^some NC stuff and antijump shadowing (fixed) in Rejection
Very simplistic. There's lots of combo changes, but I generally don't care about combos. I don't know if BATs still care about it. The song changes rhythms quickly so I assume that's why you use shorter combos.
00:40:251 - Break shouldn't end this early. - changed
01:13:851 (1) - I expected this to follow the arc started by the previous slider. I think you could get the arc mostly right here. What do you think? - well, in the other diffs, I mapped this as independant parts because that's how the music goes; sorta of in stop-and-go pieces, so this was meant to break out of the previous arc's movement like this; keeping
01:16:251 (1) - I really dislike how this is offcentered just before the spinner. It would look so much better if it were placed roughly where the spinner will appear. You can achieve this by having a note here to avoid the close spacing. http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/939062 - did something and put the big slider centered
I'm surprised you mapped it so cleanly. - should I take this as a compliment or as an insult now? :v
00:10:551 (3) - Add drum clap on the end of this slider? - applied; also on all other diffs (that are mine, anyways)
00:21:951 (3,4) - Something about this that doesn't look right. I don't really know why my eyes think the sides aren't equal distances when the proportions all seem to make sense. x.x - wasn't really happy with these things anyways, so did something else that won't strike your eyes
00:34:101 (1,1) - I think you should try to space these further apart. As much as you think is reasonable without having to interfere with your patterns. - neh, I think I like it as-is, though I don't really know why, tbh .-. don't hurt me
01:08:901 (1) - These sliders feel too long. I would have ended them on the second white tick and had the rest as gaps. not sure how to bridge the gap into the next transition if you do this. I would have that figured out if you change. - replaced with moooore sliders
Keep your spacings in check please. - I do
00:18:951 (2,3,4) - Eh if only the song could have avoided these kind of random shape sequences. Oh well. I think it would look better if the larger slider curved more inward to resemble the smaller sliders, but this effect would certainly create a large jump between this pattern and the next one. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/939164 <- this is what I mean. It doesn't seem to be required to maintain spacing, but if you do decide to, change the spacing for this and the next few notes to 1.3. - this is not random, this is simply CTRL-G-ed; 3's end is what I was orientating with here, as these vocals form one string while having a big impact/differance between them, I though that'd be how to do it best
00:34:101 (3,4,1) - I dislike when anti jumps skip over sounds. Also please put 1 correctly on the sound which is 1/3rd. Starting not correctly on the right sound after an anti-jump is even worse. Make spacing like this http://puu.sh/46Km1.jpg It's better. - you're right, it lies on an 1/3 o: didn't notice that before; however, I will keep this "antijump", as the song really does pause here and therefore, it'd feel weird to move any much during this pause
00:35:651 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Such an ugly slider stream. Add some intuitive curves! http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/939187 - UGLY?! iunno, I really find it more suiting to have stuff "squeezed" here, as the vocals really feel stop-and-go-y, that's not even meant to "flow" any majorly, because really, this is a completely different style of attitude that this part has
00:40:151 (12,1,2,3,4,5) - I really don't like this. It's so awkward. If the way you've been mapping the 1/3rds wasn't bad enough. my suggestion is to not have a slider here 00:40:251 - and have one here 00:40:551 - instead. Linking sliders is less awkward than skipping over a vocal chord in a vertical 1/3rd jump that reverses flow. It will help maintain movement. As for the new doubles, you can have a slanted pattern with them. http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/939206 - sorry but it's just how this part feels to me :I
00:42:651 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - What? - boom. really, iunno, I feel like these beats have A LOT of pressure behind them and this was how I felt they should be accentuated
00:52:101 (1) - Combo doesn't need to be this long. - this is one continuous vocal string and go in the music and it just won't feel nice to me when trying to add more combos here (added a new combo on 00:54:051 as it's a strong vocal... I hope that'll help a bit)
00:53:751 (8,9,10) - Random and excessive spacing change here. 9,10 should be the only deviation in spacing here - thing about this spacing is, all the "huge" spacings are not actually played as "huge" as they look in theory, because most of the time you are hitting on/after sliders, which are pretty lenient in this regard; also, there's nothing random about this as likely all jumps are form-building patterns with previous objects (for example, 6's start, 8 and 11 build a triangle, which is not really noticed in play but follows an overall structure)
00:54:951 (13,14,1) - Meh... I prefer something like this http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/939220 instead of an awkward triangle shape. - that's some pretty bad overlap :/ really, I had many tries on this and this triangle thing is what worked out best for me without screwing anything up
00:59:451 (1) - Same as 52 seconds. - did do something
01:22:101 (2) - Good luck with the BATs letting this slider in. The speed change doesn't make any sense. - the speed change is lying on the strong, long vocal change here; all of these two-object combos start on strong vocal accents, so that's what I am following here
01:22:551 (3) - New combo here. It will fit your combo patterns better.
