forum

Which osu mode do you play the most? and why?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Knarf
I play osu! standard the most because I suck at other modes.
Topic Starter
Grox

kookookook wrote:

I play osu! standard the most because I suck at other modes.
Hahaha, I want to play osu! standard but I don't have a tablet, whenever I play with my mouse, I always screw up with the spinners, and it's too fast for the mouse.
CsavarNat16

Grox wrote:

Hahaha, I want to play osu! standard but I don't have a tablet, whenever I play with my mouse, I always screw up with the spinners, and it's too fast for the mouse.
You don't really need tablet to play standard mode though, just a broken mouse and hard work would do. ;)

Oh yes, I play CtB currently because this mode gives a lot of score. (because scores makes me happy >.<)
This is just my opinion tho ;;
Aqo
I play osu!mania the most now because when I play osu!standard it makes me want to kill myself, when I play taiko the big dons scary the hell out of me, and playing CtB makes me think about food and I end up leaving to eat.

osu2jam pls
Topic Starter
Grox

Aqo wrote:

I play osu!mania the most now because when I play osu!standard it makes me want to kill myself, when I play taiko the big dons scary the hell out of me, and playing CtB makes me think about food and I end up leaving to eat.

osu2jam pls
Why quit osu! standard? you're pretty good at this and you're level 100.

I mastered 4k - 6k, but I really suck at 7k. There's too many of them.
Soulg
osu! standard because fingers are shitty for taiko, CtB makes me hungry too, and i cant even do like 3K on mania
Inori40
I like to play osu! mania, because I want to join my friends so I can play with them. :)
RaneFire

Grox wrote:

Aqo wrote:

osu2jam pls
Why quit osu! standard? you're pretty good at this and you're level 100.

I mastered 4k - 6k, but I really suck at 7k. There's too many of them.
I haven't played osu!standard much lately, though it is my "most played." The fun has slowly drained away as I haven't really improved in so long. I get to play an hour at the end of my day and mostly spend that hour just getting my finger speed back to where it was the previous night, and then it's time to sleep again.

So yeah, been "mostly playing" taiko recently because of the dons and kats which make it a bit more interesting. Learning to read that shit is hard at first too, can feel myself improving every time I play, and this gives me a small sense of accomplishment.
I find mania 4K a bit boring, so I've tried some 7K, but I plan to play that more later.

I play this game half for the music, half for the game... so I would rather make sure the other half is fun by learning something new, (mostly mental), rather than trying to extend my physical limits - which requires more time and effort than I am willing to spare, and may end up not working at all.

Sometimes you just gotta move on.
enik
That's what you get from #superintensenofunallowedfullscreenAR12death trainings.
silmarilen
i pretty much only play standard because im good at it
Aqo

Grox wrote:

Why quit osu! standard?
Because I've already played every single map that I like countless times and it's far too rare that new fun maps are being made let alone get ranked, and it's frustrating as hell to spend 5 hours warming up just to be able to beat one of my own previous plays on one of those maps by a tiny margin.
Kalas_old
osu standard because its cool
rarely ctb when im bored
I mostly never play taiko or mania because im too retarded to press more than 2 buttons
Kurokami
I'm playing CtB for 2 years now. I started it because I haven't improved in Standard. And ended up being the best in my country tho I'm not even near those pros worldwide. q.q My ultimate goal to reach #8 both pp and score, but probably this will never happen so I'm just playing just for fun now.
Drace
I play osu!mania exclusively since it resembles other games I've played. DJMAX, ez2on, IIDX, stepmania, o2jam, etc, etc. For a rhythm game, I like more the "play the music" type with multiple tracks rather than the "play along" type. :/

I only play standard on a couple insanes with my mouse to warm up my accuracy before playing an fps lol
XK2238
Taiko because it has a non-exponential scoring and the most lenient HP system unlike other modes especially std, where you can fail even without misses (I play it sometimes though, but still, it's a bit too harsh. It's also more demanding, physically).
also apparently I suck at aiming, so yeah.
Asagi Mutsuki
Taiko because:
1) It's cute!Don-chan plushies anyone?
2)YOU WILL NOT AT THE MIDDLE OF A SONG:Sometimes when I play osu standard and thinking I'm going to pass the song when...BOOM!A cute little stream appears and I fail to react and fail it
3)I suck at other modes(especially ctb)
Magemaker
I like taiko, catch the beat and osu mania, but I don't play osu standard because i am very bad at it
Leguna
i play osu mania for the most, because it's really resembling piano ( because i love piano that's why)
though i still sucks at hard + insane diff :roll:
Da7shadow
:x
Topic Starter
Grox

Da7shadow wrote:

Mania: Fails, all day every day. I always screw up on the sliders for some reason.
You just need some practice, it's very hard at first, but you'll get used to it. :)
Aquamarine
Standard; because it was the standard mode of play for so long. I love Taiko and mania though. More people need to get into Taiko IMO. Me thinks not many play it just because of the harsh difficulty curve. CTB I find it a joke (don't get mad at me!).
Asagi Mutsuki

Kalas wrote:

I mostly never play taiko or mania because im too retarded to press more than 2 buttons
You know that you don't need to press more than two buttons once in taiko right?
Inori40

cdhsausageboy wrote:

Kalas wrote:

You know that you don't need to press more than two buttons once in taiko right?
I think he meant about the mania part.
DivinityAce
i play osu!mania because of my friend,want to play osu!standard because there were too many people told me that "playing osu! mania doesn't have something good at all" i'm became kind of desperate because of them.but in here i relieved,this topics discussion.show me that every players know what they're good at and not :D .for the record i like playing osu!mania,if the maps were good and entertaining :p.
ManuelOsuPlayer
I started play Std because it was the most complete mode relates to music. I don't like fruits, for me it's like a minigame instead a game. I don't like minigames in general. Taiko is cool but to much simple in my opinion. Mania seems really fun, but way to hard to get into it. Even easier levels with halftime mod seems to me like try to start playing Std spaming 6* maps. Not noob friendly - 9mm Parabellum Bullet - Inferno [Painfully Easy] (37.75%) It's suposed to be fun even the first maps you try.
Big difference with std and taiko MR.ED JUMPS THE GUN - SMOKE [Normal] (88.54%)
Nanachii
ctb bec it was my first game mode
+ std even tho i cant play it
i used to do taiko but it fucked my ctb skills so i stopped
mania is just no
Edgar_Figaro
Wow the super necro posting here lol

Well I enjoy playing all the modes. I have the most playcount/time in Standard but I don’t play it as much recently.

I like Taiko the best but that’s probably just because I like the scoring system the most. Also it seems more music that is mapped for Taiko is in genres that I like more.
mulraf
playing everything but standard is probably the best for me. the other modes come and go, get boring or exciting after a while, so that i always am rotating them around, but standard is always fun. ctb probably comes in second :o
therattyjam
i play ctb the most because its very fun,and also mania
Molly Sandera
My favorite mode is standard because of the added aim element to it. Feels very gamer-like. But it's based on the rhythm still, which definitely makes it a different kind of fun. I'm interested in playing taiko on a drumlike machine, i liked beating stuff to the rhythm. Mania's high learning curve (learning to operate on many fingers with the correct timing) is fun in it's own way. Catch the beat..... Well it's not a true rhythm game, and it's like really simple so it's the easiest of all modes to master on. And it's pretty boring for me
Simon12
The reason I play standard is because I like aiming at circles and click them to the beat.
Molly Sandera

Simon12 wrote:

The reason I play standard is because I like aiming at circles and click them to the beat.

Same
- Lena -
STD... don't feel like playing others...