forum

[WIP] osu!mania maps, sorted by difficulty

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nekro_old_1

ShinHikari wrote:

@Nekro:
You can try to find the most comfortable speed for yourself by add or subtract the speed.
And also, you can create your own minimum and maximum speed.

For example, my current speed when playing a map are x13 for 200 BPM and x15 for 180 BPM. Then, I make my speed range between 2.6K - 2.7K.
But when play Lily - Scarlet Rose (320 BPM), I play with 2 option (with x8 and x9). Realize that x9 is too fast and can't to be played, I change the speed to x8 and also change the speed range into 2.5K - 2.7K.
How about the 100 BPM? You can pick one of the 2 speed option; either x25 or x26 as long as the speed is in your speed range and you can play comfortably.

Once you get your own speed range, you can apply it into entire Beatmaps you want to play.
So you can't get dizzy easily and enjoy the game :)
Yeah, I got that figured out :D
bananacake304
This thread is really helping me out on improving my skills and some of the songs are really helping me with my problems on LNs. This is just what I needed, just a few days ago I've been beating my personal records after practicing with the suggested maps. Thanks a lot for posting this!
(it looks like Gamebrain is missing, everytime I click the link it says that the beatmap was not found)
Horozen
Thanks for this thread. :3
Fissie
Awesome thread, except one thing... In Beginner 3, on Chain Destruction, I get about 94%, and on the one right below, Flowe Flag, I get 74%. Is it just me, or Flower flag is just way harder? It's weird to me, since they're in the same difficulty :v
Pinecone
Appreciating this thread entozerrr. Keep up the work :P
PyaKura
ento stap bein lezy ass

:D
Taadashi

Envisionise wrote:

Finished Expert 8's Nou Shou + Heart of Witch, but I still can't do xepher or music revolver which are expert 6 and 7 :c
Finished as in survived or good rank? :P
Envisionise

Taadashi wrote:

Envisionise wrote:

Finished Expert 8's Nou Shou + Heart of Witch, but I still can't do xepher or music revolver which are expert 6 and 7 :c
Finished as in survived or good rank? :P

Survived haha, I'm not sure how you would get rank on those though
Tear
By the way, most unranked songs that are now deleted should be available from http://bloodcat.com/osu/ .
ikzune
since the start i have always been scared of trying 7k, just stuck with 4k since it has been fun now with this new keyboard i am expanding out, my 5k is alright 4k is quite good still can always improve, thanks to this guide i am actually enjoying 7k and am not scared of it anymore, 8k and 6k though im playing them and after 50 replays of some maps since there isnt much map variety not getting anywhere, i am going to try lr2 with some suggested songs and hope that helps, any more advice on finding a good way to learn these keys would help

p.s. im glad this is introducing me to nonautoconverts right away and starting to teach different patterns right from the start with enough ease that i can move into it and slowly get better c:

oath sign lv .3 cant be found will post more as i find
chain de/struction is being treated as a bad link idk if thats just me though
shinseitaiju lv .5 missing link

beginner 4 is easier then some beginner 3 songs i find personally
katphish
All these deleted maps :( I checked the Korean website but I couldn't find them there. Is there any way at all to find Game Brain and shinseitaiju?
PyaKura

katphish wrote:

All these deleted maps :( I checked the Korean website but I couldn't find them there. Is there any way at all to find Game Brain and shinseitaiju?
Shiraishi - Shinseitaiju

I'd post Game Brain as well but I cba starting the game to export the mapset lol.
katphish

PyaKura wrote:

katphish wrote:

Shiraishi - Shinseitaiju

I'd post Game Brain as well but I cba starting the game to export the mapset lol.
Thank you so much bro.
mycool57
awesome thread learning 7k 8-)
Jin Xero
We'll update this soon again (^^)b
PyaKura
wow JX I thought you were ded lol

Good to see this being revived again.

inb4 ETozer loses motivation... again. :D
BlackCobra89
5 level to advanced :)
ikzune
i think my practise level is novice 10- advanced 1 now, hasn't taken too long, now the issue is finding time in between school and other games to practise ;-;
Plutarch_old
When should I move on to the next song in the progression? I play each until I get an S ranking -- should I be going for an SS every time before moving on instead? I have been playing for a couple of hours and I'm on Beginner Level 3.

Thank you!
Tornspirit
SS is unrealistic. Go for either A or S if you want to play patterns until you're comfortable with them, or high B if you just want to try to learn as many new patterns as possible.
Plutarch_old
Alright, I will continue to go for S rankings (or A if I'm just spending forever on one song). Thank you!
Bobbias
Honestly, play whatever you have the most fun playing.

I spend most of my time playing stuff that I can't even pass (or can pass with a C or low B) because I find them a lot more fun than stuff I can A or S.
PyaKura
Since he's a beginner I think he should aim for As and Ss for now to train accuracy. In higher level play accuracy is already kinda acquired so it's not much of a problem when playing hard stuff but it's not something a beginner wants.

edit : my, it's already my 999th post.
Bobbias

PyaKura wrote:

Since he's a beginner I think he should aim for As and Ss for now to train accuracy. In higher level play accuracy is already kinda acquired so it's not much of a problem when playing hard stuff but it's not something a beginner wants.

edit : my, it's already my 999th post.
As far as I've been able to tell, accuracy will improve over time just by playing, whereas the ability to play harder patterns only comes from pushing your limits. If you focus on accuracy over difficulty at low skill levels, it will take much longer to build up your skill at harder patterns.