00:12:501 (2,3) - Strange flow. Keep to 1/2th - that was meant to be on the 1/2... apparently osu! misssnapped something.
00:15:051 - This gap does not play well. I suggest adding a repeat to 00:14:901 (1) - to kill some of the emptiness, and spacing it further away from the next sequence that you placed too close to this one. It's also more aesthetically pleasing with the previous slider. Why wouldn't you do it! - added a spinner like in lower diffs; putting more objects would feel weird because there is nothing you should really accentuate here, except for the stream notes and this is... not a diff high enough for that
00:34:401 - Add repeat on the slider for this gap too. - no, that'd be overmapped, sound, look and play bad; this break is important in the song, imo.
00:34:851 (1) - This should be 1/3rd (starting on the bookmark) and repeating on 1/3rd. This sounds and plays so much better after the gap. - I hate you osu!editor, I hate you.
00:37:101 (4) - Probably should be 1/3rd but it felt fine where it is. - fixed to where it initially belonged
00:38:151 (2,3,1) - Has strange flow. A repeat slider covering the vocals seems to carry the best flow IMO. - neh, keeping as is, as I don't feel any "backtracking" would go well with the song at this point
00:44:901 (3,1) - spacing is larger than normal. - ...by 0.05x, but anyways, fixed
I have a headache. going to stop
- bg size should be 1366 x 768. Yours is a pixel off, slap me later - /slap
- Artist should be "Suzuki Konomi n' Kiba of Akiba". Proof is in the video: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/940623 and you have it in artist unicode - the hipster is strong with japan
- the kiai times of all diffs except Insane and RLC should be consistent. Simply delete the last kiai from Rejection or apply it to your other 3 diffs. - thought I changed that back then, anyhow, removed the flash in Rejection and Insane
00:06:501 (1) - Finish on head would sound nice - see what I forgot to do!
00:15:051 (1,1) - kinda worried these are too close especially for a higher bpm song. Try this instead: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/940640 The extension of the spinner is also a safe bonus imo - servers are sheeting on me right now; I assume you mean extending the spinner to the slider's start? did that.
00:33:051 (1) - Ctrl + J for better contrast with 00:30:951 (2) - ? http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/940646 - i just used a mirrored version of 2!!
