forum

[invalid] osu! Bosses

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Cylix Blocky
I was just going through YouTube watching some Taiko no Tatsujin and I noticed that there are times in that game where you are pitted against an enemy who does nothing more than mess up the screen every now and then, making it harder for you to score points and defeat the boss. I got interested in that concept and I'm wondering if Ppy might be as well. If that's the case, maybe we can have the option to make boss beatmaps sometime in the near future :)

The idea of the boss is that the enemy has a life bar, which can be depleted as you hit the notes correctly. The enemy will occasionally throw in obstacles to obscure vision or throw you off rhythm, making it harder for you to hit the notes. Should the song end before either one of you run out of health, the victor is determined by who has more health.

Heck, put this in the multiplayer system, it'd be awesome to see two people going head to head.

My idea of the multiplayer boss system is much similar to the one above. The only difference is that the enemy health cannot be depleted; he/she has to mess it up himself/herself for you to win. The only way to attack is to fill up a separate bar by hitting the notes correctly. Once it fills completely, it will automatically be consumed and obscure the enemy's vision. Be careful, as the enemy will be able to do the same.

For some of you who don't even KNOW Taiko no Tatsujin and assumed it was some sorta RPG game, Taiko no Tatsujin is a rhythm game focused on Taiko Drums. I'm not going too deep into detail about it because it's on osu!, people! ( :x )
Marcin
And what's this game, an RPG?!
Mara
Circle clicki-in' RPG,
It is the only one just for me
When I play the song I get lost in a stream
Then I find out I’m stuck in BD’s maps

But honestly, this sounds silly.
Yuzeyun

Mara wrote:

this sounds silly.
Topic Starter
Cylix Blocky
It seemed like such a good idea D:
I don't know where it went wrong :(
Shohei Ohtani

Cylix Blocky wrote:

I don't know where it went wrong :(

But this seems similar to osu!story mode, which has been suggested a lot of times. Except that instead of going through a story, it'd just be fighting baddies
Misterkister
I don't think Bosses are necessary for this game, though...
CsavarNat16
Who would want a boss stage on a rhythm game? Don't get it.
[Kanzaki Ranko]

CsavarNat16 wrote:

This idea did come from Taiko no Tatsujin, where it did work.
And I find it pretty cool, tbh. But pretty hard to execute on osu! (stuff to hinder your sight other than what the current mods provide will be kinda hard to get)
CsavarNat16

Maav wrote:

CsavarNat16 wrote:

This idea did come from Taiko no Tatsujin, where it did work.
And I find it pretty cool, tbh. But pretty hard to execute on osu! (stuff to hinder your sight other than what the current mods provide will be kinda hard to get)
Well, I think that won't suit on osu! though. :?
Grox
No offense... but it's not a good idea. :|
Syrus
No.
Knarf

Syrus wrote:

No.
osu RPG? >v<
Shohei Ohtani

kookookook wrote:

Syrus wrote:

No.
osu RPG? >v<
I'd prefer to have an osu! Visual Novel first.
Flower
Note that osu! is a rhythm game. That's all I want to say.
Natsu

CDFA wrote:

kookookook wrote:

osu RPG? >v<
I'd prefer to have an osu! Visual Novel first.
this ^ xD
Topic Starter
Cylix Blocky

Flower wrote:

Note that osu! is a rhythm game. That's all I want to say.
I mentioned stuff in there about that. ._. Did you even read this thing? :l
peppy
Storyboard it.
[Kanzaki Ranko]

peppy wrote:

Storyboard it.
Weren't storyboards rendered in a layer below the one hitobjects are? That way, a storyboard can't cover hitobjects.
Kitsunemimi

kookookook wrote:

Syrus wrote:

No.
osu RPG? >v<
April Fools 2014?
Compa
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy.
Why?
Not just rhythm, but enemies and levels too! Now go and buy yourself a 3DS and go play that game. (As usual it's always easy at the start. I suffered like that e.e)
deadbeat

peppy wrote:

Storyboard it.
our lord and master has spoken