard to play ;)
Also nice #1 lol
Bobbias

Taadashi wrote:

Though, wouldn't fade in be a good way of training your reaction time in a way? Just as hidden is a good way of training your accuracy.

I use FL for reaction time training. That and the fact that I read at pretty high speeds. I read 150 BPM at speed 18 now. I usually play FL at about speed 10, for most stuff which really doesn't leave that much time to react.

I've got a habit of looking lower on the screen than I should, so Hidden forces me to look higher, which gives me more time to react to things.
Taadashi

Bobbias wrote:

Taadashi wrote:

I use FL for reaction time training. That and the fact that I read at pretty high speeds. I read 150 BPM at speed 18 now. I usually play FL at about speed 10, for most stuff which really doesn't leave that much time to react.

I've got a habit of looking lower on the screen than I should, so Hidden forces me to look higher, which gives me more time to react to things.
Wow, that's pretty quick, I can read speed 13 at most songs only.. :(
Hanyuu
Dont mind him he is just trying to show off whenever he can, all the time.
Taadashi

Hanyuu wrote:

Dont mind him he is just trying to show off whenever he can, all the time.
Haha. :P

Though I actually tried playing with hidden and found it was easier to combo at songs that's a bit hard for me, such as smooch (hard) and Far East Nightbird (hard). Eventhough my timing got worse, lol. :P
Koakuma_old
I use FI almost all the time on easy songs to train slow-reading.
Never really use it for hard songs.
Hanyuu
Yeah but hidden seems so hard compared to Fade in to me :?
I think it is just because im usually reading the notes on the bottom half of the screen :P
Bobbias
I use hidden specifically to keep myself from reading low lol. the higher I read the more time I have to react to patterns, and that makes a big difference.
Taadashi

Bobbias wrote:

I use hidden specifically to keep myself from reading low lol. the higher I read the more time I have to react to patterns, and that makes a big difference.
I actually started doing that after reading your post as well. :P
It helps me in the same way since my eyes keeps going lower and lower on the screen until it eventually hits the line, lol. Especially at the songs that have harder patterns. :P

I'll have to practice my timing while running that mod though, it's horrible. :)
Zeradok
I always use Hidden because I am too dependent on Hidden mod which is actually bad for slowjam notes. I can't really read hard patterns without Hidden because they are confusing lol.
Hanyuu
I previously read pretty high aswell but i couldnt keep up with my judgement because i was not really focusing that area and when missing i often didnt notice why, reading low i have it in sight and i still read everything from the angle of the eye lol. Well i couldnt do that when reading high, i think it just depends and it was a big change to me but focusing more on the lower half helped me so much
Limit Removal

bomber34 wrote:

Are there even players who try to rank stuff with that mod?
There are some, since getting ranked with either FI or FL gives you a shiny grey S/SS instead of the yellow one, and there's all that talk about true skill etc etc.
xelivous
i try to play exclusively with hidden on. I think i've only full-combo'd a map three times (my 3 SS :V). And for the easier maps I use HD/DT, otherwise it's too boring.

I don't really care about rank, I just enjoy playing this way.