00:48:351 (1) - Delete NC, I didn't catch the point of these single combos - I initially took the comboing of Rejection over to the other diffs, so that's why it was a bit screwed here
01:21:651 (1) - ^, the combo spam might confuse beginners who follow the notes numerically (idk who does actually though lol), especially with the low AR - w/e, i did something about it, as I can see a bit of a string within the music here (also did so in Normal)
00:13:551 (2) - Add reverse. Catching the downbeat in this case feels more natural imo - whatever downbeat means, HUE (added reverse and put finish)
00:37:851 (1) - Try starting this back at the red tick http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/940699 (ignore note placement) It'll catch the hold of the vocals, which is more dominating in this section - yup, did do
00:45:951 (3,4,5) - maybe arrange them something like this to avoid breaking distance snap http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/940661 - yup
01:13:551 (1,2) - Try this rhythm instead https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/940736 (ignore note placement again lol) Having the sliders match the drumroll would be neat - this /ss/ appears to be shiddin me, won't open :< anyways, replaced with a slider and also changed an NC after
00:34:776 (1) - snap to 1/6 http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/940771 - did from TVO's mod already
00:42:801 (2,1) - This spacing is too extreme in proportion to the rhythm i feel. Additionally the tone of the music doesnt merit this big of a jump imo. Same for the other combos after this. Consider moving these closer - let's say, I redesigned this a little... would like your feedback on that
00:58:701 (8) - Stack this tail on the head of (5). just an idea - just did do
01:19:851 (1) - i'm really feeling sketchy about this. Why not just end the spinner here? if you're keeping it though, NC - keeping; a spinner end wouldn't put pressure on this beat, as the player would not actively participate in playing it
00:06:501 (2) - Finish on head - yup
00:12:501 (2) - oops, extend to red tick - indeed, I hate editor snapping errors.
00:13:251 (1,1) - Highly suggest you separate these. This type of touching usually indicates a 1/2 or 1/4 rhythm. as a result, this little antijump may cause some confusion - this was meant to be 1/3, so... this is fixed because I fixed the snapping error that edit did
00:30:351 (7) - Add a reverse. I see this quick 1/4 slider really inviting players to immediately go for the next note when the rhythm is actually extended more. It's a similar antijump case as the previous point - THIS WAS AN 1/2 SLIDER WHAT ARE YOU DOING EDIT ;_;
00:32:451 (1,1) - again, consider separating these - again, I HATE EDIT ;_;
00:34:851 (1) - snap to 1/6 please http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/940804 - fixd, i suppose?
RLC is seductively awkward
00:13:251 (1) - This drumroll actually uses 1/4 and 1/6 if you hear it closely. Try this rhythm or something similar http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/940820 (1) is 1/4 and (2) is 1/6 btw - changed
00:34:776 (1) - snap to 1/6 - fix'd, i suppose
01:19:851 (1) - Like in Rejection, i'm really against this 1/4 right after the spinner - well I do, for given reasons :I
Pretty sweet map
i was under slight time constraints so sorry if I didn't elaborate some points enough xD feel free to pm if that happens
Good luck for the rank!!
- 00:10:851 (2) - Turn into a kickslider? It matches the drums more that way. I mean something like http://puu.sh/47D9t.jpg - that's ugly... did it better o3o
- 00:15:951 (1) - New combo seems useless. There is no SV change and doesn't seem like there is anything big happening in the music. - yaya
- 00:24:501 (6) - I'd start the new combo here and remove the next combo. - neh, the next NC is put on the guitar part which really kicks in on the white tick here
- 00:24:876 (3) - Remove note and re-space the other two notes. This triplet has always felt a little "unfitting" to me. - iunno, to me, it really contributes to the build-up, as it ends in a clapsound and so, that sounded like that'd be the best way to accentuate it :I
- 00:34:776 (1) - This should be on the purple tick, not the blue one. Did you forget to put this back when you re-snapped notes or something? o3o - 00:34:751 (1) - you're talking about that note, right? .-. that's on the purple tick already, 1/3 before 2
- 00:39:551 (10,11) - Feels better switched around like this http://puu.sh/47DHG.jpg (I know you want to map the snare sound at 00:39:651 - probably, so you could also consider doing this http://puu.sh/47DKW.jpg ) Currently, I feel that the slider is too long and plays "off" from the music. - oki
- 00:41:351 (6,7,8) - http://puu.sh/47DXo.jpg ? to give more variety and not put in extra notes. - yus, why not, changed
- 00:42:651 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - this has always seemed so overdone imo... but since you are the mapper you can choose to keep if you want. Technically, since even the first time I played this, I played it correctly and in subsequent tries I've SS'd this numerous times, it's playable, but in terms of "fitting" I am a little hesitant to agree with that. Here's one other possible idea http://puu.sh/47EgO.jpg -> http://puu.sh/47Ehu.jpg -> http://puu.sh/47EhX.jpg - I gave this another try; consult me on that IRC? .-.
