forum

Is this normal?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AsariChan
When there are consecutive circle note spread out, I have this habit where I put my cursor over one, but then start moving it towards the next note before I've even hit the first one. I slowed down some footage of me playing Just Awake on Half-Time (Because I'm a noob) so you can see how this is working. I feel like I've just got stuck in this habit and I won't ever be able to break it. Has anyone else ever experienced it?

Sorry about the audio. It sounds horrible because of how slowed down the footage is:
Pacemaker
Yea, I know that one well, it happens because you're not reading the pattern properly. I suggest you keep playing Hards/Normals and give your best to focus on hitting and aiming every single note individually and avoid thinking of the movement and patterns (like "That's a square!" and "I gotta make a triangle there").
Topic Starter
AsariChan
Thanks for the advice. I just gave it a try on a hard song. I got S rank on it where I usually would have got a few misses. It seems to be helping so I'll keep at it :)
Purple
This happens to me a lot when playing hidden (even at high AR). It's really annoying.
[Kanzaki Ranko]

Purple wrote:

This happens to me a lot when playing hidden (even at high AR). It's really annoying.
On high AR it should happen more than on low AR (especially playing HD), since the problem here is that he's missing the hitobjects (by little, but is), and HD/high AR gives you less time to read properly.
Thatgooey

Maav wrote:

Purple wrote:

On high AR it should happen more than on low AR (especially playing HD), since the problem here is that he's missing the hitobjects (by little, but is), and HD/high AR gives you less time to read properly.
Exact opposite for me. I miss more on low AR because I rely too much on reactions to play rather than properly reading. It is easier for me to read high AR than low. I do exactly what this guy does, which is jumping to the next note too soon. Even when the jumps are not too difficult with medium spacing, I sometimes do not move my cursor all the way to the note, wait, and THEN move to the next. Sometimes I tend to make it 3/4 the way to the note and catch myself already trying to move towards the next note. It is because I am hard wired to read hd/hr at this point (ar10) and go into auto pilot mode. Very hard habit to break, and yes OP this is a very normal thing that a lot of players experience. You just have to slow down and really try to focus. It is hard to do for some people like me.http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/posting.php? ... p=2488130#
puncia
It's harder on lower ARs because you actually have to understand how the pattern is, instead of click the first thing you see on the screen as fast as you can. At least that's how it works for me.
Ziggo
Practice on low AR really helps for this. Especially with Hidden mod on.
Aquamarine
Perfectly normal. One of the reasons why simple overlapping patterns can be frustrating. All IMO of course.
[Kanzaki Ranko]
I find hitting the objects at the right time a lot harder on low AR, but hitting them at all is easier. o_o
Antero
Your problem is 3.3k plays
Zare
looks like you got an unfixable bad habit. better stop playing at all.

or practice
Tshemmp

Antero wrote:

I was doing this with 33k plays.
Antero

Tshemmp wrote:

Antero wrote:

I was doing this with 33k plays.
Exactly, you were