forum

ITT we request and give CRITIQUES!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bread
Ah well I'm sure now and then artists like to get some honest opinions on their work, and sometimes they like to put on a hat and call themselves Robert Hughes. I didn't really see a place for it so I figured I'd make a thread where you can post some artworks you'd like feedback on, and in return other people provide said feedback. I made a thread like this in another forum and it ended well so let's just hope this one does too.

Just putting this out there though, there's a difference between being blunt and just downright douche-y about something. Same goes for the other party, if you get butthurt really easily this might not be the best place to get feedback u _ u

that said, this should also be for your artwork.

To get things started here's my most recent work lol

I personally felt the colors were kinda bland but I'd love to hear what you guys think so uh
qwops off
meiikyuu
cute :D
Bweh

meiikyuu wrote:

cute :D
yes, no doubt.

The colors are pretty good, the pic looks even better up close, but the color on the eyes seems like a mess to me. I can't see what you were trying to do with the eyes except for what kind of looks like flowers on one corner.
Topic Starter
Bread

Brian OA wrote:

The colors are pretty good, the pic looks even better up close, but the color on the eyes seems like a mess to me. I can't see what you were trying to do with the eyes except for what kind of looks like flowers on one corner.
oh I can explain that,

there's a pixel artist that I worship really admire, kimqi and I was analyzing her art when I noticed the eyes she draws are really.. messy?? when zoomed in

like there's evidently green pixels in the picture but when you zoom out

you don't see any of the green (witchcraft!) so I tried imitating the style but I guess it wasn't quite right, hahah.

((art is from http://fav.me/d4ywius))

also sidenote wow I hope I'm not going to be the only one posting art in this thread >_<
Bweh
Consider how the eyes in his case are smaller than in yours

I'll post something in a bit.
CsavarNat16
It's really nice :D
Pixel art always makes me happy because they're cute ;;
boat

Bread wrote:

SPOILER
oh I can explain that,

there's a pixel artist that I worship really admire, kimqi and I was analyzing her art when I noticed the eyes she draws are really.. messy?? when zoomed in

you don't see any of the green (witchcraft!) so I tried imitating the style but I guess it wasn't quite right, hahah.

also sidenote wow I hope I'm not going to be the only one posting art in this thread >_<
You're misinterpreting what the artist did. The difference between yours and that other piece is the blending of colors and the palette, and your misconception of that it's "messy" when it's actually not. It's pretty much two parts, the blue and slightly reddish brown is blended and the green is bringing out the contrast as a highlight. View it in value and you'll see how it's not actually messy at all, rather a pretty clever and skillful way of bringing depth and contrast into the piece even on such a tiny canvas.

(sorry tablet is charging)
Topic Starter
Bread

boat wrote:

You're misinterpreting what the artist did. The difference between yours and that other piece is the blending of colors and the palette, and your misconception of that it's "messy" when it's actually not. It's pretty much two parts, the blue and slightly reddish brown is blended and the green is bringing out the contrast as a highlight. View it in value and you'll see how it's not actually messy at all, rather a pretty clever and skillful way of bringing depth and contrast into the piece even on such a tiny canvas.

..jfc IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW

thanks for that, I've never really been too good with values but it looks pretty useful so I guess I'll check it out.. on your resource thread ofc |D
Bweh
boat is op as usual
Kyandiix96

Bread wrote:

Brian OA wrote:

oh I can explain that,

This happens when you do pixels. It's sloppy or messy when you zoom in to see it. But it would help if you use similar shades.