- 00:51:276 - I'm actually really liking to add a note here. COnsider doing that? - ney, that's overmapped and really not my taste :I
- 00:53:901 (9) - I think putting this on top of combo 6 ( 00:53:301 (6) - ) works better. I don't think you need a jump between 00:53:751 (8,9) - , but the jump between 00:53:901 (9,10) - makes sense and is still there if you apply this. - yussa, makes sense, did do
- 01:02:451 (3,4,5,6) - Always has played a little awkward for me because the emphasized beats are not where the jump is. The jumps sounds like it should be between 01:02:301 (2,3) - and between 01:02:901 (6,7) - . Perhaps you might want to think of some rearrangement of this pattern to fit that? - yup, put a bit of work into that
- 01:18:576 (1) - silence the end of the spinner? - did do
- 01:22:101 (2) - Well i read this wrong like 3 times before I started to remember the actualy rhythm. - i wanna keep this, that's an important part right there ya
- 01:24:051 (5,1) - there should be a bigger jump between these two notes imo. http://puu.sh/47EKS.jpg or something like that? It also plays better imo. - did do something here
- 00:11:076 - add note here? D: - nou! (this isn't meant to be streamish in terms of hitsounding; i think putting it like this puts better highlights for how to play this diff, as it really is significantly easier than Rejection)
- 00:13:251 (1) - snapping should be on 1/6 - give me a timestamp because really, I only hear this being 1/4 and starting on white
- 00:32:751 (1) - I'd remove the new combo as there is no SV change or emphasized note here. - it's pairs of 3 hits each, so i'd rather keep it
- 00:34:776 (1) - purple ticks plz ._. - I still do not understand; listening at 25% doesn't change my mind either :/
- 00:35:651 (1) - remove combo. - bad happy30 putting NCs where they don't belong!!
- 00:38:451 (3) - Easier to read and fits better like this imo http://puu.sh/47F8X.jpg - I think it's fine as-is here, didn't see anyone misreading this either
- 00:38:951 (5,6) - Consider turning this into a slider? - did something, not sure whether this suits what you thought of, but I think it fits well .-.
- 00:40:551 (3) - better if you removed the repeat and added a note at 00:41:051 - imo. Having the end of that repeat slider end at 00:40:951 - is kinda awkward when nothing is playing there ._. - it's called reverse arrow, but did that
- 00:44:151 (2) - I would remove this repeat and add a note at 00:44:451 - since it's a main beat and it follows your pattern. - ja
- 00:51:201 (1) - Perhaps turn into a slider? http://puu.sh/47Fkx.jpg - i don't think this suits the song well here; I'm rather seing this "pause of action" as to prepare for the upcoming jumppattern
- 00:55:251 (1) - remove combo...? - OR SO YOU SAY (that's a yes)
- 00:57:201 (1) - I'd remove this combo and add it to the next note. Then move this closer to combo 5 and add a jump between 00:57:201 (1,2) - . Maybe like http://puu.sh/47FoY.jpg ? - neh, that's not a very nice jump there; did it "my way", as they say
- 00:59:001 (1) - I would remove this combo too tbh. It just feels weird since it's just 1 combo long lol - them accidential combo-takeovers from highest diff :<<
- 01:13:551 (4,1) - Man this is the most deceiving spacing everrrrrr ahhhhhhhh. A possibility it to make 01:13:551 (4) - into a 1/2 tick slider... but that might sound weird. Or u can try putting 01:13:851 (1,2,3,4) - really far away lol - I believe that's because you played Rejection for like 200 times by now ;v didn't see anyone get this wrong up to now
- 01:17:151 (1,2,1,2,3,4) - Why not slowly increase the spacing to follow the music? - yaya, good idea, did do