Ultimately, nobody can force anyone to play in a specific way, but I believe that new players should actually stop focusing on accuracy until they've at least made it to the hard/insane difficulty range.
Tristan97
Hey guys! Just crossed the 1k rank barrier and decided that if I wanted to keep progressing, I'd have to look deeper. I really like this thread and see myself around advanced level 4 or so.

Keep up the great work Entozer! and please continue to expand your list, each 'rank' only having one or two beatmaps at the advanced/expert level is kinda suffering.

Anyways, after thinking about the difficult songs out there and seeing the ever-relevant #rankhardermaps2014, I have to ask.

Why haven't harder maps been ranked?

I know +Danshi is on it's way towards being approved, but seriously, especially with the converts, I don't see why we can't have more of the challenging songs out there. I would love to the osu!mania community expand with more experts being drawn in by the ranked competition that they could use to improve themselves, etc.

But seriously, why? Is it the people ranking maps getting flooded with too many (easier) beatmaps to have time to deal with the harder ones?

Please enlighten me.
Drace
In order for a map to get ranked, it needs 3 things pretty much. To be "good" from a quality, playability and musicality perspective. To be "recognized" by the community, aka gain popularity. And constant activity from the mapper's part, integrating mods, showing it off and bothering the BATs (lol).

Most hard maps are either not good, or not popular. And the one that are both are often mapped my mappers who really don't care about ranking their map. Not really the the mappers' fault.

Not a problem per-say imo, it is the community's choice after all. Things might evolve in the future, seems things are already moving forward a little.
Tristan97
I see.

Seeing as how osu!mania is now two years old, along with all the dilligence that's been put into forming a difficulty scale (I love the new star system), I think that some people might be encouraged to increase there skill. I've seen so many people either play all the hardest 4k songs (Banging Burst Level 15/16, Imperishable Night 2006 4k insane, Kamui insane, Intersect Thunderbolt Remix, Don't Cut, Elemental Creation, etc.) and cap their performance points at about 3,300 or so PP. I've also seen people like 'Latitude Chaser' create an account, get a 99.71% on Imperishable Night 2006 Lunatic difficulty, and then delete his account an hour or two later. I know that the osu!mania community has absorbed a lot of the o2jam players, and after downloading a thousand or so BMS/stepmania/o2jam songs, I'm wondering why Sister's Noise, G59, and Zakura are the highest o2jam levels we have. How about Only My Railgun's full song with the level 44 difficulty? I'm not experienced at mapping, but I think the autoconvert is close to the quality it needs to be for ranking. Why haven't we ranked any BMS songs? I also think we could promote the community to competitive players looking to play the game if some of these converts are approved. Is there something in the project section I haven't seen about this? I respect the community and it's choices, but I do believe there are people looking to see harder maps approved.

At the very least, couldn't scores for submitted beatmaps be uploaded online to facilitate people to compete with each other instead of keeping a less meaningful local ranking.

Maybe I'm just stepping in and saying this without knowing what I'm talking about, but I'd like to encourage the game to evolve and for mappers to keep up the hard work.
Drace
Well I'll be blunt here and say BMS songs belong in BMS and o2jam songs belong in o2jam. People should look to create original content instead ;o

And you're not allowed to rank maps from other games anyways :p
Tornspirit

tbonedavis13 wrote:

I've also seen people like 'Latitude Chaser' create an account, get a 99.71% on Imperishable Night 2006 Lunatic difficulty, and then delete his account an hour or two later.
For the record, Latitude Chaser was hacking; IN2006 lunatic score had exactly 4 misses, with the rest being about 80-20 on rainbow 300s to regular 300s. The account was banned.
MostDakka
oath sign https://osu.ppy.sh/s/108565
Shinseitaiju https://osu.ppy.sh/s/104081
Game Brain https://osu.ppy.sh/s/121134

links arent working anymore
Tear
Game Brain https://osu.ppy.sh/s/188492
Oath Sign http://bloodcat.com/osu/m/76507
Anyone out there can upload the Shinseitaiju .osz? ;_;
PyaKura
Previous page... link still works, though it may very well die someday.

http://puu.sh/9GhbO.osz
Tear
puush links expire, this one won't disappear as easily
https://mega.co.nz/#!IpRxXApR!L4ap2t26s ... dpLMPYEB_M
PyaKura
Yeah I was too lazy to upload it somewhere safe, thanks
Inversion
Why are all of these are 7k......
If you are going to do this please mark this tutorial as 7K.
MostDakka

Inversion wrote:

You can try t/162296 for 4k.
Bobbias

Inversion wrote:

When this was created, there were almost no 4k maps, and far fewer 7k maps. The list here is pretty outdated now.
auxy
been playing 4k this whole time hopefully this helps with 7k :p
Scintillate
Catastrophe [Easy] is way to fast for a beginner imo. I can barley read the notes coming down. Getting used to the keys comes before speed.
Bobbias
If you're having trouble with speeds, change your scroll speed (default keys are F3/F4).
show more