forum

Change 'View zero-reply threads' to 'View unmodded threads'

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
Where in addition to showing maps with 0 replies, it will also show threads where the only replies have been from the map creator.

This will allow more maps to avoid going unnoticed by including more maps that haven't been modded yet. New mappers may tend to bump their own map in the thread rather than using BSS. Additionally, people (like me) may post various updates on WIP maps, such as when it is ready for modding, which would eliminate it from the 0 reply threads.

What do you think, osu?
Larto
I think I already posted that once but I forgot about it and it died.

Of course I support this.
blissfulyoshi
I certainly agree that this would be very useful, but how would you track something like this?

Under the scenario that a mapper bumps his map:
Do you want modders to go check a box saying this is a mod post? Check boxes can be abused in this situation if the modder decides to not check it and give a mod. Another idea is have someone go around and check every thread, but that is very inefficient. Besides those problems, what if the first mod post was not very useful and did not help the mapper at all, so the mapper will still need another mod (sadly this is a problem with the current system too)?

Under the scenario that a mapper says a map is ready for modding:
No real problem tracking here. A simple check box would easily work for this sceanrio

+1 support
Kitsunemimi

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Under the scenario that a mapper says a map is ready for modding:
No real problem tracking here. A simple check box would easily work for this sceanrio

+1 support
What he said.
Echo
Wait so is this request to just change the text next to the checkbox? Or do you want all threads with no posts from anyone other than the topic starter to show up in addition to topics with no replies?
Topic Starter
kingcobra52

kingcobra52 wrote:

Where in addition to showing maps with 0 replies, it will also show threads where the only replies have been from the map creator.
So yeah, the latter. :P
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Wojjan
You could also use "show zero-kudosu threads" since some people pass by and only say "nice map ;)" and leave. Those posts don't get kudosu, because those posts aren't modding posts, but it's someone else than the original thread starter.
Derekku

Wojjan wrote:

You could also use "show zero-kudosu threads" since some people pass by and only say "nice map ;)" and leave. Those posts don't get kudosu, because those posts aren't modding posts, but it's someone else than the original thread starter.
This is what I thought this request was going to be about, too. But since sometimes new modders forget to give kudosu, this could screw it up.

Uh.. is there anyway to only show threads with modding structure such as 00:05:28 - (1) ? >_>;; Like maybe have it search threads and if the tag " - ( " isn't found, then it isn't "modded" and can be listed? Sure, not everyone uses this format, but almost everyone does.
Stefan
Bumping.

Actually I see the use of this idea. But maybe more for newer modders (?)
deadbeat
with the new modding system coming up at some point, this could be done
Oinari-sama
I think the title should mention that this is for the mapping forum. It could be confused with "View only zero-reply threads" in the Feature Request forum.