- 01:18:576 (1) - Silence spinner ends sounds better to me - did do aswell
- 00:03:051 - I think adding a note it better. http://puu.sh/47Mtj.jpg - did do
- 00:12:501 (2) - end slider at 00:12:801 - this might be on purpose, and i know what you are doing if it is, but it just doesn't make sense in this context lol - that's what you call editor making stupid things with beatsnaps
- 00:24:351 (3) - http://puu.sh/47MAn.jpg - i'm sticking to drums here
- 00:30:351 (7) - not 100% the meaning of this, but you're better off doing something like this http://puu.sh/47MEF.jpg - that's what you call editor making stupid things with beatsnaps
- 00:35:451 - add a slider here that ends at 00:35:751 - and remove 00:35:751 (1) - it's awkward to not map the main beat like this... - did do smth, but not a slider, as this is more stop-go mapped than in the higher diffs
- 00:37:701 (1,2) - space closer together otherwise the spacing will be confusing. - did do
- 00:57:801 (2,3) - imo these two notes will work better as a slider since the vocals is singing a held note. - i like it more as two circles for this diff, as it puts more emphasis on exactly these points (and a double hit just feels better, going into 4)
- 01:02:751 (4,5) - maybe change into a slider and a circle. FIts the vocals slightly more here. http://puu.sh/47MVb.jpg - ja.
- 01:13:551 - I'd actually add a note here. Makes it easier to read and feels better to me - sounds good so why not
- 00:13:851 - Just do something like this... 1 measure rest here is weird http://puu.sh/47Nep.jpg or something else. I don't think you should leave this part unmapped - made it a long slider and added a circle at 00:14:451 (3) -
- 00:21:351 (2,3) - follow vocals more? one possible idea http://puu.sh/47N8y.jpg - i'm going with the steady drumbeat for this, as the vocals are a bit too... well 'abrupt' for a low diff, so to say
- 00:31:551 (3,4) - http://puu.sh/47NaO.jpg try that - did something like that o3o
- 00:33:201 (1) - You should really unstack this imo, otherwise it makes it hard to read for less experienced players. - ja.
- 00:47:751 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5) - what's up with the smaller spacing? I don't think it's necessary. If anything, At least 00:49:701 (1,2,3,4,5) - should be spaced with the original distance snapping imo. - well, these sounds are quite packed and that's where there are packed 1/4 in the high diffs, so that's why; adjusted latter ones tho
- 00:51:501 (5) - this should be a repeat slider imo... http://puu.sh/47Nlw.jpg - okay
- 00:57:651 (1,2) - I'd rather you do something like http://puu.sh/47NqJ.jpg - ya
- 01:00:051 (3,1) - Stacks like these I'm just meh about. I still feel like you should try to avoid most stacks in the easier difficulties, and espeically ones like these. - hope you're satisfied with how it is now
- 01:03:351 (3,1) - I'd rahter something like this http://puu.sh/47Nvx.jpg I'm just trying to simplify the rhytm. Having all of these different timed rests and beats is extremely difficlt to read for beginners. - okay
- 01:13:551 (1,2,1,1) - I don't know what just happened to the spacing here.. but you really need to keep it consistent and sensible you might want to consider ending the slider ( 01:13:551 (1) - ) at 01:14:301 - and remove the existing note. - fixed that at previous mods but couldn't update due to BSS issues :<
- 01:22:400 (1,1) - Still shouldn't be allowed in the easier diffs. THere are much better alternatives imo than this - i hope i found a way to please you
Rhythm feels a little too complex here, but it's not completely unreadable or anything... Just feeling a little hesitant about having this for a normal.
