forum

[invalid] Multiplayer - hide current placing/rank in song!

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +60
Topic Starter
Aquamarine
I have no problems pressing TAB in multiplayer at the start of every song; I can actually see a reason for that. However, to those that do decide to hide it, nothing is more distracting that having the rank change constantly! I find it even more distracting than the scores tab itself. Peppy; please consider this. Thank you very much!

Kitsunemimi
What the hell is the point of playing multi if you can't even see your own rank? Just play solo at the same time and compare your scores or something.

Honestly, I usually hide the scoreboard too, and sometimes the rank in the corner is a bit distracting, but it's barely visible in the first place and you shouldn't even be noticing it if you're really concentrating. In fact, I value the fact that it remains unhidden so I can still see my rank without having the full flashy scoreboard going on at the left. If you want to maintain the current function and make it possible to hide the rank at the bottom, then that would call for an additional hotkey (and one more thing to press to hide everything), else if you want to completely override the current functionality, no.

Regardless, no support from me.
Topic Starter
Aquamarine

Kitsunemimi wrote:

What the hell is the point of playing multi if you can't even see your own rank? Just play solo at the same time and compare your scores or something.
I play multiplayer with friends for fun. In fact, wasn't free mods added for that very same reason?
This thread with 400+ stars also shares the same opinion: t/117094

Lastly, it is toggable so if you don't care no need to hide it. In addition, the player must press TAB before every song- therefore encouraging the type of multiplayer style you deem favorable.

Edit: also you should roughly know your rank because this is a very combo based game. Easy map? You should get a general gist based on your accuracy and how late in the song you mistimed that note. Really, really want to see your rank and hide player scores? First, there's breaks. Second, you can quickly press TAB twice. As you a player gets more proficient at this game, it is easier to do said TABx2 while playing. Sliders, predictable patterns with follow points, short pauses are all good opportunities.
Abel
YES
I was talking a few days ago with Deadbeat about this and he told me that this could already be posted by someone so that why I didn't requested it b4
100% with it, playing on multi and having to "tab" everytime a new game starts, its just... DUH, and sometimes I forgot it
also, this lags me if I forgot it D: so have my invisible star and my total support :D
Kitsunemimi

Aquamarine wrote:

Edit: also you should roughly know your rank because this is a very combo based game. Easy map? You should get a general gist based on your accuracy and how late in the song you mistimed that note. Really, really want to see your rank and hide player scores? First, there's breaks. Second, you can quickly press TAB twice. As you a player gets more proficient at this game, it is easier to do said TABx2 while playing. Sliders, predictable patterns with follow points, short pauses are all good opportunities.
If you're so good at this then how come you can't just ignore a simple number at the bottom? Checking your rank midplay is arguably just as distracting if not more distracting than the number at the bottom that just stays there. You just don't have to look at it.

This game doesn't need any more toggles as it is, especially for something this specific. I personally don't think this will be added.

Also, Abel, that's not what this request is for.
Topic Starter
Aquamarine

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Aquamarine wrote:

If you're so good at this then how come you can't just ignore a simple number at the bottom? Checking your rank midplay is arguably just as distracting if not more distracting than the number at the bottom that just stays there. You just don't have to look at it.

This game doesn't need any more toggles as it is, especially for something this specific. I personally don't think this will be added.

Also, Abel, that's not what this request is for.
No arguments here, but tell me- do you use Visual Settings? How far do you dim; do you always disable SB? Do you have shader effects enabled? What about video enabled? If you are spectacled a lot, are the list of spectators disabled on your settings end? Then question to yourself; how do the best players in the world play in regard to those questions. These questions are all rhetorical.
Kitsunemimi
Those are only there due to extremely popular request, peppy didn't design this game so that all you see on your screen are circles.
boat
obtain duct tape

duct tape the bottom corner of your screen
iantanye
This needs to happen.
peppy
This will never happen.