forum

Update All Ranked Maps [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +16
Topic Starter
WyndII
Some ranked maps needs to be update.

Maybe if there's an "Update All Ranked Maps" button in options under maintanance, it would be useful. 'Cause sometimes I play maps without waiting for the Online Ranking to appear, and I think that some players do that too.
Only ranked maps because when updating all maps it will ruin the unranked maps or the maps you created. Also, like Old maps, they need to be "Update to Latest Version". So that works with the said feature too. =3
if its possible... When a pending map is ranked, and you have the map, it can be updated by using the "Update All Ranked Maps".
If its also possible, when the map was updated with new BGs, Difficulties, Skinning and others. By using the "Update All Ranked Maps" it can simply rank update all the maps and its new settings.
Thank you!
:idea: : also if you manually update a map(rank/unrank) in edit or solo mode, it can update the new BGs, Difficulties, Skinning and others also...
Thank you again xD
rust45
Wait, so is this supposed to take all the all the maps that you have that were recently ranked to be updated?
Ryuukun
I had the same idea in mind the past few months, but i couldn't express it well since there is one big problem.
I don't want to update some maps, especially under my own maps.
Sometimes its very useful to have a older version as backup. (saved me a few times already)
This would work for ranked maps though, but its not very useful for them.

Good idea but there are still too many issues.
cyanberryio
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
WyndII
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Kitsunemimi
That was my thread....
Still, it's interesting to have a button in "maintenance". I think that's a good idea.
Sushi
I think there should be an button like : "Check for missing difficulties" too. (if it was already done, nevermind about that)
rust45

Sushi971 wrote:

I think there should be an button like : "Check for missing difficulties" too. (if it was already done, nevermind about that)
I support this.
Derekku
Topic Starter
WyndII

Derekku Chan wrote:

Sushi971 wrote:

oh god yes plz

A lot of times I'll mod people's maps and then later they'll add a new difficulty or change the names without me realizing it. Changes in skinning and SB elements should be updated too. I hate having to take time to go and redownload the whole .osz file just to get everything :<
I support this... and add this!!. =D(add this on first post)
Chaos Anime X

WyndII wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

Sushi971 wrote:

oh god yes plz

A lot of times I'll mod people's maps and then later they'll add a new difficulty or change the names without me realizing it. Changes in skinning and SB elements should be updated too. I hate having to take time to go and redownload the whole .osz file just to get everything :<
I support this... and add this!!. =D(add this on first post)
I highly support, and can't wait for the update all feature
Starrodkirby86

Derekku Chan wrote:

Sushi971 wrote:

oh god yes plz

This will be possible when .osz2 is implemented.
Derekku
Aoitenshi

Derekku Chan wrote:

When is .osz2 coming anyway? I'm guessing by fall or something :T
Yeah, What is it? I support all!
Starrodkirby86

Aoitenshi wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

When is .osz2 coming anyway? I'm guessing by fall or something :T
Yeah, What is it? I support all!
.osz2 is going to be a new file extension that packages the beatmap more efficiently. You cannot access the contents of an .osz2 file, but in the end it will allow for many promising things, such as not redownloading beatmaps to get media content or maybe a smaller filesize.

It'll come when it's done.
Topic Starter
WyndII
Let's wait for this new feature XD