- 00:15:051 (1) - This slider is way too short for an Easy diff. EIther chang eit into a slider or start the spinner earlier. - *spinner; hue, let's see whether this works out
- 00:35:451 - Still an avid believer that all diffs by the same mapper should have the same parts mapped :< unless you have a special reason not to do so, which I don't see here. And no, don't give me the excuse that the rhythm is too hard :< - okay, the rhythm is too hard. hurrr. no really, i can't imagine anything easy-ish on this, concrete suggestions on IRC are welcome tho
- 00:44:901 (1,2,1,2,1,1,1,2) - okay, kinda gonna be hard to read for less experienced players. YOu might have to just make the slider end land on the main beat, or use longer sliders or something. - merged first one into one large slider (no finish hitsound on the end, as without the double one, it'll feel odd and without hitsounds, it makes the next one feel more magnificent)
- 01:01:701 - okay you definitely should not leave this as a break... - would you like to have your way on IRC with me? o3o (yes, I am well aware how this sounds)
- 01:21:051 (1,1) - COnsider turning this into a slider - no, that'd take the whole impact on the second note away and really, that's not what I want here
RLC is a child that needs help
- 00:07:401 - imo you should map these spaces. It's actually really awkward to play for the first few times because the previous notes were all so flowing and consistent, and then suddenly you decide to add these spaces. After like two times, it feels more normal because i heard it like so many times. But the combination of the beginning patterns and this just don't mesh well imo. Also this is a difficulty in between insane and Hard, so you might as well just make it a little harder to fulfill it's duty better. i tried to make this map easy though, and the 1/1 gaps in places other than the kiai help bring out the continuous flow in the kiai itself more imo
- 00:13:251 (1) - you should remove 1 repeat and add a note at 00:13:851 - If you don't it just feels awkward imo seems like jenny already changed this for me.
- 00:20:901 - Imo you should add a note here to follow vocals indeed
- 00:22:101 (1) - I don't think the new combo is necessary since it's still the same musical phrase ehhhhh i'd prefer to keep my combos at one measure max cuz im a fag like that
- 00:27:201 (1) - ^
- 00:29:301 (1) - ^
- 00:31:701 (1) - ^
- 00:32:451 (1) - same as the first suggestion done, to reflect how jenny did it in the first one.
- 00:34:851 (3) - uhhh, use soft hitsounds or something? THis is a little too noisy. Also imo, you should map out 00:35:451 - the empty space is kinda weird to listen to. reduced volume, added slider.
- 00:46:551 (2,3) - try this? http://puu.sh/47MmL.jpg (well actually you might want to consider changing the triplet into a repeat slider, meh too lazy to reupload) nah, i want to keep it to those vocals
- 00:55:251 (3,4) - Would work better imo if you changed combo 3 into a repeat slider and added a note at 00:55:701 - oakey
- 01:23:601 - add note to fit with the vocals, i'd rather not have a keypress here... but i have redesigned that ending a bit so that the 1/1 is a slider instead of a gap
I feel like in general you could do something more than just space literally everything evenly. Add some jumps in kiai or something...? D: idk man. Seems a little too restricted sometimes. And it's much easier than the Insane. I don't have much to say on this, but sometimes I felt like you could do just a little more than you have. Maybe even add more hitcircles instead of spamming sliders everywhere. idk idk i was really afraid of making it too hard, so i stuck to DS and used a lot of 1/1 gaps as you noticed... i had no idea that jenny was going to go and map another hard asdfjasl;dfkgjas;dlkfj this is why i try to avoid mapping lowdiffs for others)
i had a feeling this was the case.
RLC wrote:idk i was really afraid of making it too hard, so i stuck to DS and used a lot of 1/1 gaps as you noticed... i had no idea that jenny was going to go and map another hard asdfjasl;dfkgjas;dlkfj this is why i try to avoid mapping lowdiffs for others)
Try to avoid using hitobjects directly after spinners